No Face, No Life - Arrived! <3

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
I've finally separated the main book from the bonus epilogue chapters which I will make into a separate small book. It could be a Novelette or a Novella, I'm not sure which it will end up being, so we'll keep tabs on that separately.

No Face, No Life
76 chapters (completed)
Word Count: 113046
Page Count: 568

Editing Progress:
66/76 chapters - Clarity Checks
32/76 chapters - Grammar and Punctuation

Cover Art:
Typography - 20%
Concept - 100%
Background - 85%
Characters - 75%

No Face, No Life: Epilogue
8 chapters
Word Count: 13179
Page Count: 73

Editing Progress:
0/8 chapters - Clarity Checks
0/8 chapters - Grammar and Punctuation

Cover Art:
Typography - 0%
Concept - 0%
Background - 0%
Characters - 0%

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
This update is purely concerning the cover art! it's coming along beautifully! Btw, I'm probably going to not commission another cover for the booklet until halfway through the releases of the main book <3 that will give me time to determine the investment is worthwhile. So far beta readers are positive about the book. Assu-chan is my toughest critic, so I'll know soonish what his overall evaluation of the story is.

Cover Art:
Typography - 20%
Concept - 100%
Background - 85%
Characters - 80% - The characters are almost all cell-shaded. One character needs a bit of reworking, but so far the work is stunning! (No peeks until the release date!)

No Face, No Life
76 chapters (completed)
Word Count: 113985
Page Count: 572

Editing Progress:
68/76 chapters - Clarity Checks
35/76 chapters - Grammar and Punctuation

Cover Art:
Typography - 20%
Concept - 100%
Background - 85%
Characters - 76%

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
No Face, No Life
76 chapters (completed)
Word Count: 114238
Page Count: 573

Editing Progress:
70/76 chapters - Clarity Checks - 3 days of normal work left <3
36/76 chapters - Grammar and Punctuation

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
Cover Art:
Typography - 99% (Waiting on Feedback, but it looks amazing)
Concept - 100%
Background - 100%
Characters - 99%

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
No Face, No Life
76 chapters (completed)
Word Count: 114589
Page Count: 572

Editing Progress:
74/76 chapters - Clarity Checks - Done tomorrow with luck! <3
38/76 chapters - Grammar and Punctuation

<3 The cover might be done and ready to go tonight! <3
I'm already looking into ebook formatting for later! *winks*

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
Btw, I'm doing what everyone else does with this one. No super long chapters. We're going to string it out in manageable bits with daily releases to increase the windows of exposure! That way more see it and it'll have a higher chance of trending regularly. *winks*

I truly hope it will be popular! <3 I think my biggest issue so far is that I delivered my other novels and stories in large chunks over several weeks. Despite that, I've gained a fair amount of attention... so I wondered... if I were to make my work more visible, could it be that I could be a site queen? <3 Nyaaaa!

I hope so!!!

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
Cover Art:
DONE!

It's ready to go for the release on New Years Day! <3 First day of 2020!

First pass editing.... DONE!

THANK YOU SO MUCH ASSURBANIPAL II!

All the hearts for helping this story to be the best it can be! <3 <3 <3 <3

Btw, thanks to FELICIA-CHAN for completing the cover over the course of only fourteen days! :coffee:

These are not the final stats because there's one more round of editing going on, but the biggest changes have finished so these pages are likely the numbers the novel will be in the end. This number of course will vary when we get to the Amazon step of the process, so keep in mind these values are relevant to a physical book's formatting. 76 x 2 = 152 day releases. Some chapters are longer than others, so those may get divided further which means we could do up to 180 day's worth of releases.

No Face, No Life - Book Stats
76 chapters (Completed!)
Word Count: 115534
Page Count: 576

Cover: (Completed!) A special scene break graphic that will be unique to my book is on the way!

Editing Progress:
76/76 chapters - Assurbanipal II - (Completed!)
39/76 chapters - Trismegistus Shandy

Btw, Merry Christmas to everyone living in the future!
It's the 24th of December for you!

MEOWY CHRISTMAS!

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
Meowy Christmas again!

For some people it's the 25th of December!

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
I've begun a third editing run to catch any stragglers in the story. This means I need to read the book over myself, but sometimes that's necessary to make sure a book is about as good as you can make it. :s_wink:

39/76 chapters - Grammar and Punctuation
11/76 chapters - Final Pass

13/76 chapters - Final Pass

The Patreon is in the process of being approved! As soon as it's ready, I'll link my account here to it! By the way, being as Jan 1st is subjective depending on where you live, please expect the book on Dec 31st in the slower parts of the ever-spinning Earth!

No Face, No Life
20/76 chapters - Final Pass

Patreon is live! https://www.patreon.com/nofacenolife

And Twitter signed up for! <3 https://twitter.com/Rellawing

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
patreonbanner.jpg

Thank you! I hope you like the chibi-preview of the cover! Though people who looked at the link would have seen this mini-banner! I'll do a version for my signature soon as it launches!
:blob_reach: :blob_reach: :blob_reach:

patreonbanner.jpg

No Face, No Life
24/76 chapters - Final Pass

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
patreonbanner.jpg

No Face, No Life
30/76 chapters - Final Pass

Zoey

Mustachu
Just telling you that most people consider these updates spam. so instead of making a new post every update just edit a previous post.

or do it on your profile.

Tony

Staff member
I actually like threads like this as it's good to stalk your authors. I personally think it's good for both the authors and readers (who follows the author). It'll be nice if more people did this imo. It'll be better if such a feature exist on SH but since it doesn't, the forums are fine too.

It doesn't belong in the "Story Feedback" forums though so I moved it. The only problem I really see is the multiple double/triple posts on the same day. You could just put that in one post instead of multiple posts if it's the same day. I merged those posts for you.

Last edited:

Moshi

I actually like threads like this as it's good to stalk your authors. I personally think it's good for both the authors and readers (who follows the author). It'll be nice if more people did this imo. It'll be better if such a feature exist on SH but since it doesn't, the forums are fine too.

We have profile posts for that though. Arguably, most of the parts here belong in a profile post, which can even be done on ScribbleHub proper.

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
Thank you! <3 *purrs*

patreonbanner.jpg

No Face, No Life
43/76 chapters - My Editing Pass (I surpassed the other editor's pace so theirs is now the final pass as I originally intended!)

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
I'm not sure if I'll complete my editing pass, and I'm sure Tris won't either, but that shouldn't affect things too much. We have several months for the editing to be finished before it will be an issue. I'll finish mine in a matter of less than a week's worth work. *winks*

Anyhow, here are tonight's stats! <3

Word Count: 118949 (It has gone up due to the additions I've made in my editing pass)
Page Count: 590 (Hm... interesting... I wonder if it will go over 600! Maybe!) =^.^=

Once again, the page count is only relevant in the document. I like to keep tabs on how many book pages the story takes up. There's spaces between paragraphs, so that affects the numbers, but I rather like the space. It's easier to read this way.

patreonbanner.jpg

No Face, No Life
51/76 chapters - My Editing Pass

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
patreonbanner.jpg

No Face, No Life
56/76 chapters - My Editing Pass
45/76 chapters - Grammar and Punctuation

These numbers are a bit more modest. I'm probably slowing down a bit simply because there's no real hurry since the first phase is online free releases. Everything until chapter 45 is edited! Multiply that by two, and we have 90 days worth of submissions (3 months or so) plus some chapters are longer than others, which means a standard will need to be found to keep the lengths fairly consistent!

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
patreonbanner.jpg

No Face, No Life
60/76 chapters - My Editing Pass
51/76 chapters - Grammar and Punctuation

I'll continue to update everyone on the progress! However, remember that tomorrow is the day of release!

RELEASE IN AROUND 12 HOURS

This is an estimation, but given it will be New Years across most of Europe by then, since many of the people in the community are from that part of the world, I need to respect the moment it becomes 2020 for many, instead of having people wait an extra day due to differences in time-zones.

It's super exciting to do this! <3 Thanks for your patience! I'll give another update when I release, and chances are I'll relax a bit, but I'll get more editing done along the way too!

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
The story has been submitted to Scribble and Royal Road! It'll be 48 hours or so before Royal approves it maybe, and it will show in Scribble soonish! <3

Expect it soon! <3