Nobles' conduct of battle and why are they so fucked up.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Like, when (evil af) noble/ officer/ rando A tries to assassinate/ sabotage MC and somehow the latter manages to:
1. prevent themselves/ their loved ones from getting killed/ foil the plan
and/ or
2. retaliate, which might or might not result in death/s.

I used the title because normally in novels, they are the people with broomsticks up their asses and after reading the latest raw of the Original Vampire, yup.

But the thing can be applied to everyone opposing MC, because MC is good and will not throw the first punch~

Hypocrite.

I wrote this down after the latest raw of Omnipresent God of War and like the many works of Get Lost, regresses to mediocracy as chapters go. Long story short, villains get hissy fits when they did not take into account of losses and failure in their plans. Granted, MC helped them to be mad when he goes murderhobo (he and I share the good reason; to eliminate future problems).

I wrote this because I want your help to understand the psychology of these villains when they do their stupid shit, because even in OV, the second son of the Eastern Count is imo piece of shitty fuck, his motives are clear and that despite being a nuisance, I can understand him, I just don't get their confidence in their plan being flawless. All I can think about the villains and their reaction is self entitlement. In OGW, the villain stops MC from capturing his son, who just tried to murder MC's wife and friend, and even said that he will bring MC to justice for disrupting the peace in the city when he was the one to order his son to kill MC's wife's friend. Furthermore, he and MC never met and the first thing they thought about him is to fuck him upside down because he ain't got the backing. Cue MC using Killer Queen's Bites the Dust and detonate his son right in front of him. Then the villain get pissed off of his dead son and not-so-dead target.

SailusGebel

Well, they are usually surrounded by bootlickers. This fact justifies those situations you described a bit, but not too much. Also, it's lazy writing, forced plot, and other things you are aware of.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Well, they are usually surrounded by bootlickers. This fact justifies those situations you described a bit, but not too much. Also, it's lazy writing, forced plot, and other things you are aware of.
*poke SailusGebel with a stick*

Help me think of more then, come on.

SailusGebel

Yup.

I don't have a cookie.
I don't know, I'm too sleepy. The reason I gave you is enough if written properly. We have people in our day and age that would get mad when someone's opinions don't align with theirs. The nobles were ingrained with the thought that they were above everyone else. Doesn't matter if they are good or bad though, they are above. It's either their duty to guide peasants who are too stupid or their choice to abuse them.

There is as well peer pressure. Nobles are different from random villagers. They always fight for power, so any sign of weakness is fatal for them. Fights between different families, inside a family, fight with royalty, etc. Once again, if written properly.

They can underestimate mc. Once again, they were born and bred to be rulers, and somehow this peasant knows as much as they are? It's unbelievable, their worldview can't handle this, and they deny this subconsciously.

Laws were fucked up. Like sure, you want to spare this innocent thief who stole a loaf of bread, but by royal decree, you must cut this thief's arm. If those nobles are evil, they would, of course, abuse those laws so that those laws profit them.

There isn't a lot of entertainment. And as the nobles are gods who can do whatever in their own land, the innocent playing around the peasant might turn into sadistic actions, like rape, killing for fun, etc.

And now, I will go to bed. When I get up with a much fresher head, I will think of a proper answer. The things I wrote right now look like a mess to me.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I don't know, I'm too sleepy. The reason I gave you is enough if written properly. We have people in our day and age that would get mad when someone's opinions don't align with theirs. The nobles were ingrained with the thought that they were above everyone else. Doesn't matter if they are good or bad though, they are above. It's either their duty to guide peasants who are too stupid or their choice to abuse them.

There is as well peer pressure. Nobles are different from random villagers. They always fight for power, so any sign of weakness is fatal for them. Fights between different families, inside a family, fight with royalty, etc. Once again, if written properly.

They can underestimate mc. Once again, they were born and bred to be rulers, and somehow this peasant knows as much as they are? It's unbelievable, their worldview can't handle this, and they deny this subconsciously.

Laws were fucked up. Like sure, you want to spare this innocent thief who stole a loaf of bread, but by royal decree, you must cut this thief's arm. If those nobles are evil, they would, of course, abuse those laws so that those laws profit them.

There isn't a lot of entertainment. And as the nobles are gods who can do whatever in their own land, the innocent playing around the peasant might turn into sadistic actions, like rape, killing for fun, etc.

And now, I will go to bed. When I get up with a much fresher head, I will think of a proper answer. The things I wrote right now look like a mess to me.
Thanks.

Night.

Like, when (evil af) noble/ officer/ rando A tries to assassinate/ sabotage MC and somehow the latter manages to:
1. prevent themselves/ their loved ones from getting killed/ foil the plan
and/ or
2. retaliate, which might or might not result in death/s.

I used the title because normally in novels, they are the people with broomsticks up their asses and after reading the latest raw of the Original Vampire, yup.

But the thing can be applied to everyone opposing MC, because MC is good and will not throw the first punch~

Hypocrite.

I wrote this down after the latest raw of Omnipresent God of War and like the many works of Get Lost, regresses to mediocracy as chapters go. Long story short, villains get hissy fits when they did not take into account of losses and failure in their plans. Granted, MC helped them to be mad when he goes murderhobo (he and I share the good reason; to eliminate future problems).

I wrote this because I want your help to understand the psychology of these villains when they do their stupid shit, because even in OV, the second son of the Eastern Count is imo piece of shitty fuck, his motives are clear and that despite being a nuisance, I can understand him, I just don't get their confidence in their plan being flawless. All I can think about the villains and their reaction is self entitlement. In OGW, the villain stops MC from capturing his son, who just tried to murder MC's wife and friend, and even said that he will bring MC to justice for disrupting the peace in the city when he was the one to order his son to kill MC's wife's friend. Furthermore, he and MC never met and the first thing they thought about him is to fuck him upside down because he ain't got the backing. Cue MC using Killer Queen's Bites the Dust and detonate his son right in front of him. Then the villain get pissed off of his dead son and not-so-dead target.
These sound like poorly written characters. But there's a general rule here that even applies to hereos: All power corrupts.

The brash types of nobels are very similar to obnoxious six year olds. They were never raised right, and no one had ever said no to them. They throw a hissy fit when they don't get what they want, and keep crying until they get it.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
These sound like poorly written characters. But there's a general rule here that even applies to hereos: All power corrupts.

The brash types of nobels are very similar to obnoxious six year olds. They were never raised right, and no one had ever said no to them. They throw a hissy fit when they don't get what they want, and keep crying until they get it.
... I know, but some of them just makes no sense for me. Like a thousand year old cultivator/ elder/ head of a clan acting like that in odd occasions.

Kind of makes me wanna bang my head. I know that mental age =/= actual age, but seriously, wtf is an old geezer arguing with a grown man/ teenager like that? I also get that the topic argued might be worth losing face, but at least pretend to be magnanimous at the front and stab the MC at the back later... like how a proper noble/ businessman does it.

SailusGebel

... I know, but some of them just makes no sense for me. Like a thousand year old cultivator/ elder/ head of a clan acting like that in odd occasions.

Kind of makes me wanna bang my head. I know that mental age =/= actual age, but seriously, wtf is an old geezer arguing with a grown man/ teenager like that? I also get that the topic argued might be worth losing face, but at least pretend to be magnanimous at the front and stab the MC at the back later... like how a proper noble/ businessman does it.
That's the thing, you are a thousand-year-old cultivator, but you spent 99% of your time meditating to make that sweet breakthrough through another bottleneck. Another thing to take a notion of, people of that time(assuming it's old-time cultivators or nobles) thought differently. For example, most villagers won't be able to even think of rebelling. They had a slave mentality while their worldview was limited to their village and a field with wheat.

Their schemes are much simpler than the ones a modern man who has seen and read a lot can come up with. I know that mc, supposedly someone of a lowly origin, comes up with ingenious(compared to his enemies) schemes, but that's why he\she is an mc.

The fact that mc might have a treasure of a huge power is also a plausible excuse. Those villains think they can get it, but they don't know of plot armor. They can't buy it, so they resort to taking it with power. Like a sect master or a noble is currently fighting another noble\cultivator. They need all the power-ups they can come up with, and they are no jade beauty in distress, so MC wouldn't willingly save them.

As I stated above, peer pressure is a fact as well. If a junior dares, why won't an 'evil' cultivator dare? You can't show a sign of weakness, and magnanimity is a weakness if you aren't strong enough to back this up.

Lastly, you stated it right. MCs are hypocrites. They are often the ones who start a fight; it's just that the author tries to justify their actions in every way possible, so it's not that obvious. It's like their 'reverse scale' is tickled all the time. Like, bear this humiliation, or avoid it by not saving yet another jade beauty, so that you won't fight a whole fucking noble family or a cultivator's sect.

you can't rationalize xianxia