Non fiction Genre?

Vanidor

Any chance of a non-fiction genre? I wanted to write a non-fiction book on writing here but picked Historical for now.

Edit: Sorry, maybe this belongs in the Feature Suggestion section. Sorry!

Last edited:

mrsimple

Writer
Like an auto-biography section? That would be considered original.

Vanidor

It is a book on writing, but there also is no Original Genre to pick either.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
I'd also be interested in this!

I like writing prose/essays and so forth occasionally, so I would really much make use of this!

S.D.Mills

If you are expecting very many readers, I just want to warn you that this type of work won't be popular or get much attention on a site like this.

Having said that, I like the idea. I think there's probably a lot of room on this site for collaborative-style works between multiple authors. I'm still thinking about how exactly we might do that.

A Nonfiction and Creative Nonfiction genre types would probably be nice. They are technically different genres, but it would be such a small number that I'm guessing it's not worth separating into two.

Your book sounds fun. I'd read it. (Though I might pick at you with my own writer's opinions, empowered by my unchecked inflated ego.)

D

Deleted member 5560

Didn't RR recently remove their Non-Fiction genre entirely because people were essentially using it to make blog posts? I think this is a good idea, but I imagine it'd need some strict moderation/submission guidelines to keep that from just repeating here.

kenamoru

@above
I don't use RR but it seems like it doesn't support profile posts. That's probably why.

@2above
Maybe add Nonfiction as a Genre and Creative Nonfiction as a tag?
As for the multiple authors suggestion you can add a post under the Suggestions & Bug Reports forum, or I can if you don't want to.