Non-standard Monsters

D

Deleted member 45782

Do you want monsters pulled from certain myths?

Like there's the selkie, each-uisge, etc.?

Spica66

Try the concept of Non-Euclidean lifeform if you're interested in a bit of sci-fi.

Something that you can't comprehend its physical appearance.

WasatchWind

Writer, musician, creator of worlds
I like dragons, I somewhat like goblins, magic wolves are rad, but I kinda want some variety with my monsters.

Think up some.
I do not have an original monster to offer you, but the example of something truly terrifying in another story -

In Mistborn: The Final Empire, there are the steel inquisitors, who have really lost much of their humanity - they have gigantic spikes going through their eyes. The specific way they are described is absolutely terrifying.

a5316a73caed50cc9105969b96f1cdec.jpg

PieCoNsUmEr

The Fisher Dragun
Rattlers and Catacophonys.
Rattlers are skeletal abomination with more, extended, and segmented ribs that hit each other producing loud distracting noise. They can’t move while doing there signature move, they aren’t optimized for direct combat.
Catacophonys are colossal skeletal amalgamations that produce a racket that can kill those too close.

SirDogeTheFirst

Lord Of The Potatoes
I like dragons, I somewhat like goblins, magic wolves are rad, but I kinda want some variety with my monsters.

Think up some.

Massive stick bugs and leaf bugs that are hiding their selves inside rainforest like places. Snakes, they are just cool. A slug that replaces dead creatures hearth and brain and uses their body to protect itself while searching new bodies. Mimics are also cool monsters, but not a one hiding itself in a chest or something. A mimic that mimics a castle. Defeating something like that will be fun.

Yeah, you can pretty much change size and brutality of lots of random animal in our world and use it as a monster, and some of less used creatures.

It screams like Earthbound series, like, the first enemy you fight is actually a lamp.

You could also fight Dali's paintings as well.

Hylics also has some pretty weird foes to fight.

Southdog

Caustic, handle with caution
You could try cracking open a few Pathfinder bestiaries. There's an online repository of them in archives of nethys. It's a pretty exhaustive list of just about every creature you can think of with statistics laid out: sans maybe American cryptid style creatures. One of my favorites is the hadyahosh. It's a gigantic brass bull

Armored99

Harem-phobic
In the story I've been writing there's a boar with spider legs. Not sure if that helps, but its pretty easy to just mash stuff together.