Not Counting My Own Visits

bulmabriefs144

So, I've noticed that sometimes as I am going through my own pages in order to edit, and then I look again at the page to see if format looks right, it adds one to the tally of views. As it is, I am not sure if 10 people have read my ending, or if nobody but me has actually seen it, and I've just done a lot of little edits. Is there a way that page view count can be retweaked to disallow view tallies by the author themselves?

Either that, or to remove same-user views (so I don't rack up views by accident when editing). Or just display unique user views, so I can legit know if I'm the only one that read a chapter.

Statistics like this help me evaluate my own work. I want to be legit sure what is and isn't read of my book, so I can figure out where problem areas are.

Agentt

Thighs
So, I've noticed that sometimes as I am going through my own pages in order to edit, and then I look again at the page to see if format looks right, it adds one to the tally of views. As it is, I am not sure if 10 people have read my ending, or if nobody but me has actually seen it, and I've just done a lot of little edits. Is there a way that page view count can be retweaked to disallow view tallies by the author themselves?

Either that, or to remove same-user views (so I don't rack up views by accident when editing). Or just display unique user views, so I can legit know if I'm the only one that read a chapter.

Statistics like this help me evaluate my own work. I want to be legit sure what is and isn't read of my book, so I can figure out where problem areas are.
The only way for this is to subtract the number of times you have visited your story.

DarkGodEM

Book Editor

I find this really unnecessary because, to be fair, it only matters on the very first days of your novel, or in case you actually wanna talk to the people reading (only comments would work for that). It also adds complexity to the viewcount algo for something that (in my opinion) only matters at very very small novels.

If you want to know how well your novel is faring check the Valid Reads on the [Create] -> (Stats) area of your novel.