Not Isekai tag

So, just for giggles, I took your suggestion an set the series finder to block Isekai stories, and here is the result:
and on page one, 8 of 25 are Isekais. Clearly the tagging system is lacking. (For reference, almost a third of the stories on SH label themselves Isekai.) So, I rest my case. As a reader and an author, I would find it most convenient to have a Not-Isekai tag.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
So, just for giggles, I took your suggestion an set the series finder to block Isekai stories, and here is the result:
and on page one, 8 of 25 are Isekais. Clearly the tagging system is lacking. (For reference, almost a third of the stories on SH label themselves Isekai.) So, I rest my case. As a reader and an author, I would find it most convenient to have a Not-Isekai tag.
Authors not putting the proper tags/genres on their stories does not make the system flawed, that's a problem of the author not properly tagging their story.

The readers of the story could try poking the author to consider adding the appropriate tags/genres if they feel like it, but at the end of the day the site can only work on the assumption that authors will do their job properly in tagging and adding genres.

Trying to add new options to compensate for authors that don't do their part is not a solution.

LostLibrarian

As a reader and an author, I would find it most convenient to have a Not-Isekai tag.
So you are angry with authors not tagging their stories correctly. And your solution is to give a new tag that all other authors have to use so it works. Because if not the majority of non-isekai authors are using it (which most wouldn't simply due to the fact, that they won't even think about such an idea), your tag won't work either, leading to readers also not using it. Which in turn makes that new tag worthless...

Also... if we have a not-isekai tag because it is so popular, I also want not-girls love, not-genderbender, not-harem, not-litrpg, not-smut, not-ecchi, ... you see the problem?