Notes on creativity.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
I’ve noticed a trend within creative people. This trend being that most creative people are disorderly and that this disorder is very likely to create a creativity. And I’ve noticed this creativity in my very disorderly and child like self. To be creative is to think like a child. To see like a child.

and this creativity wears off in the process of molding yourself, by molding yourself I mean dedicating yourself to an ideal or status. This could be working at a McDonald’s job or becoming a fitness god. This creativity does not fade away by the fact of molding yourself, but rather by a particular action in the process of molding.

You are often that you’ve ought to be realistic and stoic so you become like such, flushing your creativity and child-like nature down the drain. And when you turn the clock to a prior time, you begin to wonder what had I lost? What had I lost, because now the days feel faster, more barren and unsuitable for life.

Truth is that your sacrifice of creativity at the altar of material success has fucked you over, to say the least. An altar and a sacrifice to a false ideal, even with your creativity and child-like mindiness in place you could achieve greater success, greater than if you were to sacrifice one of life’s greatest joys.

It is in creative, passionate work which one is only a human.

D

Deleted member 57675

I’ve noticed a trend within creative people. This trend being that most creative people are disorderly and that this disorder is very likely to create a creativity. And I’ve noticed this creativity in my very disorderly and child like self. To be creative is to think like a child. To see like a child.

and this creativity wears off in the process of molding yourself, by molding yourself I mean dedicating yourself to an ideal or status. This could be working at a McDonald’s job or becoming a fitness god. This creativity does not fade away by the fact of molding yourself, but rather by a particular action in the process of molding.

You are often that you’ve ought to be realistic and stoic so you become like such, flushing your creativity and child-like nature down the drain. And when you turn the clock to a prior time, you begin to wonder what had I lost? What had I lost, because now the days feel faster, more barren and unsuitable for life.

Truth is that your sacrifice of creativity at the altar of material success has fucked you over, to say the least. An altar and a sacrifice to a false ideal, even with your creativity and child-like mindiness in place you could achieve greater success, greater than if you were to sacrifice one of life’s greatest joys.

It is in creative, passionate work which one is only a human.
Maybe not disorderly but goddamn does it hit a bit close. Sacrificing creativity for a means to success in this world in order to live and survive. Then looking back to see what's amiss, why still feel not complete when success happens. Like a head stuck in two mindsets either constantly at the same time or always one path success and another path still lurking underneath somewhere, unaware how to make it work together.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Creativity is like a muscle. Just as newborns do not have the muscle strength to lift their own heads, they have not yet developed creativity. However, the basic framework is there. Most humans start to show creativity by engaging in pretend play by the time they are 30 months old. For some humans, this happens earlier. For some humans, this happens later:
Important Milestones: Your Baby By Thirty Months | CDC

The way to maintain our creativity as we age is to use it. However, many humans get caught up in other activities and forget to set time aside to exercise their creativity, so it atrophies just like a muscle that doesn't get used. Some of us prioritize creativity over other things such as cleaning, for example.

OtherSlater

Because The First Slater Died.
I love being creative but I love my dream too.
If I have to do Deku X Reader to keep my dream alive, I fucking will

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Creativity is like a muscle. Just as newborns do not have the muscle strength to lift their own heads, they have not yet developed creativity. However, the basic framework is there. Most humans start to show creativity by engaging in pretend play by the time they are 30 months old. For some humans, this happens earlier. For some humans, this happens later:
Important Milestones: Your Baby By Thirty Months | CDC

The way to maintain our creativity as we age is to use it. However, many humans get caught up in other activities and forget to set time aside to exercise their creativity, so it atrophies just like a muscle that doesn't get used. Some of us prioritize creativity over other things such as cleaning, for example.
Yes.
F56372F5-A277-4A35-9A33-9F618C49A9F8.png