Notice a trend?

Omegaw

I feel like 90% of the stories on scribble hub are either A: female lead or B: male lead but harem. Has anyone else noticed this?

LilRora

Mostly formless
I don't think that's only on Scibble, there are many other sites where it's similar (Webnovel, for one). It has a lot to do with traditional gender roles, I guess.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
I feel like 90% of the stories on scribble hub are either A: female lead or B: male lead but harem. Has anyone else noticed this?
Always has been
I was going to make a crime joke when I saw this title again.

Last edited:

LostLibrarian

Overall 14% harem stories on SH. So unless we have a massive amount of female lead stories, that wouldn't really work out.
If we we look at only the ongoing stories, we have 20% harem stories, so also not really that much.

I would say that it's just based on a small number of really active and well-liked stories that appear a lot on the frontpage.
The all-loved GL-tag only makes up for about 11% of all active stories. And another 5% of GB that aren't GL.
That's 16% GB/GL even though it feels like 80% of all trending is either GL or GB at times...

Sadly, there aren't any good ways to find female lead/male lead stories on SH.
We had a surge of them based on the "villainess" but they never really dominated that much...

Anyway, I would just say it's the usual bias towards those stories that do really well and therefore are on top of most lists...

No, I don't notice a trend, because I'm the most oblivious person in the universe and I've never noticed anything ever in my entire life.

minionlover

Overall 14% harem stories on SH. So unless we have a massive amount of female lead stories, that wouldn't really work out.
If we we look at only the ongoing stories, we have 20% harem stories, so also not really that much.

I would say that it's just based on a small number of really active and well-liked stories that appear a lot on the frontpage.
The all-loved GL-tag only makes up for about 11% of all active stories. And another 5% of GB that aren't GL.
That's 16% GB/GL even though it feels like 80% of all trending is either GL or GB at times...

Sadly, there aren't any good ways to find female lead/male lead stories on SH.
We had a surge of them based on the "villainess" but they never really dominated that much...

Anyway, I would just say it's the usual bias towards those stories that do really well and therefore are on top of most lists...
How are you getting these percentages???

Lloyd

Professional Writer
I ignore all female protag stories so I wouldn't know.

DiscoDream

Severe autist
It's just what your eyes are drawn to. Most stories are actually about adventure, or slice of life. The harem novels do get updated more often though. You might be looking at the front page and get the idea that, that is the majority of the stories.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
most popular s**t is GB/GL harem, so please produce less of them, fellow writers.