Novel on esports, should I use real games or make my own games ?(Potentially RIPOFF real games)

yurinium

Make your own name but use several references to make the reader know which game you are referring to.

Or write it in the story summary part as an OOC notes.

Kuropon

Yeah (Oh My Gawd, The Author Of My Favorite Novel On This Site Replied To Me, God Damn!!) but mechs aren't my cup of tea, but might try that as well
That's fine, I just like high-fantasy tropes vs the more grounded ones xD But I think a lot of those esport novels do take place in VR at least but dunno.

ScarletWeeb

Make your own name but use several references to make the reader know which game you are referring to.

Or write it in the story summary part as an OOC notes.
Sound like a good idea to me
That's fine, I just like high-fantasy tropes vs the more grounded ones xD But I think a lot of those esport novels do take place in VR at least but dunno.
That's what I wanna change, I want to make it as realistic as haikyuu, like you know this shit can happen, Competitive Gaming is a real thing, and I want to showcase that to this web novel reading audience

Erivva

You can use game knowledge for stats and how the game world works, just mix different things together.