Novel Statistics by Moonpearl

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
This was quite the curious read. very interesting that GL and BL are almost equal but with a very slight bias to GL.

What was most interesting was the contrast of BL and GL, especially when it involved GB and trans. I wonder if there's anything to be pondered on the data that GL is much more diverse when it comes to GB and trans content than BL is.

Anyone care to postulate a theory?

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
This was quite the curious read. very interesting that GL and BL are almost equal but with a very slight bias to GL.

What was most interesting was the contrast of BL and GL, especially when it involved GB and trans. I wonder if there's anything to be pondered on the data that GL is much more diverse when it comes to GB and trans content than BL is.

Anyone care to postulate a theory?

Non-trans GB is unpopular in BL in general. I've read a few like that over on NU but, in general, they're just worse than normal BL overall. Like, BL but even straighter?
Most people read BL for relationships between men, so adding a woman goes against what their audience is really looking for.

There's also the fact that there's a weird subcategory of GB yuri writers who write that because they feel that they can't write women well or that they need to justify lesbianism. You don't get that kind of weird bullshit with male characters, so those guys are automatically non-existent for the BL side.

Most of our trans yuri is being written by trans people, so... I don't really know why they pump out more trans GL than BL. Maybe trans men aren't so interested in writing that sort of thing? It's question for our trans community, really.

That said, BL isn't very diverse to begin with, whereas GL has always been less constrained and very varied.

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
Most of our trans yuri is being written by trans people, so... I don't really know why they pump out more trans GL than BL. Maybe trans men aren't so interested in writing that sort of thing? It's question for our trans community, really.
I don't actually know much about the trans community but when I see trans content (like, videos on YouTube by trans creators, interviews with trans people, or articles by trans people), I feel like the majority is by/with/about trans women while trans men make up a much smaller cut of that. Maybe my perception is just skewed there (I probably just see people that are really out there and would never register the smaller creators since I'm not actively looking) but could that be a real issue? That maybe there are more trans women out there that would be more invested in writing GL because of their own identity than trans men who might have an interest in some kind of GB BL?
(Also, I'd totally take recs for any male trans YouTubers if somebody knows good ones ...)

One thing I'd personally like to add is that while I'm writing BL and would love to try out writing either a GB or a trans-BL I'm quite honestly just scared of the backlash that might receive. Because a) I'd totally subscribe to what you mentioned about adding a woman somewhere in BL isn't what the audience is looking for (for a GB one; would totally include myself there for the most part) and b) I've seen way too much of the radical side of trans activism (not the actual community) online to feel like I as a cis-person could attempt writing anything trans without being shredded to pieces. It's probably both groundless (and I think I'll grow guts one of these days and just do it anyway :blob_sweat: ) but I wonder if other people might feel similar and don't dare to try new things because of that? At least for GB, that might explain the difference between the genres.

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
I don't actually know much about the trans community but when I see trans content (like, videos on YouTube by trans creators, interviews with trans people, or articles by trans people), I feel like the majority is by/with/about trans women while trans men make up a much smaller cut of that. Maybe my perception is just skewed there (I probably just see people that are really out there and would never register the smaller creators since I'm not actively looking) but could that be a real issue? That maybe there are more trans women out there that would be more invested in writing GL because of their own identity than trans men who might have an interest in some kind of GB BL?
(Also, I'd totally take recs for any male trans YouTubers if somebody knows good ones ...)

Trans men are more invisible in mainstream media, but they're definitely out there writing blogs and participating in the world? I'm not sure that would stop them from writing in trans communities at all.

That said, I remember some mlm trans men saying that they like BL because it features bishounen, which they feel is a more realistic goal for them in their transition? So it might be that they're more satisfied with mainstream BL. Maybe.

Or maybe the men from TGST just aren't attracted to SH in the same way for some reason.

One thing I'd personally like to add is that while I'm writing BL and would love to try out writing either a GB or a trans-BL I'm quite honestly just scared of the backlash that might receive. Because a) I'd totally subscribe to what you mentioned about adding a woman somewhere in BL isn't what the audience is looking for (for a GB one; would totally include myself there for the most part) and b) I've seen way too much of the radical side of trans activism (not the actual community) online to feel like I as a cis-person could attempt writing anything trans without being shredded to pieces. It's probably both groundless (and I think I'll grow guts one of these days and just do it anyway :blob_sweat: ) but I wonder if other people might feel similar and don't dare to try new things because of that? At least for GB, that might explain the difference between the genres.

When it comes to standard GB BL, you're probably fine. You might get less readers, but you will get readers and there probably won't be much complaining. I think there's even a small category of people who really want GB BL, for some reason.

As for writing trans characters... It can be hard to write outside of your comfort zone, especially when there are people who might be badly affected if you get it wrong. I can only advise doing a lot of research and practising before writing anything you plan to release. The first few times trying anything are usually quite rough.

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
I think there's even a small category of people who really want GB BL, for some reason.

Why am I in this post?

As for writing trans characters... It can be hard to write outside of your comfort zone, especially when there are people who might be badly affected if you get it wrong. I can only advise doing a lot of research and practising before writing anything you plan to release. The first few times trying anything are usually quite rough.

Where do I get started on this research? There's so much material its overwhelming.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I don't actually know much about the trans community but when I see trans content (like, videos on YouTube by trans creators, interviews with trans people, or articles by trans people), I feel like the majority is by/with/about trans women while trans men make up a much smaller cut of that. Maybe my perception is just skewed there (I probably just see people that are really out there and would never register the smaller creators since I'm not actively looking) but could that be a real issue?
There is a difference in number, and it's not a small one, but at the same time it's not an outrageously big difference.

There are definitely more MtF transgender people than there are FtM... I haven't really searched anything about it in ages, but last I saw anything, MtF numbers were about twice as big as FtM.

Nonetheless, as Pearl-chan said. FtM are definitely out there and totally exist, they just aren't as visible as MtF trans.
Where do I get started on this research? There's so much material its overwhelming.
It's hard to give any specific pointer because each person is unique and no two people feel the same way, so... There isn't really a magical resource that will explain everything about how transgender people feel about themselves.

What I can tell you though, is that usually speaking, the wish to transition doesn't come from "wanting to be of the opposite sex", but instead from "I hate my biological sex."

Basically, transitioning is a huge pain in the ass that comes with a plethora of very big issues that nobody would ever want to go through... The people that go through it, don't go because they want to, but because they need to. As in, they can't see themselves going through life if they don't transition. Transitioning is not a choice, but a necessity. This kind of thing.

Also, the feeling of incongruence with the biological sex usually comes from very early on in the person's life. Like, since they were children and stuff. It's not necessarily the case with everyone though, some people start feeling the incongruence in their teen years and some even in their adulthood.

... That said, there is a big difference between feeling some incongruence between their biological sex and their gender, and actually realizing that they're transgender and that they should (or not, as not all transgenders actually go through transition) transition. Some take years and years after realizing that there is a problem to actually pinpoint the root of the problem and finding out that there is a solution to it.

What else...? Uhn... It's also good to think of gender as a spectrum instead of as a binary thing. Most people are born on one side of the spectrum and also identify with the same side... Other people are born in one side and identify with the other... And some are born in one side, but go more into the middle, without identifying very well with neither male nor female genders and stuff like that (if you ever heard anything about the apache helicopter meme and about how there are over 30 genders, it has to do with this... Though well, the apache helicopter is making fun of the idea of there being more than 2 genders... >.>).

Oh, and just because someone identifies themselves as transgender, it doesn't mean they'll actively go through a transition, take hormonal therapy and what not... Similarly speaking, just because someone took hormonal therapy, it doesn't mean they'll actually go through a sex reassignment surgery.

You see, gender dysphoria hits each person differently... Some have a small degree of it, some have a big degree of it. Those that aren't affected by it much might be able to live through life while still living as someone with the same gender as the sex they were born with, even if they don't necessarily identify themselves like that... Others that suffer from a more severe dysphoria might need to transition in order to bear with seeing themselves in the mirror without breaking down crying.

Ah, and to reinforce the initial point. Each individual trans person is different from the other. Each person feels differently and deals with things differently, while they also went through very different experiences throughout their life that helped shape how they view themselves and how they should handle their own life. So... It's not that good to generalize. And at the same time, it's not that troublesome to take some liberties with how you portray things, because the way you are portraying it might not represent someone, but may represent someone else.

I think that's all I can think of? I could try touching on matters with how family and/or friends and/or society in general might reject transgender people due to prejudice, but I think those things are more well known and stuff... If anything, I guess I can say that family and friends, even when they do accept the person for who they are and wish them the best, might still have a hard time treating the person transitioning as their actual gender, often times going back to referring to them by their biological sex... Which might hurt the person in question quite a bit (especially if it goes on for prolonged periods of time), even if it's done without ill intentions and stuff... Though as I said above, each person is different, so the way they handle those things may differ as well.

yansusustories

When it comes to standard GB BL, you're probably fine. You might get less readers, but you will get readers and there probably won't be much complaining. I think there's even a small category of people who really want GB BL, for some reason.
I think I will give it a try after I've finished some other stuff. Although I'm still wondering how to actually write GB without touching on trans issues. Because, well, regardless of which way I go, the person will either end up being happy with the change or suddenly experiencing dysphoria, wouldn't they? :blob_hmm_two: The longer I think about it, the more difficult it seems ... :blob_sweat:

There are definitely more MtF transgender people than there are FtM... I haven't really searched anything about it in ages, but last I saw anything, MtF numbers were about twice as big as FtM.
That is actually a staggeringly high number if it's still the case :blob_blank: I originally thought that it might just be that transwomen are more vocal about it (and might thus also be more likely to maybe write about the issues they've dealt with) but never would have thought there was a big difference in the number of transwomen and -men. That's actually really interesting :blob_hmm_two:

While I can't say anything about the trans community, in general, I'd always advocate for listening/talking to people of the community on the one hand and taking at least a cursory glance at scientific research on the other hand.
I can only say in regards to the gay or asexual community (but I'd imagine it might be similar for the trans community) that both YouTube and Reddit are great places to start looking for personal accounts of living as a member of the community (and in the community itself) and that there are often anthologies of true voices stories around. Also, there are some nice documentaries (in this case definitely for the trans community as well - over here there's regularly one running in the evening hours) where people get the chance to speak about their journey. I've also seen some videos of trans YouTubers that interview people they know (like their parents) about their take on everything.
As for scientific research, I always find that interesting because it looks at specific questions so you can start with something you find interesting or something that's directly related to your story. They are often working with averages over a large number of people but will also show options and possibilities. If you're not huge on science-y stuff, you can also just glance over the abstracts or introductions + results to get the general gist and ignore the details of how the study was done (although that is sometimes necessary to judge whether it's a good study). I know of some journals that are a little more personal as well. Those can often be a good starting point for intersectional stuff. E.g., I remember an article from a gay man in Australia that was of Asian heritage and went into detail regarding the problems that background brought in the community, including his own perceptions but also excerpts of interviews he did with people of similar background and some relevant research that had been done before. It's a good reminder that just a certain part of the identity doesn't speak for the whole experience.

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress

Start with the basic introductory pages and information packs that are designed for people totally new to the topic of gender. You can find pages upon pages of them just by typing "transgender" into Google.
Here are a couple I grabbed just from the front page:
https://www.apa.org/topics/lgbt/transgender
https://www.glaad.org/transgender/transfaq
https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/gender-identity/transgender
(This one's not from the first page but I'm throwing it in because it looks useful) https://transequality.org/issues/resources/frequently-asked-questions-about-transgender-people

When you've exhausted or grown sick of those, you'll probably be familiar enough to move onto other sources. A particularly good idea is to look up some transgender Youtubers who do vlogs about their experiences and learn from a bunch of those.
There are also Reddits, personal blogs, medical pages... Google is your true friend. Once you're a little more familiar with what it is to be transgender, you'll probably naturally form questions and can seek out the answers to those.

If you're intending to write BL, I assume you really want to research trans men. Some terms that will help you find related information more easily are:
  • "trans men" - Self evident, the space is important because those are two different words and it's common for bigots to run them together intentionally
  • "female to male" - A description that some trans men use and which is frequently used to categorise information and communities
  • "FtM" - shortened version of the above
  • "afab" - Stands for "assigned female at birth". Not everyone afab is a trans man, but trans men fall under this category.

.Lance

That maybe there are more trans women out there that would be more invested in writing GL because of their own identity than trans men who might have an interest in some kind of GB BL?
That said, I remember some mlm trans men saying that they like BL because it features bishounen, which they feel is a more realistic goal for them in their transition? So it might be that they're more satisfied with mainstream BL. Maybe.

Or maybe the men from TGST just aren't attracted to SH in the same way for some reason.
I'm trans (ftm) and I have noticed that in trans circles that I've seen, most trans men HATE anything that has to do with yaoi. I'm not sure why, maybe it's not masculine enough or something (?). However, from what I've seen on the mtf side, there's a lot of gay anime cat girl memes, so that might explain the difference in trans webnovels.

Anyways, feel free to dm me if you want to ask about dysphoria. I'm pretty open about it (unless I get death threat messages, but I doubt that's gonna happen here lol).

yansusustories

I'm trans (ftm) and I have noticed that in trans circles that I've seen, most trans men HATE anything that has to do with yaoi. I'm not sure why, maybe it's not masculine enough or something (?). However, from what I've seen on the mtf side, there's a lot of gay anime cat girl memes, so that might explain the difference in trans webnovels.
Well, truth be told, I feel like almost all (straight?) men hate anything yaoi (and often enough anything gay) so I guess there might be something to that. It's like once in a blue moon that I actually see a male reader somewhere. It always feels like it's worth a celebration :blob_melt:

.Lance

Well, truth be told, I feel like almost all (straight?) men hate anything yaoi (and often enough anything gay) so I guess there might be something to that. It's like once in a blue moon that I actually see a male reader somewhere. It always feels like it's worth a celebration :blob_melt:
Yeah... It's also not just straight men, a lot of gay men hate it too.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Well, I honestly never saw a Sports novel in a library tbh, so like... I think the genre isn't very popular in general.

It works well for manga and anime due to art, but uhn... I don't think a novel would be that interesting OTOH.
Matt Christopher is the only popular fiction sportswriter I know of but I know he is popular. I've even read some of his books and they are actually pretty good. Better than what I would have expected for sports fiction. It's definitely a bit of an underappreciated genre when its done well and he made it interesting. He even incorporates mystery and the supernatural into some of it. But its been a while since I read his stuff so I can't swear he still writes. I think he was relevant in the 80s and early 90s. He's a pretty old dude now and I'm sure he's retired.

Last edited:

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off

Well I don't read yaoi or yuri. I'm straight so Yaoi is just disturbing to my sensibilities. Therefore instead of reading it and giving the inevitable bad review for something I was never going to like in the first place, I just avoid the genre as is fair so I don't ruin it for those who would like it. I don't read yuri either because it's every fucking where and most of it just isn't written well. And the few who do write it well I've noticed, tend to get overshadowed and buried by those who are just writing yuri for the lewds rather than having an actual plot that just so happens to have a yuri relationship in it. Thats kind of a shame but sex sells, plot not always so much.

Plus, i've noticed a lot of yuri writers seem to for whatever reason, also slip a lot of feminist crap into their writing. The bad guys seem to always be male, who underestimates women, has comic book villains levels of misogynistic tendencies, and thus "guuurrrrl powah" saves the day. They even make it obvious by having female characters talk about the various inadequacies of men while only speaking positively of women.

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Plus, i've noticed a lot of yuri writers seem to for whatever reason, also slip a lot of feminist crap into their writing. The bad guys seem to always be male, who underestimates women, has comic book villains levels of misogynistic tendencies, and thus "guuurrrrl powah" saves the day. They even make it obvious by having female characters talk about the various inadequacies of men while only speaking positively of women.
Well, it's sad when they exaggerate like that, but uhn... In all honesty, male villains work well into yuri, so it's understandable that they're the majority.

Like uhn... Assuming it's a medi-fantasy yuri novel, for example, it's the norm to have men being the dominant in the society due to historical reasons, so... When two girls are trying to find love in a men-dominated society, isn't it expected that the main villain is a man? I mean, it is a society ruled by men in the first place.

Or in a more modern story, if one of the characters is in a very conservative family that abhors homosexual relationships, it is not a big stretch to think the family would try forcing the female lead into marrying a man... Who may very well be portrayed as the villain of the story that gets in the way of the love between the two female leads.

I don't think the writers should be vilifying men when writing yuri, but I think a male villain often times just fits the genre well. So it's not particularly surprising for that to happen.

AliceShiki

Isn't the so called trans just futa, they look like girls and act like girls, where's the point beside fanservice here? I know some bl stories where there is a biological trans person and they are pretty manly and womanly at the same time, if it's someone like that, then bring it on! Lol
Uhn... No, they're totally different things.

A transgender is someone that was born with a given sex, but has a gender that identifies with the opposite sex. Causing a phenomenon called Gender Dysphoria, which leads to lots of stress, hating one's own body a high suicide rate among other things.

I honestly never read any of the stories that touch on transgender themes on Scribbly, but the transgender mangas I read tended to be about the author's real life story as a transgender, talking about their transition process and how much they suffered through life until they started transitioning and by how the process works in itself.

I dunno if Scribbly's stories are retellings of their own lives or fictional stories that revolve around a transgender character, but it's still considerably different from Futas, who tend to be characters just used in sexual scenarios for the sake of depicting a girl that also has a dick.
Or If you mean crossdresser then there is plenty of it, but
Totally different things again. A crossdresser is someone that dresses up as the opposite gender, a transgender is someone that identifies with the opposite gender.

Nyan_sempai

,✨ ILLUSTRATOR ✨
Uhn... No, they're totally different things.

A transgender is someone that was born with a given sex, but has a gender that identifies with the opposite sex. Causing a phenomenon called Gender Dysphoria, which leads to lots of stress, hating one's own body a high suicide rate among other things.

I honestly never read any of the stories that touch on transgender themes on Scribbly, but the transgender mangas I read tended to be about the author's real life story as a transgender, talking about their transition process and how much they suffered through life until they started transitioning and by how the process works in itself.

I dunno if Scribbly's stories are retellings of their own lives or fictional stories that revolve around a transgender character, but it's still considerably different from Futas, who tend to be characters just used in sexual scenarios for the sake of depicting a girl that also has a dick.

Totally different things again. A crossdresser is someone that dresses up as the opposite gender, a transgender is someone that identifies with the opposite gender.
I know these realistic meanings. I don't see how yuri or yaoi educates us on those stuff apart from futa and traps, my point was exactly that.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
Same here, it's pretty annoying to me. So whenever I come to know a straight guy that reads BL i do have #respect for that person for not being trash. Like how hard is it to think: "okay there's a gay couple, big deal" it's like "THIS GAY COUPLE HAS RUINED THE STORY!" Even if the couple is just a tiny side couple and there's hardly any romance.

i think you might be conflating two separate, but somewhat similar, positions. A) is the type of guy who wont touch anything if there's even a whiff of potential BL (a type i think is somewhat rarer) and B) the type of guy who doesnt read BL novels but doesnt really care if there's minor background BL or side characters who are gay in non-BL novels.

Type A) are overblown idiots who overreact. You can find the same when it comes to GL.

Type B) are people just exercising their preferences to not read BL focused stories.

Conflating the types together and labeling them collectively as trash for not reading BL is, frankly, offensive and lazy. Then again, your expressed views towards trans suggest that you have trouble comprehending things outside your own personal opinions.

Toomanysorrows

There's no need for separate genres for trans people. Two trans women loving each other is two women loving each other, therefore it's yuri. Trans people aren't something fundamentally different, they're still women or men (or neither of course, or both, depending on the person) with a modifier, just like how you have say, disabled women/men, short women/men, etc. If people have a problem with that, that's them being transphobic, not an actual need for a new genre.

It's true that yuri (I don't read BL, can't speak for it) with canon trans people isn't the most popular but there is still a lot out there (especially if you consider yuri any story about love between women, not just the manga or anime genre). And the whole futa/trap thing is complicated but sometimes it's very clearly meant to be very different and disconnected from trans women, sometimes they are meant to be connected, but in general the terms should just be kept as far away from trans stuff as possible.

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
Looks like Scribble Hub stopped giving me notifications for this, so I'm behind on the "fun".

Isn't the so called trans just futa, they look like girls and act like girls, where's the point beside fanservice here? I know some bl stories where there is a biological trans person and they are pretty manly and womanly at the same time, if it's someone like that, then bring it on! Lol

A futanari is a completely fictional type of "intersex" person where a character has the body of a cis woman with an added penis (and/or balls). They typically identify as women. An example can be found here (NSFW): https://mangadex.org/title/35451/futanari-no-elf

(There is the opposite, a reverse futanari, but they're a little more confusing.)

Futanari are defined by their genitals and are usually fetish fuel. In stories, they're either born that way or they're made from cis women hit with a magic spell. (Sometimes they're transmigrated cis men, but that pretty much defeats the point.) They don't tend to struggle with gender issues because that's not what they're about.

On the other hand, trans people do not exist to be anyone's fetish. Their relationships with their bodies are complicated, varying by individual, and they face many challenges related to their gender, both internal and external.
And, despite cis society's disturbing obsession with trans people's genitals, they are most definitely not defined by them. Not to mention that trans people may undergo a selection of surgeries, so their bodies may not match your preconceived notions at all.

Honestly the trans BL stories just seem straight. There is a few whose artwork I like but otherwise it's like I am reading a straight or shoujo manga (a visual content, very less left to imagination). Sometimes it even feels like I am reading a manga aimed at men, or a yuri because the artwork is so... Girly.

???

Where are all these visual BL with trans men you're referencing? I went on a dedicated mission to find them not long ago and was lucky to find even one, at a stretch.
The only true BL with a transgender character I could find had him as a support character for the main pair.

Trans men and women should have a separate genre altogether, I don't see the point of considering that as a factor when the genre is clearly "BL" or "GL"

This makes no sense. Trans men are men and trans women are women, so they obviously come under the "B" and "G" here.

No matter what many straight folk want to believe, gay/bi/pan trans people aren't banished from the women-loving women and men-loving men communities. There are a huge number of trans lesbians and bi women in the sapphic community; I find it hard to imagine a version of it without them.
It's weirder to have BL and GL without trans people, honestly.

Trans people should be included in media representing queer love because that's what's real and natural. Equally, not everything involving them has to educate a cis audience or make their gender-based struggles the crux of their character.

Nyan_sempai

,✨ ILLUSTRATOR ✨
Looks like Scribble Hub stopped giving me notifications for this, so I'm behind on the "fun".

A futanari is a completely fictional type of "intersex" person where a character has the body of a cis woman with an added penis (and/or balls). They typically identify as women. An example can be found here (NSFW): https://mangadex.org/title/35451/futanari-no-elf

(There is the opposite, a reverse futanari, but they're a little more confusing.)

Futanari are defined by their genitals and are usually fetish fuel. In stories, they're either born that way or they're made from cis women hit with a magic spell. (Sometimes they're transmigrated cis men, but that pretty much defeats the point.) They don't tend to struggle with gender issues because that's not what they're about.

On the other hand, trans people do not exist to be anyone's fetish. Their relationships with their bodies are complicated, varying by individual, and they face many challenges related to their gender, both internal and external.
And, despite cis society's disturbing obsession with trans people's genitals, they are most definitely not defined by them. Not to mention that trans people may undergo a selection of surgeries, so their bodies may not match your preconceived notions at all.

???

Where are all these visual BL with trans men you're referencing? I went on a dedicated mission to find them not long ago and was lucky to find even one, at a stretch.
The only true BL with a transgender character I could find had him as a support character for the main pair.

This makes no sense. Trans men are men and trans women are women, so they obviously come under the "B" and "G" here.

No matter what many straight folk want to believe, gay/bi/pan trans people aren't banished from the women-loving women and men-loving men communities. There are a huge number of trans lesbians and bi women in the sapphic community; I find it hard to imagine a version of it without them.
It's weirder to have BL and GL without trans people, honestly.

Trans people should be included in media representing queer love because that's what's real and natural. Equally, not everything involving them has to educate a cis audience or make their gender-based struggles the crux of their character.
it makes less practical sense even if it makes moral sense. People tend read them because of their fetish, not because they walk with their lesbian friend in the lgbt pride walk or something usually.
will a yuri reader who is utterly against BL read a story of two transwomen? I don't think
You should read my other message, i don't mean any offense to trans community irl, i know what it is and what it encompasses, but sorry if it seemed like i confused trans with intersex, but in a practical sense, people may not like stories like that.
And by that logic there is not even a legit amount of stories have trans people. Its either a drag or joke or a passion.

I do no have any "preconcieved" notion, i don;t see any serious trans story out there. It's not my cup of tea either. I do not have any strong opinions on that. Unless there is truly a story which seriously focuses on trans issues.

also if we are really talking about that, then BL and GL should be the one and the same genre as well. The stories are more or less similar. less division and war between the communities which like the similar stuff.

But like i said i don't have any strong opinions on this matter, either way its fine. so i will take them down in case its offensive

So far BL or GL hasn't been that much helpful in "educating" me. Because rape and sexual harassment is a common and acceptable theme in BL it seems

Last edited: