Novel Statistics: Referrers

MarkedBites

So, I understand that views are not just for chapters, but also for the novel page itself.
What I want to know, is how the referrer thing works?

Mine are always these two, and usually the third one as well.
1621320251715.png

But what does this actually mean? Is it just showing me that people click on my chapters from my novel page? (With the second one being the 'read' button?)
But then that wouldn't make sense either. Since someone viewing the novel page itself counts as a view, shouldn't the top be stuff like the main page (when I update the novel) since that leads people to clicking onto the novel?
I could make a few guesses, but is there some concrete answer before I start trying to be a detective?

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
So, I understand that views are not just for chapters, but also for the novel page itself.
What I want to know, is how the referrer thing works?

Mine are always these two, and usually the third one as well.
View attachment 7810
But what does this actually mean? Is it just showing me that people click on my chapters from my novel page? (With the second one being the 'read' button?)
But then that wouldn't make sense either. Since someone viewing the novel page itself counts as a view, shouldn't the top be stuff like the main page (when I update the novel) since that leads people to clicking onto the novel?
I could make a few guesses, but is there some concrete answer before I start trying to be a detective?

Most views most likely come from NovelUpdates when you get featured. They then click on the chapters.

I highly doubt many use the front page unless you are trending or something.

MarkedBites

Most views most likely come from NovelUpdates when you get featured. They then click on the chapters.

I highly doubt many use the front page unless you are trending or something.
Irrelevant in my case, since I don't have any coming from novelupdates.
Doesn't answer my question either...

Snow2Reaper

You should take a look at the thread that Alice referenced and maybe ask Tony if you want a exact answer. Other than that I personally would say that it looks like it tells you were people are opening your chapters from and the read url would be the highest traffic as that is where you usually change chapters as you are reading.

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
Irrelevant in my case, since I don't have any coming from novelupdates.
Doesn't answer my question either...
When you post a new chapter, you show up on NovelUpdates under featured. That generates a ton more clicks than the front page does unless maybe you are trending.

To put it into perspective, according to Alexa, 47.8% of ScribbleHub traffic is from NovelUpdates.

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
When you post a new chapter, you show up on NovelUpdates under featured. That generates a ton more clicks than the front page does unless maybe you are trending.

To put it into perspective, according to Alexa, 47.8% of ScribbleHub traffic is from NovelUpdates.
NU traffic shows as NU anyway.