Recommendations Novel with "new game" kinda of mechanics?

Ramon54xg

Hello everyone, so the kinda of novel that I am looking for is really rare, I think that in the various years that I've been reading I just found a few like this.

First the MC dies then by some algorithm everything he did in his life is calculated, like how much money he earned, how famous he was, the number of woman he slept with, the number of friends, it could be anything and after being calculated he is given a x number of points.

He then can use those points to buy anything he wants in a shop, from attributes like strenght, intelligence, luck or charm, to skills (it could be a skill that directly gives him an ability or a skill that helps with growth like "genius swordman" where when training in swordmanship he will grow much faster) or even his background in the new world, from orphan to the son of a rich merchant, a prince etc..

This novel could be only in the new world he is going to or he could travel to others worlds in the future, with each time he obtaining more points and becoming more op.
I know that it's a very specific setting but I would really like to read a novel like this so if you know one please share with me.

Also if you are a writer and after reading this becomes inspired to write something like this please send me the link so that I can read, thanks ;)

Jemini

I actually saw a novel with something quite similar to this premise. It measured Karma and quantified it as points. Karma technically does go into all that stuff, although the way it was portrayed as including that stuff was more by implication for anyone who knows what Karma means. (Honestly though, I am not certain the author truly realized Karma was that level of deep, so that's more something for the reader to throw onto it.

Here's the link to the story.

I personally found it to be somewhat of an inspiring concept myself as well. I currently have plans to write something rather similar, I was struck by this concept to such a point where I want to write my own version. (I actually asked the author for permission to just continue his now discontinued series, but I unfortunately got no response, so I gotta make my own similar work from scratch instead. Kinda preoccupied with my current story for that at the moment though.)

Ramon54xg

I actually saw a novel with something quite similar to this premise. It measured Karma and quantified it as points. Karma technically does go into all that stuff, although the way it was portrayed as including that stuff was more by implication for anyone who knows what Karma means. (Honestly though, I am not certain the author truly realized Karma was that level of deep, so that's more something for the reader to throw onto it.

Here's the link to the story.

I personally found it to be somewhat of an inspiring concept myself as well. I currently have plans to write something rather similar, I was struck by this concept to such a point where I want to write my own version. (I actually asked the author for permission to just continue his now discontinued series, but I unfortunately got no response, so I gotta make my own similar work from scratch instead. Kinda preoccupied with my current story for that at the moment though.)
I have just read some of the novel you said and it really is similar to the concept I had said, I just wans't thinking so much in a "karma" thing but more of achievements in a game, as karma in my opinion would almost mean the MC is a good guy since to have a good karma you probably should be a good person.
But thanks anyway, I will read it, also if you ever write something likes this please share the link =)