Novels not updated

Sonneillor

I do not know if this has already been discussed but I would like to raise it again if so since I have seen something that could benefit many of the readers here.

I have been browsing since this page was created and I have always liked to look for new novels or if I miss one that is still in progress, but I have seen a growing accumulation of novels that have not been updated for a long time and that still carry the status of ongoing or directly novels that put in their title or synopsis HIATUS and are still ongoing.

With all this said I want to ask if it is possible that novels that have been in a certain time (Example: 3 months) without receiving an update are automatically placed in Hiatus and that it is easier to search and give more opportunity to novels that are still being published. It would also help to clean the lists with the hiatus tag for those who put it in a filter since many little and new authors only abandon their novel for various reasons and do not update their information.

Tony

Staff member
With all this said I want to ask if it is possible that novels that have been in a certain time (Example: 3 months) without receiving an update are automatically placed in Hiatus and that it is easier to search and give more opportunity to novels that are still being published.

This is already a thing and it's actually set to 3 months too

Sonneillor

This is already a thing and it's actually set to 3 months too

Ohhh great! Forget that I said something then. :blob_no:

Is that I was recently browsing the search engine and I noticed that, I just checked and most of the novels I saw were already going to be 3 months old. :blob_joy:

I am still asleep since I have night work and I am awake during the day and that makes me very stupid ... :blob_facepalm: For some reason I linked this with RR that is not implemented there and is very much needed. I think I'm going to go to sleep ... :blob_whistle:

Stratothrax

I think Royal Road has hiatus too no? I think it's 2-3 months like scribblehub though i'm not certain on that.

Sonneillor

I think Royal Road has hiatus too no? I think it's 2-3 months like scribblehub though i'm not certain on that.

Yes and no. It has it but honestly I don't know if this bug or something because many times I search and I get stories that its last update was more than a year ago. If you search there for Ongoing, sorted by last update, ascending, there. You will see that there are novels that were updated a long time ago, sometimes they appear sometimes not and so with other types of search.