Writing Prompt Novels that might make a good game

What kind of novels do you think will be a huge blast, if they make a video game adaptation? If you'd like, you could also describe its general gameplay.

I think The Strongest System could be a really funny game. Imagine stun-locking the boss for a minute with a brick, and beating it up.
It'd be nice to have a cultivation RPG that's not a mobile game, and actually stable. Tried Tale of Wuxia, and man I stopped since it's buggy as hell.

Or something like Re;Zero, where you get to control Subaru so he didn't fuck up.

I tried Konosuba's fangame, and it's pretty good. If they made an actual RPG, I'd play it.

I also like the VRMMO story - Leveling Up, by Only Eating. It's worth playing just for tasting the meals. Though not sure if I'd live long enough before these level of VR exist.

Godly Model Creator also have a good concept.

Well, that's all I could think of, right now.

LazyPanda

They do have some wuxia games available in Asia server but is not available in English or north America.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
A DND game where you customize a character in which where he/she is transported though and abilities are based on where your transported (I.E. Transported to either Isekai[game based abilities, magic leveling or spirit summoning specialization], Sci-fi[Futuristic or Galactic weapons and items, Psychic powers and other techy stuff], or cultivation worlds).

All characters will return to based mode as it is a MMORPG type and having different skill trees based on which world your transported into.

You'll be forced to join in an Allied Returnee Squad which was made to combat monsters that come out from dimensions based on each worlds people transported in and even encounter Monsters which combats a person's abilities(I.E. Anti-Cultivator Monsters, Psy-Destroyers, Superpower Absorbing Aliens and Anti-Magic Beasts).

There's also NPC's which having different quests like The Cultivator(From a Cultivation World), Man of God(Superhero World), Psy Master(Futuristic World), Rei(Magic World), and Niel(Original World, I.E. Normal Average Human).

The Planet earth had been mutated into a new world which people had access to powers and abilities that they can conjour. There's also people who doesn't have that and some even die due to the earth's mutation and normal humans dying from the changes.

Niel is an example of being a normal human(now nicknamed as Old Humans) as everyone can use abilities.

The adventure starts as you are one of the returnees who joined with Rei in returning to the world and discover the new changes around you. Meeting characters which formed the Returnee Alliance and a character who is just an Old Human.

Returnee's abilities are diverse yet having weaknesses to them(such as Cultivators having the weakest stats in the game but has a limitless growth and diverse skill tree, Isekai Returnees having low to mid stats but has a higher growth rate than cultivators, Futuristic Returnees having tech and psy trees also having mid to high stats but slower growth and finally Superpower Returnees having high stats but no growth rates or leveling system and needs to break their limits to get stronger). If not choosing Returnees, you can choose to be a Old human like Niel and learn from him, his skills. His backstory is that he is one of a few Old humans who isn't special and is just a weak guy but he had found a sword which can cut through anything. When playing Old Humans, you are weak and no special upgrades other than training(Physically) and no leveling system or breaking limits. But Niel is known to the world as the Strongest due to his weakness and determination to live. Old Humans play differently as they play like a hack and slash type and has no counters other than no special abilities or anything.

This is actually based on my novel so i dunno if this counts or not.

Better make a mountain high enough that its touching space, as everyone will try their dang hardest to climb it. Then put a raid boss on top of it, and you'll see people swarming to attempt it.

or it'd be something like this

A DND game where you customize a character in which where he/she is transported though and abilities are based on where your transported (I.E. Transported to either Isekai[game based abilities, magic leveling or spirit summoning specialization], Sci-fi[Futuristic or Galactic weapons and items, Psychic powers and other techy stuff], or cultivation worlds).

All characters will return to based mode as it is a MMORPG type and having different skill trees based on which world your transported into.

You'll be forced to join in an Allied Returnee Squad which was made to combat monsters that come out from dimensions based on each worlds people transported in and even encounter Monsters which combats a person's abilities(I.E. Anti-Cultivator Monsters, Psy-Destroyers, Superpower Absorbing Aliens and Anti-Magic Beasts).

There's also NPC's which having different quests like The Cultivator(From a Cultivation World), Man of God(Superhero World), Psy Master(Futuristic World), Rei(Magic World), and Niel(Original World, I.E. Normal Average Human).

The Planet earth had been mutated into a new world which people had access to powers and abilities that they can conjour. There's also people who doesn't have that and some even die due to the earth's mutation and normal humans dying from the changes.

Niel is an example of being a normal human(now nicknamed as Old Humans) as everyone can use abilities.

The adventure starts as you are one of the returnees who joined with Rei in returning to the world and discover the new changes around you. Meeting characters which formed the Returnee Alliance and a character who is just an Old Human.

Returnee's abilities are diverse yet having weaknesses to them(such as Cultivators having the weakest stats in the game but has a limitless growth and diverse skill tree, Isekai Returnees having low to mid stats but has a higher growth rate than cultivators, Futuristic Returnees having tech and psy trees also having mid to high stats but slower growth and finally Superpower Returnees having high stats but no growth rates or leveling system and needs to break their limits to get stronger). If not choosing Returnees, you can choose to be a Old human like Niel and learn from him, his skills. His backstory is that he is one of a few Old humans who isn't special and is just a weak guy but he had found a sword which can cut through anything. When playing Old Humans, you are weak and no special upgrades other than training(Physically) and no leveling system or breaking limits. But Niel is known to the world as the Strongest due to his weakness and determination to live. Old Humans play differently as they play like a hack and slash type and has no counters other than no special abilities or anything.

This is actually based on my novel so i dunno if this counts or not.

i think it can be a great game if you can progress in many ways and have a flexible meta.

as such, you can play as the race you like and the way you prefer, and it can be as effective as the others if you dedicate yourself to it.

...but yeah, balancing a game is easier said than done.

since it's a MMO, it's probably my own nitpick, but I don't like MMO with PK enabled. If people want to PvP, just let them have their own place, and let the casual players be. the less ways for toxic players to grief another, the better.

guild wars 2 has a pretty good system for this, and i tried it for a while. but my connection is too shit for my own comfort. so I stopped playing.

bigbear51

I'm guessing that people aren't going to consider dating/visual novel as games? Because otherwise, a lot of harem stories wouldn't really be that bad for that. I'd love to be able to make my own choices in case the author decides to go a different direction.

I'm guessing that people aren't going to consider dating/visual novel as games? Because otherwise, a lot of harem stories wouldn't really be that bad for that. I'd love to be able to make my own choices in case the author decides to go a different direction.

i think i've heard of several visual novel adaptations, but most of them were in JP. i remember there's one already TL'd to EN for DAL, it's titled Rio Reincarnation.

they're not as popular in the west, since the gamers didn't like reading that much iirc.

bigbear51

i think i've heard of several visual novel adaptations, but most of them were in JP. i remember there's one already TL'd to EN for DAL, it's titled Rio Reincarnation.

they're not as popular in the west, since the gamers didn't like reading that much iirc.

I think the lack of popularity is that a lot of those visual novels are pretty "fanservicey" to say the least, and a lot of gamers in the west are uncomfortable with that. And honestly, I'm fine if they don't like that. Unfortunately, it does lead to a lack of releases here from little demand.

I think the lack of popularity is that a lot of those visual novels are pretty "fanservicey" to say the least, and a lot of gamers in the west are uncomfortable with that. And honestly, I'm fine if they don't like that. Unfortunately, it does lead to a lack of releases here from little demand.

been there since long time ago, that's why my pals who love visual novels end up using translation machine like atlas+agth, or learn japanese themselves.

but since i'm too lazy, i'll just pick the TL'd ones that I'm interested in, or just write the story for myself.

klazy-labbit

the otome game reincarnation stories can be turned into a game where you play as the antagonist or villainess.....would be unique.