Recommendations Novels where FMC transmigrated and escaped from home

nani

It must have:
  • Female MC
  • Transmigrated in ancient times
  • Strong and level-headed
  • Escaped from home (whether or not her new family is good or bad to her) because she doesn't feel attachment to them
I'm also too tired of revenge novels where transmigrated MC faceslaps the relatives who bullied the original owner of the body. Like, the gains are not worth the efforts when she can ignore them all together. Best if they thought she was dead and she escaped, no thoughts of revenge, just focused on the new life.

Original thread from NU
I got curious about the thought and because there are almost no recommendations, I pasted it here.

Kldran

I've shared the frustration and general sentiment. So many stories have left me wondering: Why don't they just leave? Every now and then I'll get an exception that actually provides a reason to not leave, but much of the time it seems dumb.

Closest I've found is probably this story: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/fields-of-gold/

She has family she cares about and family she doesn't care about, and works to separate the two groups so they can finally live well and keep their own earnings. They don't exactly escape though since they all still live in the same village.

If I were to write a story like that, it'd probably end in three pages due to my writing style. :blob_sweat:
I did actually include a moment of that in a story I'm writing and the entire thing from figuring out their new circumstances to fleeing the house was one page in length. So I can't recommend it, and probably shouldn't try to write a story like that unless you want something super short.

Phantomheart

Cliff Hanger Player
The Satisfaction of 100 Lifetimes: Marigold’s Reincarnation
it is my own novel, but I think you might like it. MC is taken back to her original life after 100 transmigrations as cannon fodder. Having lived for so long she loses touch with her emotions besides rage and small moments of happiness with ML. She gives up her prior ideas of revenge and only hopes to make her own story through her life instead of being a minor character in someone else’s. She moves to her mothers duchy and takes up her title, and she cuts ties with her abusive/ neglectful family. There is some face slapping of MC telling her family how horrible they are. Otherwise she moves on and keeps some rare contact with them.