Nuance In Creative Commons

LWFlouisa

When people normally think of creative-commons, they might be thinking of CC-BY-SA. But I generally release my work under CC-BY-NC-ND. Would there be a way to have more granularity between these things?

Twitter isn't a spectacular platform anyway, but I've had to confront people twice for blatantly lifting content in my work, when the only thing I specifically allow is for fan-fiction.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
ion know, the CC tag's quite wide for the things it cover, best to just slap a warning sign before hand and hope the other folks are literate

0xReki

CC-0 is a CC licence, too. (Some countries don't have public domain, so CC-0 is the best replacement) I think this important to sort out before people get funny ideas.

On the more serious side, the lack of a link to the license text or even simply a deed makes it hard to know what CC license is actually meant.

LWFlouisa

CC-0 is a CC licence, too. (Some countries don't have public domain, so CC-0 is the best replacement) I think this important to sort out before people get funny ideas.

On the more serious side, the lack of a link to the license text or even simply a deed makes it hard to know what CC license is actually meant.

Yea I'll correct that right now:

https://creativecommons.org/choose/

Anyway, happy holidays!

0xReki

Oh, I also meant the current state of the page.

Three years late to the party, but yes, it seems like a good idea for this license option to specify a little further than just "Creative Commons".