Writing Prompt Nuclear/Radioactive Magical Girl!

• Thread starter Deleted member 26725
  • Start date

Jemini

Actually, that depends on what universe you're looking at. In the comic-book universe, it's still radioactive. In the movies, it's genetics.
Which era of comic books are you talking about? I haven't seen anything in the past 20 years that says radioactive for anything other than those 6.

EDIT: On the heroes side anyway. There are quite a few literally radioactive villains. Some of which even damage their surroundings with radiation-based powers.

EDIT 2: Also, I guess we will count Dr. Manhattan as a villain. He has actually played both roles, but I'll go with the villain definition for the sake of keeping this argument consistent.

Last edited:

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
Which era of comic books are you talking about? I haven't seen anything in the past 20 years that says radioactive for anything other than those 6.

EDIT: On the heroes side anyway. There are quite a few literally radioactive villains. Some of which even damage their surroundings with radiation-based powers.

EDIT 2: Also, I guess we will count Dr. Manhattan as a villain. He has actually played both roles, but I'll go with the villain definition for the sake of keeping this argument consistent.
Less than ten years ago, there's an issue where Peter gives himself extra radiation in order to poison someone trying to drain his powers. It's before the spider-verse stuff, but I don't remember the exact issue. There's also multiple mentions of someone else being bit by the same radioactive spider and gaining powers, which is explicitly stated to be RADIOACTIVE.

D

Deleted member 26725

I'll take a look at this, once I finish your yuri one
I have said that one didn’t need to be Yuri!
And, I’m not particularly looking for someone to make it…
So, sorry about that
I mean, if you want to go with a realistic interpretation of radiation, you're just stuck with a delusion girl fighting crime and cancer. There's not much to work with.
That would lead to the saddest Chuuni story ever!

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
Bitten by a radioactive bat, vampire magic girl wearing a more gothic style outfit? No clue why this idea popped into my head before I remembered that I saw this forum earlier today.

Jemini

Less than ten years ago, there's an issue where Peter gives himself extra radiation in order to poison someone trying to drain his powers. It's before the spider-verse stuff, but I don't remember the exact issue. There's also multiple mentions of someone else being bit by the same radioactive spider and gaining powers, which is explicitly stated to be RADIOACTIVE.

Interesting, but not the actual telling of the origin story though. I believe this means that this particular arc was made by someone who didn't get the memo about the fact the origin story changed.

TotallyHuman

It's good to be home.
Magical girl. It's in the name. MAGICAL girl.
Witch gets stuck in the radioactive power station, becomes nuclear witch, which is basically the same as witch but everything she does gets extra damage from radiation

Daitengu

I still remember the time Peter gave MJ cancer from his jizz.

There's no way to make a magic girl have a science origin like radiation. Though it's easy enough to say, give a girl cancer from radiation, and was offered to work as a magical girl to stave off death.

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
Interesting, but not the actual telling of the origin story though. I believe this means that this particular arc was made by someone who didn't get the memo about the fact the origin story changed.
I have been searching for a single goddamn hint in the comics of this and for the life of me cannot find anything in the main comics. No mention of retconning the spider, no mention of it being genetically modified, nothing. The best I can think of is The Ultimate Spider-Man, which isn't the main universe, but parts of it became canon in the main universe (not including the spider being genetically modified). Two years ago, I got really into the recent spider-man comics and read through a bunch of them. I think I should know this shit. Even checking the fan-wikis, there is no mention of it being ret-conned. IT'S RADIOACTIVE.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
Hmn.... Radioactive Magical Girls? I think I may have some of those in my encycopedia but considering how so many things have been researched and even retconned, I think that my old knowledge might had been scrapped at some point due to the tweaking.

Lets see..... *Opens Book*

I think I may have a few about this but they aren't given much power as an actual magical girls but I can write a origin story of two points.

Firstly, the pure scientific magical girl which should be born in Japan(Mostly because it had been seen to be hit by nukes in the past). A magical girl's generation is made due to the radioactive genetics passed from one point to another. As such, a magical girl could be born however its powers would solely be based on scientifical logic. For start, she can fly by using the chemicals she could excrete from her body(Like her foot could release a cemical formula for fuel and firestarter as trusters), her magic beams are made through heatrays that she can fire from her wand(something through heating a material from her wand), she radiates radioactive beams from her body and can change the chemicals through lethal and non-lethal attacks. I don't think she has the 'magical' flare since the magic I explain closely relates to science and being creative with her magic is needed a thorough research on the scientific field(more on chemistry). I do think she can be a magical girl but she'll be at most a dangerous threat than a hero in my case(you can make her a comedic point but it could be hard). On my point, it is possible to create a magical girl, just that she doesn't have tha magical aspect.

the second point is a mutation which in my case is also possible since we have an example(fantastic 4). However, it would mostly be a one trait skill which limits her 'magic' aspect as in the first one. Elemental magical girl is possible through her powers correlates to an element. Another is through chemical secretions she possesses, using a wand as a conduit to fire special beams that either paralyze her opponents, mutate her enviroment or even possible to be used as biogical healing tool of toxin if controlled well. As for this origin story, this would be most based on a special radioactive chemical, mixed with a genetical gene or element and its possible to create such a magical girl.

My point is that, while I think it is impossible to recreate a 'magical' girl, you can tweak her powers and the scientific powers she possesses that would be made to create a magical girl through radioactive or nuclear waste....

*Closes book*

I think I have given my point of view as I am currently thinking how the fck is my encyclopedia this thick and has a wide array of stories I actually don't know. So, please excuse me for I'll be booking a therapy for tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 26725

I remembered that in Powerpuff Girls Z, the origins of the girls’ magical powers were from the Chemical Z

PieCoNsUmEr

The Fisher Dragun
More radiation in transfer then substance, but here goes.

Milo didn’t want power, she didn’t want a pet made by her subconscious, hell she didn’t really want to live. She was already at terms in that alleyway, but due to the thought residue of some eldritch god, she became Vshtii, magical girl of “””illusions””” and sensations.