Of Reincarnator's romance

strayCat0

Other
This bothers me since a few days ago. So I'll ask here. We're familiar with reincarnation's trope (east asian pop fiction, not Indian one), so I'll not deal with technicality or explain it here.

Consider a case where a certain 30 yo person's got reincarnated into a baby and they grew into a healthy 15 yo teenager. And then there is you, who knows of this person's reincarnation. So you consider him as middle aged person fellow in mentallity. But here is the catch: On a certain day, your 15 yo daughter brought her boyfriend to your home, and her boyfriend is the reincarnator. What would you think of it? Will you allow their romance, or do whatever it takes to separate them?

Then there is a second case. Here, you're the reincarnator. It's kind of similar as above case. You've now grown up into a healthy 15 yo teenager. You're sexually depraved because growing up as a baby, child, then finally teenager is boring. So you're desperate to get some lover or simply a bedfellow. Do you have any qualm to date a teenager, the same physical age as yours? Or will you look for older person? Or will you become a voluntary celibate?

Topgun1908

This bothers me since a few days ago. So I'll ask here. We're familiar with reincarnation's trope (east asian pop fiction, not Indian one), so I'll not deal with technicality or explain it here.

Consider a case where a certain 30 yo person's got reincarnated into a baby and they grew into a healthy 15 yo teenager. And then there is you, who knows of this person's reincarnation. So you consider him as middle aged person fellow in mentallity. But here is the catch: On a certain day, your 15 yo daughter brought her boyfriend to your home, and her boyfriend is the reincarnator. What would you think of it? Will you allow their romance, or do whatever it takes to separate them?

Then there is a second case. Here, you're the reincarnator. It's kind of similar as above case. You've now grown up into a healthy 15 yo teenager. You're sexually depraved because growing up as a baby, child, then finally teenager is boring. So you're desperate to get some lover or simply a bedfellow. Do you have any qualm to date a teenager, the same physical age as yours? Or will you look for older person? Or will you become a voluntary celibate?
My view on the thing is that teenager is probably a bit too young but if both were in their twenties it's perfectly fine. We have girls around 25 dating old rich men in real life after all. My own parents have a gap of 15 years between their ages. Since you don't really mentally mature after a certain age I couldn't care less as long as both people are past that age.

Lorelliad

If you love me, tie my hair 🎵
For the first question, sure. If they love each other and the reincarnator doesn't go around making harems, then fine.

LordJoyde

I would not allow it so easily since knowing how people from this world are, I will have severe doubts that my daughter won't be cheated on or worse, turned into a willing harem member.

On the other hand, I would have no problems in being the teen myself. New flesh, new pleasures, as I'd like to say. Nothing wrong with it, you're just mentally older and hopefully more mature than others your age. If anything, use that to your advantage and live a full life! No one can possibly fault you for that.

Kenjona

I am of the Hypocritical faction: If I know they have the memories of someone so much older than my 15 year old. Nope, reincarnator you may wait 3 years when my daughter has potentially matured enough to handle an adult.

If I was the reincarnator, depends. If I know people know I am a reincarnator, then nope not showing up at anyone's door under the age of 18. If no one knows, well time to reexperience teenage angst and drama.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
To be fair, no one but you knows that mentally the reincarnator is old af. Everyone else just cares about PHYSICALLY.

Would I allow my daughter getting along a reincarnator? Only with promise that he will give her a good life and with the extra years under his belt, he better be doing so.

If it is me, I would have enacted the shota style way before 15 and get oneesans arrested.

Kenjona

Mind you I would prefer to be with an older person, but that is harder to arrange. But yes I would also try and be a Shota. Hell I was a shota. The 70's were interesting. Dangerous if you were not careful but interesting. Also do not get oneesans arrested, they network and you want to keep the oneesans coming.

CheertheDead

The narcissist and Attention Whore :>
I will quote a story of someone I know.

“Grandpa. Why don’t you join the annual elderly convention? You could find a lot of friends there.”
His 100 year old grandpa “As if I would become friend with those 70s year old brats.”

Last edited:

Hellothere_1

I would say it very much depends on the execution.

As an author you can make reincarnation romance a lot less creepy by just not giving the reincarnator the full emotional maturity of an adult.

Instead of just having the older person completely overwrite the reincarnation target, just go with "their souls merged together" or "they suddenly remember their own memories from their past/future life", or "only part of their personality actually came over".

That way you get a teenager who can fulfill all the major reincarnation tropes, but still acts and feels as a teenager and who can date other teenagers without being creepy.

If the reincarnator is written as a fully mature adult in a child's body and uses that advantage to manipulate less mature teenagers around them it can very quickly make a story feel extremely uncomfortable once you add in romance.
There are in fact several stories which I dropped in the past because of precisely that.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme

Either that reincarnator is the same as any other horny teen cuz sex deprived for years, in which case it doesn't matter cuz, of course, he the same as other teens. Or he mature enough to take better care of her than other boys and I can therefore breathe easier
34420ae500ef03bb83c64da03a0b5cde2fc5cf3585a933faceae115f7f59e4a6_1.jpg

ForestDweller

My MC is a perv so he won't care about age at all. :s_wink:

Though his harem so far only consists of girls older than him. :s_wink:

LynaForge

If that was my teenager this old dude's dating and I knew, young body or no, I'd be paying his knees a visit with a baseball bat.

Jemini

In the 2nd case, the incredible ease with which I would be able to choose "voluntary celibate" to the point it would be my go-to and practically only thing I would think of before ever even considering the other 2 is part of the reason I've recently started to wonder if I may be asexual in my sexuality.

Echimera

This depends on a lot of factors we don't know. And given the lack of factual evidence to reincarnation, I doubt we'd ever get to test these factors.
We don't know how much the younger body influences the emotional maturity of the reincarnator.
We don't know how big the influence of growing up a second time is.

From the other perspective, given that it's usually from a moderns setting into some fantasy middle ages setting, where at least for nobles, girls might just get married off to ensure political alliances and this can often involve a similar age difference.
Honestly, the 'older than he looks' reincarnator might be the better choice over the political marriage where the girl may end up as a slave in all but name.

Overall, both the details of how reincarnation works in the setting and the societal rules and norms play a huge role and make it basically impossible to make blanket statements.

Lloyd

Professional Writer

If it is a medieval fantasy world you get a lot of leeway here. The age of consent was like 10 before feminism. But at the same time dating didn't really exist back then either. So basically as long as you marry that 15 year old then morally you are good to go.

tounokenja

Gyaru connoisseur
Need to purge everyone not a millennial or older for some of these answers.
Age is just a number... Maturity is maturity no matter the age.
15 is fine as long as her dad is in the room to give you a high five.
Onee-sans? Yes please, I'll take two.

ConansWitchBaby

Da Scalie Whisperer
I would open my arms in embrace while saying, "my boy!" Hug him and proceed to use that opportunity to snap his neck.

Sure, age is just a number. That number is compounded on someone who has not only been humiliated throughout a second life but, also is going through puberty again. That means months of not being able to do anything. Years of being disregarded as an imbecilic child no matter what comes out of their mouth. I would be wary if they didn't develop any type of mental trauma from it all. So, wouldn't take my chances at all. After all, given this scenario, I know.

Even without that being an issue the other problem is "pop fiction" from the OP. That means primitive population with low medical knowledge. Unless the reincarnator specializes in healing off the get go the stories shove a healer well past the time where a major event happens. I probably wouldn't know of the reincarnator and their life events up until then. There would be a higher-than-average chance that my kid would be that tipping point from a pregnancy.

As for me? I know prostitutes exists and I can get the gods to lick me clean by tossing a silver coin into one of their temples.

SilvCrimBlac

A Historical Bastard
Either that reincarnator is the same as any other horny teen cuz sex deprived for years, in which case it doesn't matter cuz, of course, he the same as other teens. Or he mature enough to take better care of her than other boys and I can therefore breathe easier

View attachment 11771

Dammit Cup. You got me.

Anyway, I don't know how I would respond if I was the father and knew the other guy was the reincarnator. Since I know I'd be a terrible parent, I doubt I'd be in this situation.

If I was the reincarnator? Fuck yeah. Game on!!!

Does that make me a hypocrite? Yep. Do I care? Nope. Bite me.
Need to purge everyone not a millennial or older for some of these answers.
Age is just a number... Maturity is maturity no matter the age.
15 is fine as long as her dad is in the room to give you a high five.
Onee-sans? Yes please, I'll take two.
Another hero in the making.
If it is a medieval fantasy world you get a lot of leeway here. The age of consent was like 10 before feminism. But at the same time dating didn't really exist back then either. So basically as long as you marry that 15 year old then morally you are good to go.
The common age for accepted adulthood and for marriage was 13 for women and 15 for men in the Middle Ages.
I would open my arms in embrace while saying, "my boy!" Hug him and proceed to use that opportunity to snap his neck.

Sure, age is just a number. That number is compounded on someone who has not only been humiliated throughout a second life but, also is going through puberty again. That means months of not being able to do anything. Years of being disregarded as an imbecilic child no matter what comes out of their mouth. I would be wary if they didn't develop any type of mental trauma from it all. So, wouldn't take my chances at all. After all, given this scenario, I know.

Even without that being an issue the other problem is "pop fiction" from the OP. That means primitive population with low medical knowledge. Unless the reincarnator specializes in healing off the get go the stories shove a healer well past the time where a major event happens. I probably wouldn't know of the reincarnator and their life events up until then. There would be a higher-than-average chance that my kid would be that tipping point from a pregnancy.

As for me? I know prostitutes exists and I can get the gods to lick me clean by tossing a silver coin into one of their temples.
Age is always a number when it's an older woman and younger man, but holy shit if its reversed. Watch the crowd lose their fucking minds!!! Watch the world be drowned FBI memes and "reeeee's".