Okay, just a quick question

Alienix

Im a simple man. Published japan web novels. I dunt care if my understanding is wrong.

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
What do you think makes a Light Novel a light novel?

As mentioned, a light novel is simply a published novel. The only difference between a light novel and a regular novel is light novels are usually shorter and aimed at teenagers.

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased
tmyk.gif

CL

That is a good question.
As mentioned, a light novel is simply a published novel. The only difference between a light novel and a regular novel is light novels are usually shorter and aimed at teenagers.
I like that the target audience helps identify what it is, but how short is considered "short" towards a novel for it to be considered a light novel? In comparison, this is like identifying the difference between a comic album and a graphic novel.

D

Deleted member 29316

That is a good question.

I like that the target audience helps identify what it is, but how short is considered "short" towards a novel for it to be considered a light novel? In comparison, this is like identifying the difference between a comic album and a graphic novel.
According to Wikipedia, an average length of a LN is around 50k words, while another author (Melissa Wong) says that it's 20k words. Novels' average count are around 60k-100k words.

Meanwhile, a graphic novel is a novel in comic form whereas a comic album is a compilation of comic strips.

Also this might help...
images.png

• Love
Reactions: CL