Old Jaded MC's

JayDirex

Oh hey, my first story to the site has such a main character! Ex Isekai protagonist who's seen it all but works to rescue new protagonists from shitty situations.
That's a cool concept. Mentoring new protagonists ☺️
I do it all the time.

Have you been watching Big Trouble in Little China?
Jack Burton is an American hero! 🤣

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Mine is somewhere in-between. She's 25 and still hopeful about certain things but jaded about others.

ConansWitchBaby

Da Scalie Whisperer
If it's isekai, a fair amount are 30+ with the dying at 15 and living again until 15.

I've only seen one story with someone who was old and jaded on this site and it was dropped before it even began. Something about a huntsman going through a heavenly trial. He hated everything but went about doing things almost mechanically do to his experience.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
In our stories we all write, relatively young MC's full of hope and promise. Hell, most of mine are in high school or barely out. But Gawd-damnit. How come we don't write about 35 year-old, jaded, jerk MC's who've seen some shyte? :blob_reach: :biggrin_s:
OOF!
I'm half a century, dude.
And as for my MCs. Actually, they are all in their 30's. HKN, 38 and just getting out of the army after 20 years, and FTS is 32 and a herbivore male worker drone from Tokyo. The Quonset Manager is an insane old man running around an island after the world froze. Man, I should post up Tales From The Trenches. That is the definition of "seeing some shyte."