Old question

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I agree with that, I also like the page how it is right now; though I think people are paranoid over trending. If I were Tony I wouldn't change a thing after improving the algorithm because some people believe the system isn't fair. So I don't think this threads help at all, we can however, post on feature request a hall of fame and similar things.
Honestly, even if you never reach trending, you can still get a decent amount of views just by uploading regularly and having a catchy cover/title. The front page of Scribbly is plenty of advertising alright.

Trending is just the most advertised part of it.

Nanakawaichan

Found it under the other tabs, except for rising. Seems that the latter has probably some kind of hidden time factor.
I also don't understand the trending algorithm but for rising list, does not mean that you have to beat other authors, but you have to beat yourself.

I checked the statistic.
Day 1= 3,5k and Day 2= 4,4k. It's a good start but also a high standard to beat up.
When you release your story, they placed your story in the front page. You will easily to get readers and views but the battle just begin after your story get down from there. Your challenge is you have to beat up that previous number of view to get in the rising. That's why they called it 'rising' list because you get better view/readers/favourite compared the first time you upload it. The higher the difference, the better. Gudluck.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
I also don't understand the trending algorithm but for rising list, does not mean that you have to beat other authors, but you have to beat yourself.

I checked the statistic.
Day 1= 3,5k and Day 2= 4,4k. It's a good start but also a high standard to beat up.
When you release your story, they placed your story in the front page. You will easily to get readers and views but the battle just begin after your story get down from there. Your challenge is you have to beat up that previous number of view to get in the rising. That's why they called it 'rising' list because you get better view/readers/favourite compared the first time you upload it. The higher the difference, the better. Gudluck.

As said, it is not my story. It is a story of a friend. But such a formula would be self-defeating as growth is not exponential, and we all know that.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
if it's a problem of exposure just put a "Read A Random Series" button right on the forefront of the page. not only would tiny series get a shot but Tony could program it so that series that are recently updated or completed gets a higher priority than the others, to avoid obsolete or discontinued series getting chosen.

ChronicleCrawler

♠ItCrawls♠
if it's a problem of exposure just put a "Read A Random Series" button right on the forefront of the page. not only would tiny series get a shot but Tony could program it so that series that are recently updated or completed gets a higher priority than the others, to avoid obsolete or discontinued series getting chosen.
This sounds plausible:blob_hmm:

AliceShiki

Tony-chan added a random button to NU a while back, so I guess it will eventually be added to Scribbly too~

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
My friend was curious and pointed me to this thread, but since I've been starting to wonder why I'm not trending. I was yesterday but not today. Not on any page. Before, I was #4, then it reset, and I was #11, and after that today, with several successful releases yesterday and this morning, I'm nowhere to be found. It's a nice trend up I have. I was happy to at least be #11. Today I'm nowhere to be found in Rising, which is what gives people the most validation and attention. I just don't understand it, even with what people have said already. :blob_blank: :blob_dizzy: :blob_pat_sad:

Moctemma

Learning about this writing stuff
My friend was curious and pointed me to this thread, but since I've been starting to wonder why I'm not trending. I was yesterday but not today. Not on any page. Before, I was #4, then it reset, and I was #11, and after that today, with several successful releases yesterday and this morning, I'm nowhere to be found. It's a nice trend up I have. I was happy to at least be #11. Today I'm nowhere to be found in Rising, which is what gives people the most validation and attention. I just don't understand it, even with what people have said already. :blob_blank: :blob_dizzy: :blob_pat_sad:
Look at your statistics, if your visits aren't growing, you won't appear (connect the top of the curves, if it's going down you are not "rising"). Also it's a day yes, a day no.

AliceShiki

As said before, nobody knows how Trending works atm, so... Just keep releasing and don't worry about it.

Moctemma

Learning about this writing stuff
I forgot, there's other parameters aside from views that are more relevant, like readers; so if your readers, favorites and comments increase, you're likely to appear on trending, even though your views dropped.