OMORI

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
It sounds a little too late to play the game... considering that I've heard of it since 2020. It doesn't matter really. Time is gold. Nothing I try is useless. Phew, it reminds me... it's been a month since I've been playing some games. My enthusiasm has reached rock bottom and life has started to shape itself into a horrific state. Somehow, I feel like all I ever do is stare at the sky... but, enough about me.

I don't usually play horror games... but somehow, I end up playing them for no reason. After finishing Omori, I'm confident enough to say that it is one of the well-crafted psychological horror games that I've played. It is nostalgic... really. Accepting something harsh or forgiving myself... playing with friends until we all grew up and had to do our own business... facing your fears... and a lot of things. As I progressed through the game, I realized that Omori captured my heart for a second.

It also improved my perspective and truly depressed me. It is really disturbing, but I am pretty much desensitized, so I got through it fine. The soundtracks were really catchy and lit... Sweetheart's soundtrack is my number one, following Perfectheart's soundtrack. Heh. They're really good.

Omori somehow confusingly starts the game with bright and colorful backgrounds. Really friendly-looking. It really makes you think that it isn't a horror game. Especially when you're grinding... doing sidequests... finding keys, and looking at a mirror... umm... well, those make disturbing jumpscares sometimes.

And of course, the game mechanic is pretty solid and original. It is a speed-based order and relies on emotions and follow-up attacks. The game isn't really hard, so don't sweat about the mechanics... maybe that's just me.

If you're finally at the horror part... just... well, continue moving forward. It is just a game, right? It isn't like the monsters are scripted to come out of your computers or anything... haha.... ha...

In any case, I recommend OMORI to anyone else... that's okay with the warnings and can handle horror. I can't really say most things regarding the game, the game should be yours to explore. It is pretty deep, really psychological... disturbing, and something you can play at 3 AM. I mean, where's the fun if you can't get scared over a horror game? It is not like you're forcing yourself to play the game, right? Hiding in the blankets and turning the lights on while you look behind frequently... you don't do that, do you? Ah well, whatever.

OMORI is a masterpiece, you'll definitely feel the same once you play the game.

hyperkvlt

Lowkey Game Developer
Oh, it's been awhile since I played it, and added bunch of mods from mod pack, love the tag voice. Really one wonderful games, and cool battle soundtracks especially for sweet heart battle music, I hate her but her music made me purposely dragged the battle so long I got to kiss the gameover screen for the first time.

The thing is I never get to finish the game. Well, I kinda pirated it and got my laptop having bluescreen for a few time. At the time I had just started learning about game development so it must be some sort of a warn to me to stop being a petty pirate.... At least to an extend. On that note, I stopped when Basil was drown in the river. Good luck at surviving, Basil!

I was thinking about purchasing it for real but I never had much of time to play lately as the college got too ridiculous by throwing lots of random things that kinda useless for me. I thought about quitting but I kinda moched the scholarship, so I got no choice but too keep up at least until graduation. Well, wish me luck!

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
You have been living here for as long as you can remember.
Welcome to White Space.

Oh, it's been awhile since I played it, and added bunch of mods from mod pack, love the tag voice. Really one wonderful games, and cool battle soundtracks especially for sweet heart battle music, I hate her but her music made me purposely dragged the battle so long I got to kiss the gameover screen for the first time.

The thing is I never get to finish the game. Well, I kinda pirated it and got my laptop having bluescreen for a few time. At the time I had just started learning about game development so it must be some sort of a warn to me to stop being a petty pirate.... At least to an extend. On that note, I stopped when Basil was drown in the river. Good luck at surviving, Basil!

I was thinking about purchasing it for real but I never had much of time to play lately as the college got too ridiculous by throwing lots of random things that kinda useless for me. I thought about quitting but I kinda moched the scholarship, so I got no choice but too keep up at least until graduation. Well, wish me luck!
Speaking of blue screens, I've experienced it a few weeks ago. Most options never came to fruition, but one did and that was safe rebooting my PC or doing 'safe mode'. I wanted to understand more of the cause but I never found it... or maybe I never understood. Most blue screens come when there is a problem within the computer, or an update got corrupted... but that's all I know.

So, you lasted where Basil drowned, huh? Heh. Make sure you really finish the game for the second time. And wish you luck.

hyperkvlt

Lowkey Game Developer
Speaking of blue screens, I've experienced it a few weeks ago. Most options never came to fruition, but one did and that was safe rebooting my PC or doing 'safe mode'. I wanted to understand more of the cause but I never found it... or maybe I never understood. Most blue screens come when there is a problem within the computer, or an update got corrupted... but that's all I know.

So, you lasted where Basil drowned, huh? Heh. Make sure you really finish the game for the second time. And wish you luck.
Yeah, I will, and thanks!

Basil should wait patiently under the water. He won't die if I leave him for so long, right? :blob_hide:

And speaking of bluescreen. The main cause is mostly missing or corrupt files in the window or important system folder. So, yeah, improper windows update is one of the most common cause for bluescreen also one of way to fix it. Never shutting down your device while it's restarting after update or when it's trying to fix your disk or something.

Another cause is either malware or virus that delete or corrupt files in your system. It seemed to be the cause of my last bluescreen as my apps keep behaving strangely and keep getting missing files. In the end I was forced to reinstall windows because I was stuck in the homescreen losing all icons.

And the last cause is broken disk that keep missing file, and if these missing files happened to be in the system. Then, you're doomed. Gotta buy a new disk asap!

Last edited:

Derin_Edala

I just finished this. I don't think it's as horrifying as people make it out to be, I was never more than mildly creeped out by a couple of scenes and I'm very sensitive to horror, so I don't think it requires that much caution. It's a fantastic game. Very nicely crafted story, great mood, does that thing where stuff that seems silly and fun early on comes back to punch you in the heart later.

hyperkvlt

Lowkey Game Developer
I just finished this. I don't think it's as horrifying as people make it out to be, I was never more than mildly creeped out by a couple of scenes and I'm very sensitive to horror, so I don't think it requires that much caution. It's a fantastic game. Very nicely crafted story, great mood, does that thing where stuff that seems silly and fun early on comes back to punch you in the heart later.
Well, Omori was more of psychological + drama with cute character interactions. And instead of being scared, I was more of thrilled with what's going to happen.:blob_aww:

That, or maybe i am just mildy psychopath? :blobspearpeek: