On 1-10 how can you rate LoL and why?

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
0 because I can't stand the gameplay or the community in any way. The graphics are good and the lore is okay but between the gameplay and community, neither of those things matter to me. I can enjoy a game with bad graphics with bad or no lore but if the game isn't enjoyable then I don't want to play it. The fanbase doesn't help as it's so toxic that I wouldn't want to touch it with a 50-meter pole.

EternalSunset0

0. Literally.

The community get's talked a lot, but the developers and the game design are utter garbage. I played back in season 4 and 5 and was quite highly ranked. And I remember the day Riot hired the Blizzard dev to run the game. Some guy who almost ruined Wow. A few people sounded the alarm then, and what happened since was. . . absolutely horrendous.

Basically, Lol transformed into this weird Frankenstein's monster of spread sheets and people who hate video games. The developers don't like the game and they have no concept of what fun is. Everything is just numbers on a spread sheet. There's this weird abortion of a philosophy where if the game is balanced, it's a good game.

Rock paper scissors is balanced, it's not a good game.

The game designers are almost run by the marketing team to the point where I don't think even care about the game itself. Everything is about E-sports. Release new champions that can make big plays; "five second clips on youtube and twitter are how we're popular." Any concept of longevity and fun and real balance are out the window. As long as you can create the veneer of popularity, you have a marketable product.

And the funny thing is, is that it has worked to some degree. The player base is down and the game is a pariah, but it still exists and makes money on that prestige of being Lol. It would have been easier just to make a game people wanted to play, but their cynical mass marketing, "play us because we're popular" corporatism has worked.

Games have this weird quality where you need a lot of people to attract people, so it's in that weird self sustaining phase where people put up with it, but I don't think there are many people who genuinely love, let alone like, Lol.
Someone finally elaborated it in a way I can't when it comes to my general frustrations with the game. I started around season 2, and I did notice the shift around seasons 5 to 6 or so where new champions just started getting too flashy and overloaded for their own good.

And everything started being so "big flashy play-centric" and meta this, meta that even in more casual games. Or maybe not meta this, meta that, but I certainly felt how "numbers on a spreadsheet" the game, the presentation, and the community had become.

I remember League being a colorful world of interesting characters, and I spent hours reading stuff like the champion reflection short stories and the journal of justice, but somehow, that "bright, explorative" stage of me died somewhere around that era for some reason. It also started around the time they did the major art shift to resemble Dota more with the darker palettes and such. Turns out they got someone from Blizzard on board.

Ironically, around 2017 or so is when I reached my peak rank. It was the only season I hit Diamond (prolly because I play enchanters and that was around the Ardent meta if you were still around)

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
Someone finally elaborated it in a way I can't when it comes to my general frustrations with the game. I started around season 2, and I did notice the shift around seasons 5 to 6 or so where new champions just started getting too flashy and overloaded for their own good.

And everything started being so "big flashy play-centric" and meta this, meta that even in more casual games. Or maybe not meta this, meta that, but I certainly felt how "numbers on a spreadsheet" the game, the presentation, and the community had become.

I remember League being a colorful world of interesting characters, and I spent hours reading stuff like the champion reflection short stories and the journal of justice, but somehow, that "bright, explorative" stage of me died somewhere around that era for some reason. It also started around the time they did the major art shift to resemble Dota more with the darker palettes and such. Turns out they got someone from Blizzard on board.

Ironically, around 2017 or so is when I reached my peak rank. It was the only season I hit Diamond (prolly because I play enchanters and that was around the Ardent meta if you were still around)
I had peaced out long before 2017. I got super casual around 2015 and pretty much quit all together in 2016. I hit diamond in '13/'14 playing poppy top. I could play other champs but I preferred poppy and that's what I was known for.

Which brings me to a more personal point of frustration I didn't bother mention. The developers really got weirdly dismissive of their player base. "We have to delete poppy from the game because it's bad for the game health." Her ult is too unbalanced. Okay. I can live with that I guess. I don't want to play the game any more, but I get it. But then we're going to reinstate her ult and give it to Morde. Same thing with Nid and Zoe. And then you have the blatant power scaling going on on top of that. By 2015,old poppy was getting to be unplayable just on the sheer amount of mobility coming out. Gnar was the death knell for poppy top lane. (Which is why I famously invented Poppy jungle. Yes really, that was me. Which ironically is what ended up getting her deleted from the game entirely).

So really, you didn't delete the person I loved playing for any balance reason. That was a lie.

owotrucked

Isekai express delivery

Amok

grblbrbl
never played but watched Arcane animated series, is good.

D

Deleted member 70892

Me? Probably 7/10. I'm not really into this kind of game. Also, Riot Studio makes better animations than the game lmao.
never played but watched Arcane animated series, is good.
yeah, told ya it is better than the game, Riot should be focused on animations.
0-10, just don't play it. It ruined your life.
O-okay?