One Hundred Chapters - Fifteen Readers

JayDirex

I have the utmost love and respect for those Authors up here that have few if any readers, yet they post their chapters on schedule. And I mean post for a long time.

You can see it. And I'm not talking about the people who post their whole novel in one day. I mean the consistent weekly Author who posts his/her chapter, with like 10 readers and yet he/she keeps writing that story and has close to or surpassed 100 chapters and they are still posting. Knowing only 10 folks have even looked at the chapter.

You, Author-san who does that, are so freaking awesome to me!! BECAUSE I WILL STOP WRITING A STORY IN A FKN HEARTBEAT! if less than 30 people view a new chapter (not the same day, I mean if I leave it up there for a week and less than 30 people look at. Yeah, that story is getting deleted.)

We all write for different reasons. And of course we all write for ourselves. But you'd be a lying Sack Of Shait if you flat out state you don't care about readers. Because if you didn't you wouldn't be here.

It's just some Authors have a higher tolerance for low reader counts. And those Authors are amazing to me. :blob_reach: :love:

Last edited:

doravg

103/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
Readers? Meh, they come and go. But I write, so I can turn my books into audiobooks and listen to them myself. The only reader who I care about is myself. The only input, mine. Which is why I deleted my RR account when people didn't stop complaining of an arc I put a lot of thought in which drove the story to its end.

I was never popular in school, so I never craved the attention. Besides, I am an introvert. Sure, I can write on a forum just fine, but put me before a person and I will think about going home to the safety of my room. So, you may call me a
a lying Sack Of Shait
but the truth is that the only reason I share my stories is that I believe that a story not shared is a story not written. That story is just a collection of words. With no spirit behind it.

D

Deleted member 54065

I have the utmost love and respect for those Authors up here that have few if any readers, yet they post their chapters on schedule. And I mean post for a long time.

You can see it. And I'm not talking about the people who post their whole novel in one day. I mean the consistent weekly Author who posts his/her chapter, with like 10 readers and yet he/she keeps writing that story and has close to or surpassed 100 chapters and they are still posting. Knowing only 10 folks have even looked at the chapter.

You, Author-san who does that, are so freaking awesome to me!! BECAUSE I WILL STOP WRITING A STORY IN A FKN HEARTBEAT! if less than 30 people view a new chapter (not the same day, I mean if I leave it up there for a week and less than 30 people look at. Yeah, that story is getting deleted.)

We all write for different reasons. And of course we all write for ourselves. But you'd be a lying Sack Of Shait if you flat out state you don't care about readers. Because if you didn't you wouldn't be here.

It's just some Authors have a higher tolerance for low reader counts. And those Authors are amazing to me. :blob_reach: :love:

PS: A thousand years ago, I posted my first chapters of a story on Royal Road. That week I gained 18 readers. I was sooo happy. I wrote that story for those 18 readers. By the time I was done, I had 86 readers ^_^

the story is still up: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/2694/assassin-type-the-rifle-girl--rica-reyes
I don't expect much from my work, even in popularity. What I can't achieve in popularity, though, I try with hard-work and 'love' for my craft.

I only got maybe two or five readers on average, but I'm happy they get to enjoy the hard work I put off for my work.

Screenshot_20220426_234308_com.android.chrome.jpg

Topgun1908

I like seeing the reader and view count rise but otherwise it doesn't mean much to me. Nobody really comments on my stories so aside from the numbers I get no perspective of how many people are actually reading my book. Besides I write because I'm bored and do it to pass time over anything else so even if nobody read my stories I'd probly continue to write.
I may stop uploading the books to the site but I'd probly still write the chapters because I'm genuinely curious what will happen in my stories since entire chapters or arcs can be changed drastically if my mood is different than when I first came up with the idea or roughdraft.

Erivva

Basically if your work doesn’t get readers it either means it’s bad and you gotta work on it, or it’s boring or you weren’t even giving a chance

JayDirex

Nobody really comments on my stories (I know all about that :cry:) so aside from the numbers I get no perspective of how many people are actually reading my book. Besides I write because I'm bored and do it to pass time over anything else so even if nobody read my stories I'd probly continue to write.
We're Kindred spirits.

However, like I said. If I see the individual chapter numbers go too far down, I'll conclude that it's not a good enough story. So I'll write a different one to pass the boredom ^_^
Basically if your work doesn’t get readers it either means it’s bad and you gotta work on it, or it’s boring or you weren’t even giving a chance
Yes and no. Don't forget that this site has a particular reader base, so folks can write beautiful work, but if it's not in a popular genre up here, it could garner few if any readers.

The Mad Lads are the ones who write it anyway.

ConansWitchBaby

Da Scalie Whisperer
Pretty sure I'm the only one reading this one guys story and he posts every week too. Gave him a review yesterday and hoping it helps get new people to click on it. You guys have my utmost respect.

Edit: It's called The Chrome Hoard. It's on this site.

Last edited:

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
I do like seeing readership go up because it feeds my ego, but at the same time I am mostly writing for myself on here. I think most author's have to write for themselves. With that said I don't have a single chapter with less than 100 views...

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
If I only have one dedicated reader then I'll post, for them. No readers at all would be shit but one... I do it all for you!
I used to be the same on fanfic. I had a fan following of like three. I loved their comments and that they loved the stories. 2 or 3 engaged and dedicated fans is better than 100 silent readers, to me anyway.
The kind of losers who badger and harass an author for not writing the exact thing they want to read, need to get a life.