Op mc reincarnates into the future and is no longer op

RootBeerBert

Was definitely popular growing up
You know that trope in Jp novels and manga where the Mc is some overpowered being who is bored and reincarnates into the future where, because of some secret mustache twisting evil organization, the standards of strength have decreased and the Mc is even more op. What if the reverse happens? Like the Mc’s plan is successful and they’re no longer so op but instead like high level but not the strongest and isn’t bored anymore? I was wondering if there was a story like that, or if some author planned on writing something similar, because it’d be cool to read something like that.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
... forgive me, but the first thing I thought of is the typical xianxia BS where they work themselves back to being OP again.

Also, I recall an Original Work that is english in Webnovel focused on the joke, the MC is OP in xianxialand and reincarnated into the future, only to find all of his old techniques are shit because technology marches on.

Avidya

... forgive me, but the first thing I thought of is the typical xianxia BS where they work themselves back to being OP again.

Also, I recall an Original Work that is english in Webnovel focused on the joke, the MC is OP in xianxialand and reincarnated into the future, only to find all of his old techniques are shit because technology marches on.
I'm just imagining them attempting to fight and the dude pulls out a Glock. A loud bang and he has a hole in his leg.

The true Avada Kedavra.

TroubleFait

You should really read Dune because there's a whole volume where Duncan Idaho gets reincarnated in the future and realises little by little that he is outdated, both physically and mentally.
It's not easy for him to accept that.