opinion needed

Nirokuro

*Slaying tigers*
so I was thinking of being a DM of a D&D game, but I thought not much people in SH will be interested in this, so I am asking for your opinion, the game will just use writing no video or sound calls as they tend to be a chaos, the calculations are all made by me not a program, and the sheets will be made by me using my past character sheet design, as i used to DM for some games before.

Agentt

Thighs
so I was thinking of being a DM of a D&D game, but I thought not much people in SH will be interested in this, so I am asking for your opinion, the game will just use writing no video or sound calls as they tend to be a chaos, the calculations are all made by me not a program, and the sheets will be made by me using my past character sheet design, as i used to DM for some games before.
Sounds amazing

GodlessEmperor

Emperor of trash writing
the game will just use writing no video or sound calls as they tend to be a chaos
I feel like its fine 90% of the time as long as everyone speaks proper english and isnt a child. Calls really make it much more fluent and easier to do just about anything. At least imo.
In text only (I had only one of these in 8 years) ppl seem to tend not to pay attention, since it'll still be on the screen even they dont. This alone makes their responses so much slower, dragging out each session to no end before anything happens.

the calculations are all made by me not a program,
As in casting die? If you only write, ppl would have to type in what they rolled and stuff. Why not just play on something like roll20 so ppl can roll and have things calculated automatically?

and the sheets will be made by me using my past character sheet design, as i used to DM for some games before.
There are official sheets online anyone can use, or do you mean the character creation is done by you? Things like DMs Vault exist so anyone can make easy characters. If need be I can send you the old custom files from orcbrew for all extensions.

I probably misunderstood some of these.
Sounds amazing
More pen and paper always is nice :)

Nirokuro

*Slaying tigers*
There are official sheets online anyone can use, or do you mean the character creation is done by you? Things like DMs Vault exist so anyone can make easy characters. If need be I can send you the old custom files from orcbrew for all extensions.
yes there is some elements that I don't use in the official sheet as my games don't need it, or I find it sort of complicated. also my worlds system can differ a bit from the official sheet, so I made about three designs for different games that I usually host

GodlessEmperor

Emperor of trash writing
Well the problem with accents always exist.
Thats what I meant by proper. I also have an accent, but Ive talked with people all around the world and most of the time people have no problems understanding me and I dont either. As long as their accent isnt too strong at least. As long as ppl have only mild accents its defo better though. In the end its just my experiences I shared anyway.

yes there is some elements that I don't use in the official sheet as my games don't need it, or I find it sort of complicated. also my worlds system can differ a bit from the official sheet, so I made about three designs for different games that I usually host
Now I'm curious, dnd (5e) is already one of the most simple systems out there, to the point where people keep critisizing how simplified it is.
Could we see one of those sheets? :3

LordJoyde

Are you gonna be using Avrae and discord? Because if yes, I am interested.

Southdog

Caustic, handle with caution
IT sounds like you have vocal anxiety and want to hand your players premade characters. Not a bad idea.

Nirokuro

*Slaying tigers*
IT sounds like you have vocal anxiety and want to hand your players premade characters. Not a bad idea.
I don't mind talking thier character sheets i will just ask them for what they want the character like skills etc and make as i use some different elements and also, i am depressed from players who try to make thier characters so op at the beginning, overpowering thier skills, and making jock character