Opinion on piercings

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
My opinion is that it is gross, disgusting and satanic. Since it corrupts the natural body to a lesser state, and is a sign for the mentally ill. No one in their right mind would have a piercing on their body. Same with tattoos.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
If that is the case, then tattoo as well.

Imo, those are fine. Then you hit bubble foreheads and split tongues, that is when you truly fell off the deep end.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Now that my kid is finally asleep . . . People should be allowed to do whatever they want to their bodies once they reach a certain age. That doesn't mean they will do those things. I'm over 30 and I don't have any piercings or permanent tattoos because I don't want any. I recently got into temporary tattoos again since I found some while I was organizing stuff and it gives me another conversation topic with my kid. When people are old enough to understand that certain changes are permanent and that they can enjoy temporary alternatives such as clip-on (or magnetic) earrings and temporary tattoos, then it's completely up to them. People mature at different rates, so 18 is a good rule of thumb.

My mom got her ears pierced for the first time on her 40th birthday, and I was very young at the time. Pretty much all my female friends in elementary school had their ears pierced, and I'd seen some of them go through forgetting to put in earrings for a long time and the holes closing up and getting pierced all over again. My mom said I could get my ears pierced too if I wanted, but I decided it wasn't worth the trouble. Sure enough, my mom also forgot to keep earrings in her ears all the time and . . . yuck!

What people do to their bodies is their business as long as it doesn't affect me. I got a few pairs of earrings for pierced ears as presents while growing up, and it was rather annoying, but with most of those things, it's pretty easy to convert them to clip-on earrings.

My opinion is that it is gross, disgusting and satanic. Since it corrupts the natural body to a lesser state, and is a sign for the mentally ill. No one in their right mind would have a piercing on their body. Same with tattoos.
I don't have a problem with Satanists, but I was raised Catholic, so if you want to play this game . . .

Kilolo

I'm so kewl
I don't have tattoo and doesn't have any plan to having it. but I think for the most part, tattoo is cool.
but ofc there's horrible tattoo as well, and I really questioning the brain of someone who has such repulsive tattoo permanently attached to their body.

as for piercing... well, to each of their own i guess. but no matter how nice looking it is, I don't think the risk & danger that comes with it are worth it.

except ear piercing because I at least thinking ear piercing is safe enough.

LilRora

Mostly formless
Honestly, if you ask me, anything someone does with their body is their own business. I'm not planning on getting my ears pierced, but I see the appeal in having earrings or other things in other places. It's merely that I don't see the point in piercing my ears if I can get clip-on earrings.

As for piercings corrupting the body into a lesser state, I can agree with that. Though I wouldn't go straight down to mentally ill, because there can be a whole lot of different reasons why someone would get piercings.

I once heard that a man with tattoos is a man capable of making decisions he will regret in the future. I guess the same could be said about piercings?

OP1000

I personally don't want to get pierced/get a tattoo anywhere on my body. I find it unnecessary.
Then you hit bubble foreheads and split tongues, that is when you truly fell off the deep end.
What is a bubble forehead?

Last edited:

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Piercing and tattoos aren't really an issue for me. Yeah, excessive amounts of piercings and tattoos disturb me but I don't have the right to tell the that. They can do what they want. I may never get either but others can do what they want.

Jet

I've never had any piercings or tattoos since I've never seen a point to it. Neither am I female too.

That said, you claim that it corrupts the natural body to a lesser state. I won't say much about the signs for the mentally ill, since that one is a greatly marred area. Pretty much anything can be considered such a sign. I mean there are ppl who cut pieces of themselves for the heck of it and consider that joyous and liberating. But the first notion is quite fresh and intriguing to me.

The natural body is getting to become an outdated concept at a ridiculous speed. We just don't evolve fast enough anymore. No one is going to wait for the 10s of thousands of years for some drastic natural changes to occur. And AI is becoming better than us at drawing, writing, sculpting, any art really. AI beats us at any game with Go being included. It's pretty clear that AI is on its way to become incomparably better than humans at anything in this century alone. Hence it's also becoming clear that humans from centuries in the future would not look or perceive things anything like us. And that's where the natural body's conundrum that you brought up comes into play.

We devised the field of bionics to try not to fall too hard behind the ever-evolving AIs. Would you choose to turn into a microbe under the feet of AI and those who embrace the changes or would you be willing to transform your body and mind? Even at the risk of it turning you into a not quite you. The quantum computers, combined with the fact that genome and DNA can be easily tampered with at home bring us to a new reality. Where bionically modified humans might reach the sound of speed, the strength of a fork-lift, the higher order of thought process and all that. And what if you keep sticking to the natural body's idea even then? Others might actually traverse to the other dimensions, other clusters even with their body alone. While those to choose to ignore and reject the change would simply turn into living things of lower order like ants to us. Reaching the point where all of the contact would become meaningless if possible at all.

I don't think such a scenario is feasible since it would take centuries if not millennia of rigidity and children aren't rigid by nature. But I'd argue that your natural body idea might be obsolete at that.

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
I have my entire back tattooed, as well as an ankle tattoo. Pierced ears, 3 holes in each. Would I get more tattoos? Hell, yes. And I can assure you I am in my right mind. I've had both tattoos for over ten years and still don't regret it.
I don't think tattoos are satanic. Unless you're counting them as a distraction for middle-aged karens to get het up about, instead of worrying about real issues.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I really questioning the brain of someone who has such repulsive tattoo permanently attached to their body.
It's useful to have such things as red flags when it comes to dating. It's not a deal breaker for me, but it's a red flag nonetheless. That being said, Husband has a couple of tattoos. They're not repulsive to me, but he's considered getting them removed, and I say it's not worth spending money to remove them.

Ilikewaterkusa

I don't have tattoo and doesn't have any plan to having it. but I think for the most part, tattoo is cool.
but ofc there's horrible tattoo as well, and I really questioning the brain of someone who has such repulsive tattoo permanently attached to their body.

as for piercing... well, to each of their own i guess. but no matter how nice looking it is, I don't think the risk & danger that comes with it are worth it.

except ear piercing because I at least thinking ear piercing is safe enough.
Pretty sure can laser it off but it hurts

Prince_Azmiran_Myrian

🐉Burns you with his Love🐉
Now that my kid is finally asleep . . . People should be allowed to do whatever they want to their bodies once they reach a certain age. That doesn't mean they will do those things. I'm over 30 and I don't have any piercings or permanent tattoos because I don't want any. I recently got into temporary tattoos again since I found some while I was organizing stuff and it gives me another conversation topic with my kid. When people are old enough to understand that certain changes are permanent and that they can enjoy temporary alternatives such as clip-on (or magnetic) earrings and temporary tattoos, then it's completely up to them. People mature at different rates, so 18 is a good rule of thumb.

My mom got her ears pierced for the first time on her 40th birthday, and I was very young at the time. Pretty much all my female friends in elementary school had their ears pierced, and I'd seen some of them go through forgetting to put in earrings for a long time and the holes closing up and getting pierced all over again. My mom said I could get my ears pierced too if I wanted, but I decided it wasn't worth the trouble. Sure enough, my mom also forgot to keep earrings in her ears all the time and . . . yuck!

What people do to their bodies is their business as long as it doesn't affect me. I got a few pairs of earrings for pierced ears as presents while growing up, and it was rather annoying, but with most of those things, it's pretty easy to convert them to clip-on earrings.

I don't have a problem with Satanists, but I was raised Catholic, so if you want to play this game . . .
Counter point:

Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s. I Corinthians 6:19‭-‬20 NKJV

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.
Romans 12:1 NKJV

Ilikewaterkusa

Counter point:

Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s. I Corinthians 6:19‭-‬20 NKJV

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.
Romans 12:1 NKJV
A religion war is actually beginning. Maybe I should invite James to give K5R a religious seminar lol