Opinions on BL

xinde

First time posting!

Years ago, I was just doing my thing when I stumbled into the abyss that was BL (Boys' Love in case you didn't already know) and I never left, even till today. BL gives me an incomparable serotonin boost, and I don't even know why... ¯\(‘~`;)/¯

Anyway, pretty much what I wrote in the title. What do you think of BL?

I know some people that absolutely hate it, and then some who absolutely love it. Somehow I've never really met an in-betweener.

lilGoat

First time posting!

Years ago, I was just doing my thing when I stumbled into the abyss that was BL (Boys' Love in case you didn't already know) and I never left, even till today. BL gives me an incomparable serotonin boost, and I don't even know why... ¯\(‘~`;)/¯

Anyway, pretty much what I wrote in the title. What do you think of BL?

I know some people that absolutely hate it, and then some who absolutely love it. Somehow I've never really met an in-betweener.
There's a pretty large community here of BL lovers, although also of BL haters.
I for one write BL I love it so :blob_joy:
Welcome to SHF :blob_party:
You should follow our newsletter.

xinde

There's a pretty large community here of BL lovers, although also of BL haters.
I for one write BL I love it so :blob_joy:
Welcome to SHF :blob_party:
You should follow our newsletter.
Will do, seems amazing! Glad to see a fellow BL author, though I'm nothing compared to all you bigshots, hehe.
Well, a while ago I received a message saying something about how our BL community is underrepresented or something, so I was pretty worried... (´-﹏-`;) but it seems I can be a happy bl lover now~

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
who summoned the BL loving fish?

Daitengu

I've watched some BL anime before, but I can say it's not my cup of tea. The prevalence of uke/seme power dynamic is annoying to me. I much prefer the more equal partner relationships in more often found in yuri.

Yes that also means I skip most harem stories. As it tends towards uneven power of one person holding it together.

I'm older and power fantasy in relationships just come off as the author being inept or compensating for one thing or another.

I've experienced 3 step father's all trying to be controlling and desire money/cars/etc to compensate for small penises. So I call it as I see it, and avoid it.

Last edited:

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
The prevalence of uke/seme power dynamic is annoying to me. I much prefer the more equal partner relationships in more often found in yuri.
That’s the older BL anime. The newer ones have power couples with the bottom no less manly than the top |.•)

but yeah, sissy uke are getting annoying over the time :/

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
You willingly walked into a forum for a site that's literally a hodgepodge of every homo degeneracy you could think of. You came to a beehive asking for honey. You came to Applebee's asking for mashed potatoes. You came to McDonald's asking for burgers. Of course people fucking love that shit here.

I'm just here to see twinks pegged in the ass. I don't care if it's gay or not, so long as it's delivered.

Shui234

I don´t really like bl I avoid it most of the time. Its not really my thing.(I would prefer yuri) I don´t enjoy the stories enough to actively seek them out but I wouldn´t say I ¨hate bl¨ nor do I like it.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I read a bit years ago, and it was OK. I can see how other people would enjoy it, but it doesn't do much for me.

xinde

You willingly walked into a forum for a site that's literally a hodgepodge of every homo degeneracy you could think of. You came to a beehive asking for honey. You came to Applebee's asking for mashed potatoes. You came to McDonald's asking for burgers. Of course people fucking love that shit here.

I'm just here to see twinks pegged in the ass. I don't care if it's gay or not, so long as it's delivered.
The last pART *WHEEZE*
Understandable, have a nice day

Michuyu

Welcome to the forum! (? xD I'm sure you've been here, but as you said, it's your first post!)

I actually never got invested in a BL :o I did try watching an anime called Given. It was okay, as I liked the characters, but the pacing was kind of slow imo and the atmosphere was kinda too gloomy(?)

Still, I did try to read yuri recently, but I do find BL to be more interesting to me. >.<

So, I guess I am in the between of liking and not liking BL?

xinde

Welcome to the forum! (? xD I'm sure you've been here, but as you said, it's your first post!)

I actually never got invested in a BL :o I did try watching an anime called Given. It was okay, as I liked the characters, but the pacing was kind of slow imo and the atmosphere was kinda too gloomy(?)

Still, I did try to read yuri recently, but I do find BL to be more interesting to me. >.<

So, I guess I am in the between of liking and not liking BL?
I see... I seem to be meeting lots of in-betweeners here XD
Given is one of the so-called more mainstream BL. Not saying that it's not cute or anything, but there are much, much more BL out there of every genre imaginable.

I also don't just read BL for the smexy(contrary to popular opinion ಠwಠ), BL is cute in the way that it feels like two people fell in love but just happen to both be men. I suppose that applies for Girls' love too.

Maybe you just have to look until you find the spark that lights up your bl fire ( ꈍᴗꈍ)

Michuyu

I see... I seem to be meeting lots of in-betweeners here XD
Given is one of the so-called more mainstream BL. Not saying that it's not cute or anything, but there are much, much more BL out there of every genre imaginable.

I also don't just read BL for the smexy(contrary to popular opinion ಠwಠ), BL is cute in the way that it feels like two people fell in love but just happen to both be men. I suppose that applies for Girls' love too.

Maybe you just have to look until you find the spark that lights up your bl fire ( ꈍᴗꈍ)
Do you have any recommendations? :D

xinde

Do you have any recommendations? :D
Well, that depends on genre and your preference. Also depends on whether you want it in the form of novels(chinese, korean, or just bl), manga, manhwa, manhua or even anime (◡ ω ◡)

Seriously, I mean it when I say there's a hecc load of bl out there.

EternalSunset0

Not really fond of it, and I don't look for it. However, I don't mind exactly. I did watch some anime before with some BL undertones like Black Butler or some sports shows and liked some of them, but not mainly for the relationships.