Opinions on BL

BL? I read BL on daily basis, even though my bf will mad at me whenever I read BL(especially the smut one).
I read BL and sometimes draw BL, even NSFW ones.
So, BL is like fuel for me, especially when I'm feeling tired after working or when I'm in a bad mood. :blob_sir:

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
BL? I read BL on daily basis, even though my bf will mad at me whenever I read BL(especially the smut one).
I read BL and sometimes draw BL, even NSFW ones.
So, BL is like fuel for me, especially when I'm feeling tired after working or when I'm in a bad mood. :blob_sir:
Yet I only see you draw waifus

Michuyu

Well, that depends on genre and your preference. Also depends on whether you want it in the form of novels(chinese, korean, or just bl), manga, manhwa, manhua or even anime (◡ ω ◡)

Seriously, I mean it when I say there's a hecc load of bl out there.
Well, I’m not sure xD just give me a list I guess haha if you have time!

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
Welcome to SHF :blob_party:
You should follow our newsletter.
I love you! :blob_aww:

Also, to actually answer the thread: I exclusively read BL so ... guess I like it :blob_sweat: (Also, how come I missed this thread? I was definitely on here yesterday and just thinking that nothing interesting was happening on the forums these days ... :blob_blank:)

yiyuehua

BL is a little more niche and underrepresented, but there's a community for it :blob_evil_two: I tend to enjoy reading BL genres more than the regular hetero-romantic ones (but I think it's because I'm traumatized by all the overbearing rich CEO ML and damsel-in-distress FL webnovels that float around everywhere)

Luxican

I also enjoy the BL genre very much, although I'm more of a Shounen Ai person than Yaoi haha
It's mostly the warmth in the genre that does it for me. Because, at least in my opinion, hetero couples often come off as cold to each other in some way( in fiction), either it's the guy (as Bad Boy) to the girl or the girl (as I'm-cold-and-unfeeling,-not-like-the-other-b*tches-that-throw-themselves-at-guys) to the guy.
And I think that's just so sad.
That's also why I'm a hardcore defender of good-hearted, cute and maybe a bit foolish MCs UwU

erintesden

I am a bit like Luxican, I prefer shonen ai than yaoi. Almost the same way I prefer shojo ai than yuri.
I simply prefer the romantic part itself than the smut that tends to follow.

Especially because on the case of yaoi, it can really get a bit rapey in most cases.

Last edited:

Gaytoonz

First time posting!

Years ago, I was just doing my thing when I stumbled into the abyss that was BL (Boys' Love in case you didn't already know) and I never left, even till today. BL gives me an incomparable serotonin boost, and I don't even know why... ¯\(‘~`;)/¯

Anyway, pretty much what I wrote in the title. What do you think of BL?

I know some people that absolutely hate it, and then some who absolutely love it. Somehow I've never really met an in-betweener.
I tripped into BL dramas while watching clips on YouTube about gay movies I’ve loved. Fell in deep, no desire to get out. Instead I’m working on my own BL story and uploading it chapter by chapter.
I would love some feed back, it’s my first book and sometimes I get lost in what I write and lose focus. So all the feedback is helpful.