Opinions on manga character designs.

H0LL0W

I have a story on here called GALACTIC. It's a script for a manga. While I write it, I've been trying to come up with character designs and want feedback from lots of people. I'll be putting up a lot as time goes on.
Here is the latest re-design I've made of the main character. I've done it over several times. He was purposefully made cuter than he was written in the book because books are a lot different than manga lol. Is it an OK design? What are some things I could improve on? What kind of character does it seem like from his looks alone?

Attachments

• ace2.png
    ace2.png
    323.4 KB · Views: 121

H0LL0W

Sleeveless hoodie doesn't work

His posture is slacking and his feet are not aligned properly, making him look clumsy
I own a green sleeveless hoodie lol... Do you mean the style isn't good? I was aiming for something "cuter" but still easy to draw since I'd have to redraw the same outfit like allll the timeee

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I own a green sleeveless hoodie lol... Do you mean the style isn't good? I was aiming for something "cuter" but still easy to draw since I'd have to redraw the same outfit like allll the timeee
then give him a fat hoodie and short shorts. by short shorts I mean the denim is literally riding up his thigh and constricting the bloodflow

Agentt

Thighs
Judging from his looks, he seems to be a goof ball?
So, how about messy lame clothes? Like he just wore whatever he found?

A shirt having a boomer emoji, and shorts which are too long to be called shorts, but too short to be pants

H0LL0W

then give him a fat hoodie and short shorts. by short shorts I mean the denim is literally riding up his thigh and constricting the bloodflow
You know what the funny thing is ? my roomate is the exact type of person who is the audience of who reads my stuff, and we played this game called, Too Gay, Or Not Gay Enough, when I was drawing him. she told me to give him shorts and a big hoodie... but I didn't like the shorts... I hate that this so predictable lmfao
Judging from his looks, he seems to be a goof ball?
So, how about messy lame clothes? Like he just wore whatever he found?

A shirt having a boomer emoji, and shorts which are too long to be called shorts, but too short to be pants
In a previous design he had a t-shirt that said I'd Rather Be Playing Baseball, and also there was Blink If You Want Me. Lol

TotallyHuman

It's good to be home.
I don't think it's good fashion. It just looks weird, tbh.

Mysticant

Resident Ant
I am not one to be able to critique male drawn art. It feels that you are not going for any masculine cool character. It would be that goofy anime character that was mentioned by agentt. The eyes are a bit large for many male character personas in that age range based on my opinion. Is it a yuuki rito kind of character?

H0LL0W

I am not one to be able to critique male drawn art. It feels that you are not going for any masculine cool character. It would be that goofy anime character that was mentioned by agentt. The eyes are a bit large for many male character personas in that age range based on my opinion. Is it a yuuki rito kind of character?
Yes it is. I have female characters I'm desinging, and I'll post those soon as well. You guys can give feedback on those as well.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I would go even simpler. A plain t-shirt. Anymore is already too much to draw repeatedly. If you can, kudos to you.
Also idk if it’s the clothes or is he supposedly on the chubbier side? :blob_hmm_two: (don’t judge me, I only draw danmei males with 0% body fat
)

The design looks how should I say, out of fashion? Kids nowadays all wear brands and have the newest iPhone while they are in elementary school. Bonk me if I missed it, but is it contemporary setting? Personally, I would make his half hoodie looser. Loose top, normal fit pants.

H0LL0W

i have a terrible eye for fashion
like i'm not going to lie. thats why I made this thread, lol.
I did t-shirt and shorts. I kept the design... simple. I didn't bother to re-draw the shoes since no one complained about them, i guess I designed them OK.
better or worse? @___@

Attachments

• roastme.png
    roastme.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 68

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
i have a terrible eye for fashion
like i'm not going to lie. thats why I made this thread, lol.
I did t-shirt and shorts. I kept the design... simple. I didn't bother to re-draw the shoes since no one complained about them, i guess I designed them OK.
better or worse? @___@
better imo
is he a main or supporting chara? :blob_evil_two:

Also, fashion is not about wearing mainstream, but about wearing clothes that make the body look better.

H0LL0W

better imo
is he a main or supporting chara? :blob_evil_two:

Also, fashion is not about wearing mainstream, but about wearing clothes that make the body look better.
He's the main character.
His name is Ace, his ability is teleportation, he's forgetful, and he likes pancakes, men women, and sports.
He was fun to design because I made his forgetfulness a major part of his personality. He would argue someone and forget he was angry with them the next day, lol.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
He looks like the sweet, innocent type. Not my type, but I'll give him kissing lessons and a blowjob (just one) if he asks nicely.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
He looks like the sweet, innocent type. Not my type, but I'll give him kissing lessons and a blowjob (just one) if he asks nicely.
Give him the around-the-world triple-decker Sloppy Joe with whipped cream on the side.

LoliGent

The Lolicon Gentleman
I like his design. He looks like a fun type of person. Those round eyes give him an innocent look and that messy hair tells me he's more of a laid back person. That smile makes me believe he is genuinely a decent guy who wants to help his friends. His clothes, or perhaps fashion choice, further emphasizes his laid back attitude. The thing is, I don't see main character from him unless this is some kind of slice of life manga. I don't see him being a hero of some kind, and I assume you are trying to make an action manga.