Opinions on manga character designs.

H0LL0W

I like his design. He looks like a fun type of person. Those round eyes give him an innocent look and that messy hair tells me he's more of a laid back person. That smile makes me believe he is genuinely a decent guy who wants to help his friends. His clothes, or perhaps fashion choice, further emphasizes his laid back attitude. The thing is, I don't see main character from him unless this is some kind of slice of life manga. I don't see him being a hero of some kind, and I assume you are trying to make an action manga.
It's a Fantasy-Horror story that is also Shounen-Ai. But honestly its more fantasy if anything. That's why I'm conflicted on how to design him?
Shounen-protag?
Or cute uke who can't find his way out of a fucking paper bag?

H0LL0W

I'm back with another character you guys can roast into oblivion.
Her name is Mary Sue, and she's canonically the strongest person in the entire universe in my story. I made her look way too nice in this picture though. I want her to look Cool. I'll redesign her face, but I'll keep the hairstyles for her daughter, Mary Jane.
In case you didn't get the joke... Mary Sue is the strongest person in the known universe because she's a Mary Sue.
Oh yeah. I'm so cool and "original" guys.
She's the blessed 1/10 mill that has 2 abilities...that are amazingly to be always lucky no matter what and to adapt to any situation. She's a breathing parody and the worst part is she's even aware of it herself, lol.
When I imagined what she looked like I imagined Beyonce, because you can never say anything bad about Beyonce. People treat her like Jesus Christ, like she's perfect... and the wierd thing is I've rarely heard anything bad about her...and thats sus as fuck lmfao. In my story Mary Sue is seen as a perfect person even though she doesn't want to be, she isn't, but her ability literally gives her no choice.
I used hairstyles Beyonce has worn in the past to design her, possibly why she came out looking too "nice" instead of cool.
Let me know which ones ya like on the corresponding numbers.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Or cute uke who can't find his way out of a fucking paper bag?
Yes :blob_aww:

I think his design for horror is quite fitting? I mean, he looks like an ordinary guy! Changing clothes can come later! :blob_uwu:

I would just sketch out several panels to see if it fits.
I'm back with another character you guys can roast into oblivion.
Her name is Mary Sue, and she's canonically the strongest person in the entire universe in my story. I made her look way too nice in this picture though. I want her to look Cool. I'll redesign her face, but I'll keep the hairstyles for her daughter, Mary Jane.
In case you didn't get the joke... Mary Sue is the strongest person in the known universe because she's a Mary Sue.
Oh yeah. I'm so cool and "original" guys.
She's the blessed 1/10 mill that has 2 abilities...that are amazingly to be always lucky no matter what and to adapt to any situation. She's a breathing parody and the worst part is she's even aware of it herself, lol.
When I imagined what she looked like I imagined Beyonce, because you can never say anything bad about Beyonce. People treat her like Jesus Christ, like she's perfect... and the wierd thing is I've rarely heard anything bad about her...and thats sus as fuck lmfao. In my story Mary Sue is seen as a perfect person even though she doesn't want to be, she isn't, but her ability literally gives her no choice.
I used hairstyles Beyonce has worn in the past to design her, possibly why she came out looking too "nice" instead of cool.
Let me know which ones ya like on the corresponding numbers.

1 or 2
Give her a leather jacket and red lips and she will look several times cooler and intimidating

H0LL0W

Yes :blob_aww:

I think his design for horror is quite fitting? I mean, he looks like an ordinary guy! Changing clothes can come later! :blob_uwu:

I would just sketch out several panels to see if it fits.

1 or 2
Give her a leather jacket and red lips and she will look several times cooler and intimidating
lipstick and a cool jacket is a great idea.
You always reply very fast to my thread and the feedback is nice. Thank you. :blob_aww:
I am also happy that Ace's new design has better feedback because I originally made him look a lot meaner. It didn't fit his personality, but I'll try to come up with better designs for him that is more "every day" but not super boring.

tiaf

You always reply very fast to my thread and the feedback is nice. Thank you.
I’m just the lurker of artist category
I am also happy that Ace's new design has better feedback because I originally made him look a lot meaner. It didn't fit his personality, but I'll try to come up with better designs for him that is more "every day" but not super boring.
*gasp*
I love gaps in personality and appearance though...
Reason I have so many bottoms with muscular bodies and big dongs/boobs
Ok, the nsfw trash is seeing itself out.

H0LL0W

I’m just the lurker of artist category

*gasp*

I love gaps in personality and appearance though...
Reason I have so many bottoms with muscular bodies and big dongs/boobs
Ok, the nsfw trash is seeing itself out.
Don't worry, once my art skills improve I will grace(curse) the world with plenty of gay trash manga for you to consume. Leak all the NSFW you want, LOL.
  • ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*( ͡ꈍ ͜ʖ̫ ͡ꈍ )*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

tiaf

Don't worry, once my art skills improve I will grace(curse) the world with plenty of gay trash manga for you to consume. Leak all the NSFW you want, LOL.
  • ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*( ͡ꈍ ͜ʖ̫ ͡ꈍ )*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Nsfw is leaked here lmao come to the gay, there are more fujoshis to give you feedback

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
I own a green sleeveless hoodie lol... Do you mean the style isn't good?
Chiming in here... I wouldn't say the style isn't good, but it can make an onlooker feel that it's reminiscent of early 90's fashion, which isn't in trend right now. You can opt to pair sleeveless hoodies with a jacket, blazer or anything oversized to offset the sleeveless-ness.

In terms of styling.... If I'm wearing a short-sleeved hoodie like the one you've currently illustrated on your boy, I usually pair it with a lot of steel rings and thin wrist accessories. I'd personally roll or scrunch the end of my pants up and let my ankles show. I don't recommend wearing socks with that look (if you really have to, you can opt for ship socks). Or if I'm streeting up my prep, I wear them with full jackets - gives one the dress-up-dress-down look.

Hoodies aren't very good with neck accessories, but a good one if you want to add any is headphones. Beats by Dre has very sleek and beautiful designs if you're looking to port them over to your character's style with hoodies.

Your character does look dorky and lovable though. :blob_melt: He gives off the vibe of the Golden Retriever types, the type you just want to hug and hang with for a good time! Bless his heart!💕

H0LL0W

Not a character design. I probably shouldn't make two art threads, so I guess I can just add w/e to this one.
This is a very rough draft of the cover of the 3rd volume in my series.
Angry gay with magical fire sword in swimwear and gaudy tattoos.
Too Gay, or Not Gay Enough?
Even if its not gay its definitely extra and flamboyant, lol

Step by step process of the cover for the 2nd volume if anyone is curious.
It looks like shit in the beginning but becomes more refined as time goes on. For the previous picture I want to use much better lightning compared to the one below.

Final Product

Previous drafts of volume 3 cover i was going to do but hated.

I made so many designs. I was just really picky and told myself this is it lol.

Last edited:

LoliGent

The Lolicon Gentleman
I don't know if people actually like the process of a person's drawings, but since I'm trying to improve my artwork, I appreciate you posting your WIPs in their frame models. I'm getting ideas on how to implement it in my own style. Nice.

yunano34a1

He's the main character.
His name is Ace, his ability is teleportation, he's forgetful, and he likes pancakes, men women, and sports.
He was fun to design because I made his forgetfulness a major part of his personality. He would argue someone and forget he was angry with them the next day, lol.
I'd say give him something unique like a headband or something. And when he removes it, you know shits gonna be serious

H0LL0W

I'd say give him something unique like a headband or something. And when he removes it, you know shits gonna be serious
He has a magical bracelet that turns him into a magical knight, so I guess that counts.
He's basically a male magical girl :blob_happy:
fuck that, man. give him a chasity belt
Why give me such wonderful ideas for the hentai, I mean, manga spin-off?

H0LL0W

Mahou Shoujo Ore!
I googled this.
It's like dumb, like campy dumb. I might watch this while studying later, lol.
Update on the cover for third book in the series.
I need to fix his butt lol.

H0LL0W

Update. Fixed the booty, lol.
Hopefully lineart will be done by tomorrow.

H0LL0W

Slowly working on three covers at once has put a back seat on character designs.
In the mean time, I had to make a cover for my truck story because another site wouldn't use the silly screenshot i got from an obscure anime, lol. :blob_happy:
Oh well. This only took me 30 minutes to make anyway.

H0LL0W

currently designing website for the manga.
i used ash ketchum as a placeholder manga page.
soon i will make cute buttons.
My only worry is creating a proper index page for all the chapters. That's gonna be a pain in my ass.

I also need to figure out how to make a comments section that lets people post whatever they want while also filtering out dumb stuff like "BUY @@@@@@ AT EBAYYYY.COM

tiaf

Might as well change the thread title to “Akata’s creation stash”