Other good sites to publish on

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Writing.com - they have a fun gift point system for exchanging reviews.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I've heard good things about Honeyfeed.com and Tapas. Though I haven't used either yet. I do use Webnovel but it isn't that great as your story won't likely be seen unless if you can manage a contract. However, those contracts are just scams that take all your rights to your story.

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
I've heard good things about Honeyfeed.com and Tapas. Though I haven't used either yet. I do use Webnovel but it isn't that great as your story won't likely be seen unless if you can manage a contract. However, those contracts are just scams that take all your rights to your story.
Exactly the reason I decide not to use webnovel

Temple

I do use Webnovel but it isn't that great as your story won't likely be seen unless if you can manage a contract.

True, like a couple of years ago, new stories with no contracts still have a chance to be seen and get readers. Now, new stories with no contracts will just get buried.
Honeyfeed and Tapas are okay I guess. Just very small readership compared to Webnovel, RR, SH.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Honeyfeed has no fucking tables wtf are they doing that site is ass. Fuck those guys. :mad_s:

soldieroffortune813

There is Creative Novels, but they don't have a large reader base. It still might get you some new fans though.

LostLibrarian

Even worse to me - and that's for both Honeyfeed and Webnovel - is that they don't allow pictures inside the chapters. So no way for charater illustrations, multiple volume covers, or whatever...

FGCCheckmate

Tapas has a pretty friendly community, but your story won't grow much if you don't post a lot on the forums and do sub for subs or like for likes.
r/redditserials might also be an option, but it's really hard to get readers there and the formatting is trash. Not to mention the site isn't designed to support serialized stories. Right now I just stick with here, Royal Road and tapas for my stories.
Kindle Vella I heard is kinda dead (all work there must be exclusive), but maybe that means less competition.

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
I have seen few stories bring posted on sites like sufficient velocity, spacebattles and fictionpress. There is also r/HFY but they are only for a particular type of stories

KrisVFX

God of Creation
I am already on scribblehub and royal road I want to know of other good sites to publish on.
Tapread - get views by posting daily.
Tapas - shit page that you have to shamelessly self promote to get readers.
Honeyfeed - comment on other ppls work to get views.
Webnovel - you can get a million views just by posting daily.
Goodnovel - your work won't even get attention at all so don't bother checking it out.
Inkitt - same on this page as well.

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
I know the site, I just don’t get the aggression

More like I read your comment, still don’t understand what you don’t like the site
Guess my explanation wasn't clear enough

Lloyd (A litrpg author) doesn't like the site because its editor doesn't allow tables in the chapters.
Which are often used to style the gui boxes present in such stories.
(I've never published there, so no idea whether that's true, I'm just trying to explain Lloyd's comment to you)

MissPaige36

✨Senior Forum Citizen✨
Guess my explanation wasn't clear enough

Lloyd (A litrpg author) doesn't like the site because its editor doesn't allow tables in the chapters.
Which are often used to style the gui boxes present in such stories.
(I've never published there, so no idea whether that's true, I'm just trying to explain Lloyd's comment to you)
Ohh. I didn’t understand since all I saw were the curse words. Thanks for explaining.

MissPaige36

✨Senior Forum Citizen✨
The editor is dogshit it doesn't let you do anything. Most of the basic features are missing.
If that’s the case, then yeah it’s a shit site. I appreciate the warning

Temple

The editor is dogshit it doesn't let you do anything. Most of the basic features are missing.
Yeah looks like they intended it to be an app or something. But I don't think it has an app. Or maybe they did have an app before and didn't pan out.