Other languages on the site?

naosu

Do they let you put up stories in other languages other than English here?

I'm interested in putting up some stuff in German, Swedish, etc. But will they let us?

Thanks.

Iamnotabot

Bot of [PAUL]
As far as i know, there's some spanis here and there. Indonise too( i think ?)

Iamnotabot

Bot of [PAUL]
Thank you very much. Do they get very much traffic?
As far as i know, no. They don't get much traffic if any to begin with. ( i don't check them much but sometime go back for a read, sometimes the story got reported. That's all i'm going to say.)

naosu

A number of people tell me WebNovel steals from writers. I don't have the experience to say if that's true. But they also have a lot of rules that are heavy handed that could give someone an excuse to punish or exploit them under the guise of a rule. That seems like too many disadvantages. I also ran into one site, forgot which one, that wanted 50% of everything the writer makes off it... that seems very exploitive.

So people should try to protect writers and keep them here and not be heavy handed. The writers already want to get along and support the site admins anyway.

I would also remind people, most people in Europe are multi-lingual. If you bring in European populations by having some teasers in their language that would bring up the number of readers on your own sites and stories. Then they'd see the English stories attracting them and get curious. Is that really a bad thing? And nobody is going to translate the entire site anyway, so probably 95% of everything will always be English only anyway.

LilRora

Mostly formless
I also ran into one site, forgot which one, that wanted 50% of everything the writer makes off it... that seems very exploitive.
Very exploitive?
That's daylight robbery, not simply being exploitive. I don't know what site it was that you visited, but most sites take less than 10%. Patreon takes 5 or 8 depending what benefits you want, if I remember correctly.

Webnovel has generally bad reputation, and that's largely because it's one of the few sites that take payment for the stories directly. Most live by ads and people's support while the authors have accounts on Patreon, and you need no contracts with them.

And nobody is going to translate the entire site anyway, so probably 95% of everything will always be English only anyway.
Really? I'd like to know why more than half of the relatively popular manga on sites like MangaDex is at least partially translated to other languages.

Scribble Hub is an English-only site largely to make it easier to manage, and the potential loss of stories and readers is not large enough to sway the management. You are hardly the first person to suggest it and I've no doubt you won't be the last, but unless something drastic happens, I doubt anything will change in that regard.

prissi

Looking at the stats, I see ~55% from countries with English as first languages (incl. Canada ...) and 15% German speaking, the second biggest language group. Further down are 6% for Spanish and Russian, 5% Protugese (Brazil) and the rest of the languages. Japanese stats are skewed since I update from Japan, so I cannot comment on that.
This pretty much reflects what traffic I saw for other sites I host, Germany speakers make up about 15-20% of the internet traffic. Furthermore, there is no decent German story hosting site. RR allows foreign languages but it is hard to be seen there. https://belletristica.com/ is German but the rating and sorting and categorizing is not great. (Design is really something different though ... )
I think something like SH or similar in a German version could get about 15% of the traffic. I have no idea, how big a server and how much hosting that would costs and if that could be sustainable.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Do they let you put up stories in other languages other than English here?

I'm interested in putting up some stuff in German, Swedish, etc. But will they let us?

Thanks.
No. The site is for English works. If there are stories of other languages, it's because the moderator did not press the ban button. While the single moderator Tony does not outright ban accounts that post stories in other languages, at least not so far, the stories will also not get any exposure and once noticed will be banned from appearing on the front page or being updated. You can still read them if you have the url, though.