Other sites

CJWrites

Question for everyone.

Do you only post your stories here? Or do you post on other sites (Writer's Cafe, Etc) to get maximum exposure? I don't know much about this kind of thing with posting to these sites. I wouldn't think that the stories are proprietary to any one since they are the musings of various authors. And as far as I know, these stories are not monetized so there shouldn't be any conflict there either. Am I missing something? Over complicating in my head?

Cheers

*Edit*
Kaese suggested a list so I'm stealing going with that. =D

1. ScribbleHub
  2. RoyalRoad
  3. Tapas
  4. Webnovel
  5. Writer's Cafe
  6. Archive of our Own (AO3)
  7. Fictionpress
  8. Honeyfeed
  9. CreativeNovels - (The posting here is strange. There's like a queue or something)
  10. Foxteller - (Doesn't seem to have a large amount of people but it's still up and coming and it looks nice enough.)
  11. Moonquill
  12. Wattpad - (Reportedly - backroom popularity politics. Also, if you're not frequently social, you'll never get anywhere here)

Last edited:

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
Many people post their stories other places. SH doesn't care if you post them elsewhere.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Post here because I used NU and at Royalroad because it's Royalroad.

I'm trying to find a site with the audience's focus on tragedy-genre.

I also post on Ao3 since it's hard to control myself when I wrote perverted things, especially between girls.

CJWrites

I have some rather extensive Star Wars ones. I don't want to publish though. Don't want the Maus to claim any work I do.

kaese

Read the terms of service at whatever site you're posting, as long as the site doesn't claim your copyright you should be fine to post wherever. I personally post on a handful of sites including my own.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
I know of several other sites that I can post if anyone is interested perhaps.

kaese

I know of several other sites that I can post if anyone is interested perhaps.
ooo let's make a list.

1. ScribbleHub
  2. RoyalRoad
  3. Tapas
  4. Webnovel (Me no likey, you keep copyright but they claim a license where they can edit, store, publish anything you post worldwide)

CJWrites

Read the terms of service at whatever site you're posting, as long as the site doesn't claim your copyright you should be fine to post wherever. I personally post on a handful of sites including my own.

I'm not so much worried about the sites claiming it. It's Disney that I'm worried about. I posted why in another thread. They don't care about their fans, just making money. So I don't want to give them a story that doesn't suck as bad as what they've put out.

Cheers

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Scribblehub -
RoyalRoad -
Fictionpress - (Where I started off. Some of the best stories I've ever read on other sites began here first in the "Manga" section of this site.)
Honeyfeed - (This one confuses me and I don't know why but eh)
CreativeNovels - (The posting here is strange. There's like a queue or something)
Foxteller - (Doesn't seem to have a large amount of people but it's still up and coming and it looks nice enough.)
Moonquill -
Wattpad - (I dislike the backroom popularity politics that operate unseen here. Also, if you're not frequently social, you'll never get anywhere here)

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
"You don't have any friends. Nobody likes you," declares imaginary Smeagol to himself.

Facebook's deluded but widely accepted solution: the monopole Like button! By removing the other side of the truth, you won't have to be explicitly disturbed by the dozens or hundreds or even thousands of dislikes you might be getting for each like you garner.

Interesting contrast. Some authors are worried about their works being translated and posted without permission in non-english sites or being copied by bots and dumped into aggregators.

Clickbait culture and html meta tags misuse and abuse to induce artificial SEO rankings. I cringe at the thought of Minority Report's direct eye pulsing of ads becoming a reality.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
The more the merrier, there is hardly any reason to not post in more places... I mean, more exposure, more views, more possible patrons... It's a good thing to do.

CJWrites

Patrons? Did you set up a website or something? Patreon / Subscribestar?

Yiphen

Chaotic Lil' Demon
My current plan of action is to have a soft-release on ScribbleHub where I refine and rewrite my story however much I need to.
When I feel it's ready, I'm gonna shove it off the deep end into RoyalRoad and watch it get razed.
After the cleansing, I'd be more confident to slowly distribute it to a few more websites, Tapas being the main one.
As for Webnovel, I'm just going to post the prologues of my story and immediately stop because that website has a questionable treatment of its authors. The only reason why I'm even considering posting it on Webnovel is to claim my username and novel in case someone tries to re-post it there.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Patrons? Did you set up a website or something? Patreon / Subscribestar?
Setting an account on patreon and then offering extra chapters in it for a certain amount per month is a somewhat common practice~

Last edited: