Other websites to post novels on

zelotwo02

(Sorry for bad English) I discovered scribblehub via Novel updates and since then I've been writing a novel here I also love how there are latest series and latest updates list to give spotlight to other novelist but how about other websites?? I've been to Royal road, wattpad and honestly I only got views on royal road and scribblehub and I'm so happy for it, can you suggest me some other websites to post my novels on? much appreciated if the website has many eastern fantasy like isekai's and such

Malonymous

Moonquill, Webnovel.com, fictionpress, writing.com, writerscafe. Word on the street is that those last two are good for feedback :blob_wink:

Personally I'd say that ScribbleHub has the chillest community overall from what I've seen~

Last edited:

Jemini

Moonquill, Webnovel.com, fictionpress, writing.com, writerscafe

Personally I'd say that ScribbleHub has the chillest community overall from what I've seen

I hear things like that, but when I was over on Royal Road I actually got some amazing feedback that was actually more supportive and filled with a lot more people who knew what they were talking about than over here. I also saw none of the hate everyone keeps talking about being rampent over there.

I don't know, maybe I just got lucky? Or maybe it's that my writing skills were just in that sweet-spot window where it attracts that kind of supportive crowd, flawed enough to invite constructive criticism but not so bad that the bashers will start bashing.

EDIT: Also, Webnovel is full of scammers and plajurizers, and the staff there do not enforce against plajurism and will not even remove your series if you, the author, requests it to be removed.

My recommendation with Webnovel is that, if you expect to be any good, you actually SHOULD post about 50% of your series up to Webnovel as soon as possible in order to slow down anyone who gets the idea to plajurize you, and tell your readers over there to come to one of your other sites in order to get the rest. This will have the added benefit of informing the readers that this is your work and any other version up on Webnovel is a fake plajurized version. (I haven't done this with any of my current series because they're not doing good yet, but I do plan to do this eventually after a while.)

Also, never sign any kind of contract with Webnovel.

Last edited:

Ununique

Messiah of Alternate Accounts.
I also saw none of the hate everyone keeps talking about being rampent over there.
Honestly, your mileage may vary. I know I've mentioned the "hate" mob or simply toxicity of the community in RR before but if I have to expand on that, it's practically PC and Diversity vs genuine creativity and story-telling and even just new writers.

Simply put if you write a smut or wish-fulfillment story that isn't with comedic undertone or seems too degenerate according to tastes then you will be assaulted with a bombardment of .5s and several advanced reviews that at times are filled with more spite than actual reviewing of the work.

Another point that extends more so to authors is that many of them will write an amazing story but when they arrive at a certain threshold of audience numbers they start virtue-signaling sometimes subtly sometimes outright making the mc a mouthpiece. And somehow they make it a point to tell the audience to blow themselves if they disagree.

Now onto other points, there's this weird movement with a bunch of people on RR who say that it is better to not include the tag or even mention LGBT+ stuff in the summary or synopsis because it should be "normalized." Now personally I don't give a shit if you want write that story, it's fine. But if you then complain that you are getting hate and receive messages like "you wasted my time" from readers or that they are bigots or homophobes in an effort to shame them, you're a hypocrite.

On the opposite end you can't criticize PC culture in stories, for example there's this story on RR called 'Monroe' it starts off with a white male protagonist working at a toxic office job where everybody is prejudiced towards him. That isn't the focus of the story but it is a little jab at the ridiculousness that some people might actually experience hell it doesn't it even continue past the first the chapter, but so many people went out of their way to report the story and knock stars out of their reviews for it.

Now going back to the wish-fulfillment aspect. For some reason there's an outspoken group of people who will say they hate litrpg especially "male-power-fantasies". I am not particularly well versed in this specific area of where it originates or what it really means. However, if I were to take a guess it's the fact that the readers and people who say this are tired of the 'chosen one' trope because in a lot of instances the very nature of a litrpg's protagonist is that they were specifically chosen and are hence much stronger or more capable than the average person. On the other hand it can be said that the market of litrpg or isekai fantasy is saturated with gimmicks, poor writing, and cliches.

In conclusion if you don't fit into any of these targets you are probably golden and have nothing to worry about and in a lot of ways you are definitely in good hands when it comes to writing tips and advice that comes from their forums. I will also add the caveat, it most definitely is not a 'beginner or novice hobbyist' site. If you aren't looking to improve expect hate, if you aren't that good at the beginning but choose to move forward expect indifference and apathy towards your work. It's the same on all sites though, you have to market your work for more exposure at the beginning, your first reviews will most likely be from people you have pm'd and you are the only one who cares about your series at its inception.

Malonymous

I hear things like that, but when I was over on Royal Road I actually got some amazing feedback that was actually more supportive and filled with a lot more people who knew what they were talking about than over here. I also saw none of the hate everyone keeps talking about being rampent over there.

I don't know, maybe I just got lucky? Or maybe it's that my writing skills were just in that sweet-spot window where it attracts that kind of supportive crowd, flawed enough to invite constructive criticism but not so bad that the bashers will start bashing.

EDIT: Also, Webnovel is full of scammers and plajurizers, and the staff there do not enforce against plajurism and will not even remove your series if you, the author, requests it to be removed.

My recommendation with Webnovel is that, if you expect to be any good, you actually SHOULD post about 50% of your series up to Webnovel as soon as possible in order to slow down anyone who gets the idea to plajurize you, and tell your readers over there to come to one of your other sites in order to get the rest. This will have the added benefit of informing the readers that this is your work and any other version up on Webnovel is a fake plajurized version. (I haven't done this with any of my current series because they're not doing good yet, but I do plan to do this eventually after a while.)

Also, never sign any kind of contract with Webnovel.
I agree with you 100% on that. I mentioned WN more for the sake of completeness than a recommendation lol. I also haven't personally experienced hate on RR so I'm not sure what's meant by that. I just like how there seem to be more kinds of stories considered acceptable on SH, at least in terms of gender bender and GL/BL. Some sites don't even have tags for the latter, which is up to them, but it's also nice having lots of tags like there are here.

D

Deleted member 45782

As much as there are updates to Wattpad that I don't like, I think its still a nice potential place to write in. So Wattpad is still a potential writing platform. Plagiarizers and clichés aside cause I think you can find that across many writing platforms.