Writing Prompt Otome Game Heroine becoming a Demon Lord

• Thread starter Deleted member 26725
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 26725

Have read some novels where a Demon Lord becomes an Otome Game Villainess. So this suddenly came to my mind: what about a Heroine becoming a Demon Lord, whether by reincarnation or some accident?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CL

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
I actually had a scrapped plot line like some time ago. It was a magical academy-style setting with a female main character pov, and one of the male love interests was a supposed destined demon lord, and his rival was some paladin of light, and they would fight on ideological grounds in addition to fighting for mcs attention.
But little did they know that the undead minions, seemingly serving the demon lord guy, were actually reacting to his not-gf(the mc) and manipulating the events to get him killed and groom her into the new leader.

Fun times. I might get to writing that story down, eventually.

Last edited:

LilTV1155

I actually had a scrapped plot line like some time ago. It was a magical academy-style setting with a female main character pov, and one of the male love interests was a supposed destined demon lord, and his rival was some paladin of light, and they would fight on ideological grounds in addition to fighting for mcs attention.
But little did they know that the undead minions, seemingly serving the demon lord guy, were actually reacting to his not-gf(the mc) and manipulating the events to get him killed and groom her into the new leader.

Fun times. I might get to writing that story down, eventually.
Interesting. Why the hatred for their supposed destined master?

Reactions: CL

CL

At one point, I did have in mind to do one of those stories. I had thought about one of the villainess's followers (you know, they come in a pack) being used as a guinea pig for a summoning ritual. She'd be in the tradition circle, the summoning completes, and a demon possesses the follower. This demon wouldn't quite understand its situation, but, while in the circle, it kept a low profile. The possessed follower would convince the villainess the summoning wasn't successful or, at least, it didn't produce the expected results. Whenever the Academy intro would initiate with the heroine arriving, the demon would sense the rare and high potential of magic in her. That would be the goal: the possessed follower trying to find ways to swap hosts, but the rivalry between the heroine and villainess, the chivalry and (in)convenient timing of romance flags, and the protective charms on areas around the school (mostly to prevent magical violence on the grounds) would always thwart the demon's plans. It's supposed to be a comedy, and I'd love to write it, but I'm also not quite there yet to be in that specific mood for it.

LilTV1155

not hatred, but he simply wasn't the one, so they didn't need him in the long term and he knew too much
That smell like betrayal here. Are we going to get an edgy dark lord wannabe in that plot?
At one point, I did have in mind to do one of those stories. I had thought about one of the villainess's followers (you know, they come in a pack) being used as a guinea pig for a summoning ritual. She'd be in the tradition circle, the summoning completes, and a demon possesses the follower. This demon wouldn't quite understand its situation, but, while in the circle, it kept a low profile. The possessed follower would convince the villainess the summoning wasn't successful or, at least, it didn't produce the expected results. Whenever the Academy intro would initiate with the heroine arriving, the demon would sense the rare and high potential of magic in her. That would be the goal: the possessed follower trying to find ways to swap hosts, but the rivalry between the heroine and villainess, the chivalry and (in)convenient timing of romance flags, and the protective charms on areas around the school (mostly to prevent magical violence on the grounds) would always thwart the demon's plans. It's supposed to be a comedy, and I'd love to write it, but I'm also not quite there yet to be in that specific mood for it.
Mm. You know what? I think the heroine can be shipped with the possessed follower, the nobody demon.

CL

Mm. You know what? I think the heroine can be shipped with the possessed follower, the nobody demon.
That sounds like it would be an interesting development. I like it. Also, I like the description of "the nobody demon". It is a nice reminder for me that it will always be called by the host's name and can only walk around in somebody else's body. Thank you for the bright ideas. :blob_cookie:

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
That smell like betrayal here. Are we going to get an edgy dark lord wannabe in that plot?
no, just a bunch of immortal, undead people who waited for the messiah to reincarnate for a very, very long time

also, we arent getting anything cause I decided not to write that story. That's because the core of it was supposed to be otome magical academy romance with a twist near the end, and I found myself bored with writing romance, and only interested in the twist.

Cipiteca396

🌺🌑🐉🪶 Anxiety Overdrive
Somehow this has come up twice in just a few days... Riku the Right Wing. It was about the childhood friend character from a Gal Game getting abandoned by her Male Lead and becoming a soldier for the demons. Sort of the opposite of what you're asking, but the same idea, lol.

Similarly, a couple of the revenge fics where the male lead becomes a fallen hero or demon lord. It would be easy enough to have a female hero do the same. There's also at least one where they get Gender Bent in the meantime. Again, not what you're asking, but somewhat similar.

For what you're actually asking... Actually, hold on, I had one like that.
1629459564952.png

Mr.Grey-Cat

if you are speaking about an otome game world, with the heroine being a demon lord, there is one.

but the thing is, she is not the demon lord of her world, because that guy is just a small fry compared to her.
she is more of a multi-dimensional demon god, or as they called it, a devil, one of the three types of demon gods, with her and another one bein the only two of this type.

and for the record, this novel is a nice one, though I don't know if any knew chapter are released anymore.

and finally to the novel's name, its name is "

Demon Noble Girl ~Story of a Careless demon"​

and by the way, just my opinion, but the title is bullshit, because she is anything but careless

super straight male & the opposite sex of female
The cucking commence