Patreon Tips

Not_A_Symphony

Picasso 2.0
So I thought about creating a Patreon in case any of my writters would like to support me in a more personal level.
I am pretty new at the platform so I'm still figuring things out.
Some Questions:
  • One of my rewards is to be able to read a certain ammount of chapters before the free releases, however I came across a problem. I have two tiers and the second one has acess to more chapters than the first one during a certain period of time (so Tier 1 you can read 1 week ahead of the free releases and Tier 2 you can read 2 weeks ahead). I can't seem to find a way to schedule it for both Tiers separately. Do you, perhaps, have any solution (besides making two separate posts?)
  • If you belong to a Patreon community or are a writer with an account, do you have any important tips to give? Or some newbie errors to avoid?
Thank you very much! Stay safe :blob_nom:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I'd offer more personal rewards for higher tiers. Offer to spend an hour gaming with them or chatting in a private Discord or something.

AnnonBee

But you’re famous, right? It’s not like people are gonna spend their money playing with a random guy…
People will, if you extra meat is, not hanging between your leg, but on your chest.

Jokes aside, special role on discord server, partreon only channle, extra story or spin offs even one-shots for higher tier patreons are most common perks for patreon.

One thing: you can make a character of patreon's liking. However, it should be given to highest level patreon otherwise your novel will full of useless chapter. It also depends on your story.

One more thing is, rather than giving early access, try to give extra chapters. Like tier 1 can read 2 chapters while tier 2 can read 5 chapters. This one of the most used perks.

Not_A_Symphony

Picasso 2.0
One thing: you can make a character of patreon's liking. However, it should be given to highest level patreon otherwise your novel will full of useless chapter. It also depends on your story.

One more thing is, rather than giving early access, try to give extra chapters. Like tier 1 can read 2 chapters while tier 2 can read 5 chapters. This one of the most used perks.
Thank you for those tips! I really appreciated it! Didn't thought about it and now I feel enlightened :blob_nom:

I'd offer more personal rewards for higher tiers. Offer to spend an hour gaming with them or chatting in a private Discord or something.
I would do that if I had Corpse's voice but sadly I don't... Oh world... Why you so unfair? :blob_pat_sad:

No, but I've been told I have a sexy voice.
Also, 1 star to your voice :blob_gift: [just kidding!]

BlindSerpent

When you make a Patreon post you can select the tier of it. Then when you make the next week's tier you will simply have to edit the previous chapter to be available to tier 1, and make next tier 2.

Not sure that there is another way?

Tblew

So I thought about creating a Patreon in case any of my writters would like to support me in a more personal level.
I am pretty new at the platform so I'm still figuring things out.
Some Questions:
  • One of my rewards is to be able to read a certain ammount of chapters before the free releases, however I came across a problem. I have two tiers and the second one has acess to more chapters than the first one during a certain period of time (so Tier 1 you can read 1 week ahead of the free releases and Tier 2 you can read 2 weeks ahead). I can't seem to find a way to schedule it for both Tiers separately. Do you, perhaps, have any solution (besides making two separate posts?)
  • If you belong to a Patreon community or are a writer with an account, do you have any important tips to give? Or some newbie errors to avoid?
Thank you very much! Stay safe :blob_nom:
"My villainess is darker than yours" <- Love this! Though, mine can certainly stand up to the challenge. :blob_sir:

Also, I am a newbie as well when it comes to Patreon. I did wish I had done it a little sooner. My story is already over the hill and rolling down it. I would say launch it when your story is most active?

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
"My villainess is darker than yours" <- Love this! Though, mine can certainly stand up to the challenge. :blob_sir:

Also, I am a newbie as well when it comes to Patreon. I did wish I had done it a little sooner. My story is already over the hill and rolling down it. I would say launch it when your story is most active?
If you're doing Patreon, having multiple stories is probably the way to go. Especially a Patreon exclusive story. Probably Smut. :blob_pout:

Not_A_Symphony

Picasso 2.0
"My villainess is darker than yours" <- Love this! Though, mine can certainly stand up to the challenge.
Thank you! I actually went to take a peak at your story, looks interesting even though it is fueled by hatred and revenge, at least that's the vibe I get from the synopsys. Might read it when I have a bit more of free time :blob_uwu:

If you're doing Patreon, having multiple stories is probably the way to go. Especially a Patreon exclusive story. Probably Smut. :blob_pout:
I would say launch it when your story is most active?
Thank you for the tips! :blob_okay::blob_melt:
When you make a Patreon post you can select the tier of it. Then when you make the next week's tier you will simply have to edit the previous chapter to be available to tier 1, and make next tier 2.
Yeah, that's what I did... But sadly I don't have the time to change it every week e-e'' So I guess I have to do something else ~ Thank you anyways