People thinking your profession is magic

Marmalade

Kitsune-in-training
So, there are a few jobs here and there that the general public has very little knowledge of.

Like I am a psychology student, and strangers often ask me stuff like, "how do i make my child study more?"

And i see a lot of programmers on internet saying how people just ask them to 'make a site for free' or 'fix my computer'
My own brother was an electrical engineer and our nieghbour one day asked him to fix their TV.

So, what magical job do you have?
I'm an artist so that means I'm basically a free person to call whenever someone needs to paint a wall :-)

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
Teacher/Lawyer/Graphic Artist/Computer Technician/Businessman/Future baker. Lol

Teacher, and people often ask me a lot of general information stuff, but they believe what they see in TikTok anyway.

Lawyer, and people would ask me about their cases, without realizing they're 'hiring' me already.

Graphic artist/Animator, and people would ask me where's the hentai?

Computer Technician, and people would ask me to fix their phones.

Businessman, and people would ask me to help them with money. (I reject them.)

Future baker...if they're gonna ask me to bake them some free bread, I'd create one with a shape of a d*ck.
Could have saved yourself sometime and said 'Main Character'.

As for me I am a cook, I hardly cook at home, but when I do people always want more.

Also I am apparently designated maid, because nobody in my house cleans for themselves. I left for a week on vacation before they were wanting me back, dishes were flooding out onto the countertops and maggots were spawning in the garbage disposal.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I will be the domestic terrorist for hire to test out your capital's enforcement efficiency. My rates range from mild tomfoolery (mass animal transmigration, turning all water source into wine) to large-scale pranks (wizardry 9/11, mass fireball-ing).

I do not cover the costs of potential mortality and all risks will go back to the employer.

No you may not have a say on the planning phase. That would disrupt the job's purpose, no?

Redemit

Basically anything medical related my mom is a nurse but everyone in the family treats her like their own on call doctor/pharmacist

GreenHexagon

Error: Forbidden
I'm decently enough at coding in python. Unfortunately, 99% of the time, if I tell this to someone, they immediately assume that I'm good as java or c or c++.

You cannot imagine how many times someone has asked me to fix their code that is in a whole different language than I'm used to.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
Teacher/Lawyer/Graphic Artist/Computer Technician/Businessman/Future baker. Lol

Teacher, and people often ask me a lot of general information stuff, but they believe what they see in TikTok anyway.

Lawyer, and people would ask me about their cases, without realizing they're 'hiring' me already.

Graphic artist/Animator, and people would ask me where's the hentai?

Computer Technician, and people would ask me to fix their phones.

Businessman, and people would ask me to help them with money. (I reject them.)

Future baker...if they're gonna ask me to bake them some free bread, I'd create one with a shape of a d*ck.
where's the hentai?

Okay

The Bored but Lazy
Don't have a job right now, but I do play piano. Then people ask me what's my favourite song. I reply 'death metal' (since I have no fav), and then they look at me weird, and say, 'huh. I thought you would listen to classical.'

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
So, there are a few jobs here and there that the general public has very little knowledge of.

Like I am a psychology student, and strangers often ask me stuff like, "how do i make my child study more?"

And i see a lot of programmers on internet saying how people just ask them to 'make a site for free' or 'fix my computer'
My own brother was an electrical engineer and our nieghbour one day asked him to fix their TV.

So, what magical job do you have?
I have the magical ability to Google better than the average bear.
farmer and cook, i swear the amount of ppl who have a clue how those jobs actually work is close nonexistent
Buddy, i think ive watched enough Hell's kitchen to know how to run a restaurant.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Translator/Editor. So people always tell me to get a new job since google will take over my job soon.
I always have to tell them my by now fully-remembered lesson on how language is basically psychology and that as long as we don't get skynet or the Matrix my job is safe.

And since I can transfer meaning from language A to language B, they think I can magically write anything...

Agentt

Thighs
Translator/Editor. So people always tell me to get a new job since google will take over my job soon.
I always have to tell them my by now fully-remembered lesson on how language is basically psychology and that as long as we don't get skynet or the Matrix my job is safe.

And since I can transfer meaning from language A to language B, they think I can magically write anything...
Oh, i have tried using google to translate novels, believe me, you will be so fine for atleast a few decades