People thinking your profession is magic

Agentt

Thighs
So, there are a few jobs here and there that the general public has very little knowledge of.

Like I am a psychology student, and strangers often ask me stuff like, "how do i make my child study more?"

And i see a lot of programmers on internet saying how people just ask them to 'make a site for free' or 'fix my computer'
My own brother was an electrical engineer and our nieghbour one day asked him to fix their TV.

So, what magical job do you have?

LostLibrarian

I'm the guy who writes the tools programmers use to make that magic stuff happen...
So I'm kinda like the person who creates the magic system :D

Also, I have a masters degree in physics... so most of the time people come and ask me "is it true that (stupid thought)?" or "Couldn't we do (simple thing) to solve the problem you guys couldn't solve for two hundred years?"...

D

Deleted member 54065

Teacher/Lawyer/Graphic Artist/Computer Technician/Businessman/Future baker. Lol

Teacher, and people often ask me a lot of general information stuff, but they believe what they see in TikTok anyway.

Lawyer, and people would ask me about their cases, without realizing they're 'hiring' me already.

Graphic artist/Animator, and people would ask me where's the hentai?

Computer Technician, and people would ask me to fix their phones.

Businessman, and people would ask me to help them with money. (I reject them.)

Future baker...if they're gonna ask me to bake them some free bread, I'd create one with a shape of a d*ck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zinless

How do I
Future baker...if they're gonna ask me to bake them some free bread, I'd create one with a shape of a d*ck.
I have tried, it's harder than it seems
Done it before, accidentally though.

Put two circular-shaped dough on a tray right underneath an oval-shaped one. The tray got tilted while I was lifting it and the three of them got stuck to each other, so I was forced to just put them in the oven. The result was surprisingly well crafted, you wouldn't think it was accidental. (It was huge too, since it was 3 combined into 1)

Do note, this is bread dough, not cookie dough. Cookies are a different breed...

Last edited:

Agentt

Thighs
Also, "doughs" is the correct plural for dough right? Then why is it red-lined?
No, there is no plural for dough.

Dough is uncountable, like sugar or money. There are no words such as moneys or sugars.
You don't say you have 2 sugar, you can say you have two grains of sugar.

Similarly, you can have 2 piles or balls of dough, but not doughs.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
Electrician. Considering that I'm the type which should be bad with technology, I'm somehow quite an expert when it comes to repairing broken things. Not much a professional with it but at least should be able to repair stuff when in an emergency.

Scam Artist. If not for being a nervous wreck and a bad communicator, I would be one hell of a person who would be good when it comes to business. One time in a store, someone tried to scam me of an item which was way too high for a defective product. Considering I was pissed off at that time(my brother forced me to head to the mall to buy groceries), I was acting calm and scammed the scammer to sell me the item he had to below of its original price(not the scammer's price but the original defective price). I didn't realize that i actually scammed the scammer till someone had laughed at me for buying a defective item from a scammer and told me how much it was(which I was shocked that I actually got the scammer scammed instead).

Investigator/stalker. During my kid years, I have notebooks detailing all the people I followed(until I gave up doing my stalker stuff due to not having enough notebooks to store the information). Considering I how much information I stored in my notebook, I can safely say that being a paparazzi would be quite easy since the blackmail I could collect would even put a saint to infamy.

Fortuneteller. Instinct can make you dodge without even see where the attack would hit but can it let you predict the future? Yes. And I'm the prime example. There was one time my sister had introduce me to one of her friends and her friend was dating this guy, thinking both of them being happy being together for a long time. I come in to see her chatting with my sister and boasting her boyfriend when I stopped and told something shocking.

'Big Sis. You better broke up with that guy or you'll hurt yourself.' Listen here. I did not know who my sister's friend is, I didn't even see her boyfriend. And I'm sure as hell don't even know much about their relationship. One thing is for certain, I just had an unpleasant feeling in my gut and only just listening to their conversation did I instinctively told her that. Of course my sister scolded me for saying something like that out of nowhere, her friend even got mad at me for even telling something from my gut. But did you know what happened next?

Next day, she came running into my sister, bawling her eyes out and telling what happened. Can you guess it? Yup. Her boyfriend cheated on her with another woman and he been doing it for a few years now. And by some miracle like I had already foretold of the events, it happened when she tried to surprise him after he told her he was sick and not just humping another woman right in front of her.

I also have a few more hidden skills not mention but i'm kinda lazy to write more so thats it. And all these skills had to happen in exchange for being retarded and the drawing skills of a stickman which isn't even straight.

Zinless

How do I
No, there is no plural for dough.

Dough is uncountable, like sugar or money. There are no words such as moneys or sugars.
You don't say you have 2 sugar, you can say you have two grains of sugar.

Similarly, you can have 2 piles or balls of dough, but not doughs.
Sometimes I hate English...

That's why I'm learning German instead!
zwei Teige bitte!

BlackKnightX

I’m not sure I have a job, but people call me many things. Some call me a bastard, although my parents are legitimate. Some call me an asshole, and I always have to answer them I don’t swing that way—and even if I did, it would be the other way around (no further comment). Some call me a fucker, and I say, “How the hell do you know that? Did your mom tell you?” People are weird son of a gun, indeed.

Last edited:

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
So, there are a few jobs here and there that the general public has very little knowledge of.

Like I am a psychology student, and strangers often ask me stuff like, "how do i make my child study more?"

And i see a lot of programmers on internet saying how people just ask them to 'make a site for free' or 'fix my computer'
My own brother was an electrical engineer and our nieghbour one day asked him to fix their TV.

Junior brother. It would be racism.
4F41BC8A-BE6B-4980-A90F-27E03F6DF5C0.jpeg

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
Interestingly enough, my hobbies and profession are such that I almost always manage to do the 'magic-how-am-I-supposed-to-know-it' stuff when asked. Though me not communicating much also plays a role