Pickin Fights With Other Sites! Scribblehub Banzai! <(`^´)>

LWFlouisa

RR has started becoming really hostile to LGBT works (refusal to have a tag because “it’d all be smut”, refusal to remove hate reviews from homophobes and nazis), so I’ve switched full on to SH until further notice.

So that wasn't just my impression? I have mixed feelings as I think Wattpad's approach is way overkill, much like ... certain youtube communities. And yet I also dislike the phobias that are present on other platforms.

So it's this weird catch-22. ( Ex. Certain things I write would not make sense, if people didn't know I was also trans. )

I don't talk about that much, but it does flavor my work.

My main work is basically "Pre Transition Anxieties, The Novel". Which is why it's been such a pain to edit.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2533

I wondered what will become of Scribblehub too. I think it's not too far off to know what it is due to its almost liberal nature of things. Majority of the works here are of or somehow related to 'wishfulfillments'. I too, am guilty of this. I've been looking for some action - explosion, gory death, etc. Hence, my series'.

Here they can express what they've been looking for in a webnovel. The most common genre I've been seeing here are of those harems (smut??), especially japan-esque type. So yeah, I think it'll lean that way.

UnknownSaint171

I've picked up the pen and drawn my battle lines for the glory of Scribblehub. Currently looking for more to join the army or provide useful information (for fun).

Motivation: I have sorta ingrained myself more and more in this website as of late. Now I really like the site design, it's free, community is good, advertisement is great+free, and the stories are my style. My loyalties lie with Scribblehub now and I was wondering about the competition/enemies.

Wondering how the battle goes,
against the many foes.
Dire straights?
Somber woes?

How is Scribblehub comparing to competition for the number of users (authors and writers), internet traffic, stories posted, and general community sentiment?

Anything else you feel like saying? Huh, yeah, talkin ta you. Scream it out in text format.

Known thine enemies! What other websites are there for competition in this kind of online writing style and platform? I can think of a few.
Royalroadl.com
Webnovel.com
Wattpad

Anyways. Let's do battle with them. Full on war. Not sure how this is gonna work (I'm just slowly writing a story LAWL), but just punch first and ask questions later. Steal their souls.

P.S. I'm not sure if this thread is coherent and comprehensible, but that's alright since I wasn't trying to be.
You forgot about TapRead
Anyways, I think RR is still pretty good. A lot of amazing works there that you can’t find anywhere else and I like the community though it feels SH is more active now in days

I like Ao3 myself.

I can write a lot of shit as I please.

Some stories had so much tags, it's almost a meme. For example: is it non-con to use a carrot as a sexual object.

Moshi

I like Ao3 myself.

I can write a lot of shit as I please.

Some stories had so much tags, it's almost a meme. For example: is it non-con to use a carrot as a sexual object.

Ah yes, Ao3 tags. One of the few things worse than tumblr tags.

They're still hilarious though.

LWFlouisa

I wish sites like Wattpad and Scribblehub become more common more generally, and not as caught up about the social issues presence with the rather cluttered message boards sometimes.

Minor complaint, more because my focus is kind of ... fragmentary anyway.

Zoey

Mustachu
An hour after making an account for RR I got two PMs for girls who what to f*** in your neighborhood.

I then spent ten minutes trying to find the block button.

Now I wish I didn't delete those messages so I could show you them.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
An hour after making an account for RR I got two PMs for girls who what to f*** in your neighborhood.

And I thought I was horny

LWFlouisa

Fanfiction.net has that problem as well.

MrDarkness1234

Dark Matter of All Evil
And also oh shit I might have to censor some shit on story about psykers later on cause of fucking Google being a bitch

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
And also oh shit I might have to censor some shit on story about psykers later on cause of fucking Google being a bitch
don't worry bro just go play Animal Crossing: New Leaf on your Nintendo 3DS, it's a good game bro ngl some dude on my pc screen recommended me and its pretty fun

LostinMovement

Wattpad, while more liberal than RR, is a brutal place for newcomers. Their trending page is also the same YA crap of the same genre, which is a similar problem to what SH has. SH is more chill overall and in here, a writer can find an audience even for their most 'questionable' of works. RR is where you can find works with actual quality and less pandering for fetishization. My problem with RR is how strict they are with certain genres, specially the LGBT+ genre.

All things aside, SH has the best community in my opinion and sometimes that's what a novice writer might need the most.

LWFlouisa

One thing I'm not sold here by: for every bug report you bring up, there is at least that one person that argues against it in bad faith, rather than actually trying to analyze what you're saying.

And they're super eager to turn that around on you as well.