Please give me extremely harsh reviews- no i am not a masochist

Jemini

I usually don't do these kinds of requests, but decided to just take a swing at it today. I just took a quick 2 minute skim over your 1st chapter. Saw several problems even at that light glance-over. Didn't really look deep enough to actually understand what was going on, but from what I saw I think that some of the fault can lie with the writing on this subject as well because the writing technique you were employing was doing a rather bad job of getting information across.

Alright, I will start off.

" I hate the Blue Sky"

What is this line even doing here?" It is not followed up on or referenced in any way. Maybe it was an attempt to set the character's personality, but you have later lines doing just fine for that so it's unnecessary. Best I can tell, maybe you might have been trying to say something shocking to draw in the reader? Well, it actually has the exact opposite effect. With how transparent it is with that effort, it actually forces me to become conscious of the author using literary techniques, which breaks immersion and is alienating to the reader.

The writing would be better if you just straight up deleted this line and left it with the introduction of the MC. The introduction would make the pace feel a little more mellow, and thus make the bout of cursing that immediately follows more impactful.

Speaking of the cursing, you re-use the term "hell" too much, and you also begin paragraphs with a curse too often. That repetition of the same technique, once again, makes me conscious of the writer and breaks immersion.

Another problem is the way you are using these bouts of cursing to break up your exposition. Your whole chapter, basically what I saw was "exposition, exposition, almost completely pointless curse, exposition, exposition, exposition, curse just for effect, exposition, exposition." It creates a choppy feel to things. It also makes the cursing feel incredibly out of place and, once again, makes me conscious of techniques being used.

There are generally only two places you should use curses in your writing. 1st. Is as part of dialogue. 2nd is when it punctuates an action performed by the protagonist, and is in a place where it makes sense for a person to curse. It should not feel like it just came out of nowhere for no reason.

This would be an example of you having weak pros. Pros is basically anything you don't have in quotation marks. By dictionary definition, it is defined as writing that has a natural delivery and tone, as though you are actually listening to a person talking like they would talk to another person in front of them. It's a strange approach to giving dictionary definitions, but for some reason the dictionary definition of pros actually happens to be a writing tip on how to write better pros. Because, that's the best way to do it. Just focus on writing your pros as though it is a person talking. People do not naturally talk that way, going on about describing something factual and then suddenly breaking into random cursing every few lines.

Anyway, that's as deep as I'm willing to dive into this. I decided to help out a little, but I value my time too much to dedicate un-paid time to doing a deep dive on a piece of writing I wouldn't be interested in reading for my casual entertainment without prompting.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
How To Create Another World | Scribble Hub

So, its a story about a guy who is a scientist, he goes through a rather interesting change, and discovers that people might not take too kindly to him.
you're asking for being treated as an M... shf kindly takes in M's you know? Don't worry. Go to @Napelynn @Agentt and @Draconite to learn how to be an expressive M.

Anyhow... my review...

First of all, there are some unnecessary sentences in there. Such as the very beginning of your story.
" I hate the Blue Sky"

Second, the quotations marks are weirdly formatted. You should take some time to minimize the " this is an example of a type of sentence you wrote." Don't go putting a space between the first quote and the first word of a sentence. It honestly just really bugs me when I read it.
" I hate the Blue Sky"

" Bloody hell, i didn't even do anything thing this time"

" What the hell.... I'm seeing things", shaking his head at his possible senility, he trudges along to home.

" But i had no choice anyway....", he said while looking at the floor, at the box that brought all this misery. Months prior, some wild stuff occurred, while walking home, something hit his head from the sky, knocking him out cold with blood everywhere. Waking up at the hospital, he noticed a ball in his hand, strangely when asked he asked the staff, they looked at him like crazy and said there is no ball, even though he was waving around like crazy.

" 'is this like that anime show, with the book of death or something', i thought

" damn't i have to train again"

" Nobody will believe me anyway"

" Time to have some nightmares"

" I'm late!!!"

"What the hell"

" As the long as the speed and compression increased, their would a positive feedback loop, that would create a runaway effect"

" Wait a second,i don't even have a body, where would i even bring glass........" he said, then he looked at the only place possible.
Third, the anticlimactic plot was also weird. You went from being completely monotone throughout the chapter to an EXCLAMATION IN ALL CAPS WITH TONS OF EXCLAMATION MARKS!!! There was absolutely no tension building up, yet you added those in. I would personally add in some feeling in the middle of your chapter to make the ending exclamation more plausible.

Fourth, your I's aren't in the best shape. Pronouns are capitalized.
" Bloody hell, i didn't even do anything thing this time"

" But i had no choice anyway....", he said while looking at the floor, at the box that brought all this misery. Months prior, some wild stuff occurred, while walking home, something hit his head from the sky, knocking him out cold with blood everywhere. Waking up at the hospital, he noticed a ball in his hand, strangely when asked he asked the staff, they looked at him like crazy and said there is no ball, even though he was waving around like crazy.

" damn't i have to train again"

" Wait a second,i don't even have a body, where would i even bring glass........" he said, then he looked at the only place possible.

Fifth, your onomatopoeias are placed weirdly.
Then something happened, the globe got small enough to the naked eye instantly, then it got smaller and smaller, Crack
That's a serious sentence in the first chapter. Literally no accurate punctuation.

Sixth, you use the same phrase too many times.
" What the hell.... I'm seeing things", shaking his head at his possible senility, he trudges along to home.

What the hellam i looking at

"What the hell"

'What the hell"
Remember, varying sentence structures are a necessary part of a story.

My thoughts on the plot: you introduced it way too quickly.

LunaSoltaer

Spicy Transbian
Okay... a lot of other stuff got covered by other writers, and I'm not gonna harp too badly because I know when NaNoWriMo's over I'm going to want to throw all of my NaNoWriMo work into a trash fire...

but.... (and I'm going to be more harsh than usual for theatrics. Specifically because you requested it.)

The ball was metal but bronze colored. he thought he was senile from the stress and injury, till when he took a nap and woke up in darkness, just absolute darkness, he couldn't see anything and he couldn't feel anything. I woke up later, but kept having the same dream, he disturbed him to the point he had night terrors and insomnia lasting days. I ran away from the city and bought a home at thruway prices from a friend. Living by myself with nature didn't solve anything, I kept having the same dream.

I know it has something to do with that ball that i have tried to throw away yet it reappears every time in my bedroom, it got so freaky and i got an idea to tried to record myself doing it, and still it would somehow pluck itself like actually vanishing and then reappearing, i posted it and everyone told me i was click baiting with bad computer generation. Which gave me a thought, if people see it disappearing and coming back then, I'm not losing my mind. Then what the hell is happening.

You wanna tell me what in the holy moon-touched breeding grounds this sudden perspective shift is about? ARE YOU FUCKING JAKIM OR NOT.

You don't get to try to delude me into thinking you're a narrator and a character at the same fucking time! Plural is one thing, Astral Projection is something else, buster!

Damn't , push with all you got, i concentrated on the darkness to one place, my palm.

"Damn't !!!!!!"

Then everything starts moving quickly in a instant, it became one, all of it was in one place, everything,

I can see, i can see!!!

I clamped my mouth shut when i notice a shadowy place with grey and white, and black mixed together churning and moving. But that wasn't what shocked me, it was the darkness, their it was a ball in the middle of the place. It was a globe of darkness, a black hole.

What the hell am i looking at

And now you're fucking TIME TRAVELING TOO? And your narrator voice got interrupted so fucking hard you lost your goddamn punctuation? What the hell (bolded because this word sees a lot of use) is wrong with you!!

A few hours later, i being scolded for my mishap. But tomorrow the weekend can start. I started studying the darkness, when i got home, i got a book on the way, about enetring your dreams without sleeping, mediations. It was some stupid mumbo jumbo. But Jakim needed to start somewhere, spending a couple hours reading it and practicing, he went into the dream state.

Holy Shit! You managed to tell me with a straight face that you were, and then weren't, Jakim in the same paragraph!!!! Make up your scrambled egg soup of a mind!!

Okay, so something you really need to do is figure out whether you're going to be writing in first person or third. It sounds like you're going for third person limited omniscient. But you very much break into first person sometimes. Is the first person character different from Jakim? If so, you really sorely need to make that more clear. Otherwise, pick a perspective and keep it.

Tense: Past or present for your events. Don't suddenly dip into present when you're writing past. I am probably a damn hypocrite because I know I fucked this up drafting Solstice chapters, and one of those screwups probably made it into publication, but you don't give the impression that you bouncing between past and present is deliberate, or stylistic. I really do think you just forgot what tense you were writing in. So as above, pick a tense and keep it.

Lorelliad

If you love me, tie my hair 🎵
People can be cruel here... you probably shouldn't have asked them to do it harshly...

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
People can be cruel here... you probably shouldn't have asked them to do it harshly...
oh, we might just have pent up frustration at our own style of writing, therefore wishing to take it out on another's... especially when they ask for it...

Lorelliad

If you love me, tie my hair 🎵
oh, we might just have pent up frustration at our own style of writing, therefore wishing to take it out on another's... especially when they ask for it...
He DID ask for it I guess..

LostLibrarian

Okay, then I'll be harsher than normal. I wouldn't read your novel. I wouldn't even open it. And the reason is rather simple: I think that my time is valuable and even when I read fast-food stories or "waste my time", I would rather pick stuff I think I'll enjoy in the long run.

The synopsis is bad. Really bad. So bad, that I question whether it's me who doesn't understood some joke or english proverb. My mind only points toward grammar problems in a two-sentence synopsis. Following that, I scroll down to your chapter list. And that's where I stop.

You start your first chapter just with its number, your second chapter contains a written number and a name, the following chapters use numbers once more, but change up the blanks between the hyphen and the name of the chapter.

It's a little thing overall, but that presentation screams one thing at me: the author doesn't care. He didn't take the time to work through his synopsis, he didn't take 5 seconds to decide on the chapter naming, he just does whatever he feels like.

You want me to invest my time, hours or even days with long-running stories, but your first impression screams "I don't care about my story!". If you don't care, why should I care?

I read stories with bad or even missing covers if they make me interested. I can suffer through bad grammar and even some forced plots if I like the overall atmosphere of a story. But the most important thing to me is that I see the heart an author put into a story. And these little things, that alltogether take an hour or two before you start publishing, scream "author doesn't care" at me.

So I don't care as well...