Please help me illustrate my story with the magic of AI

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Let me preface this by saying this was inspired by @LostLibrarian posting this thread:

Now, what I'm asking will take no skill but a lot of patience.
I played with the AI a bunch and found that repeating the same request several times gradually produced better results:

1.png

I started itching to try the premium tier, but would need to pay money to even sample the premium tier, so I found a better site. You can get some limited credits by logging in every day and access their premium stuff that way:

I'm not expecting great results right away. It may take weeks or months to get something worthy of including in my story, but go ahead and post the crappy art here so we can laugh at it:

Now, I'd like to see what you can come up with for my story and how it slowly improves over time. You can play with those AI generators or see if there's a better one out there somewhere. Just show me what you come up with for your favorite chapter!
Please don't forget to give me a one-star rating, if you haven't already:

K5Rakitan

....i tried to create you...

Thought that the concept of your baby sleeping soundly would be wholesome....

The result is just a nightmare...
Yikes. Keep trying. I'm sure something better will emerge.

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
I am curious, is it a learning AI or what? If it is, then if we just punch in random key phrases over and over again, rewarding it for the decent looking images and doing nothing for the awful ones, then we could have a genuine gold mine on our hands for cover makeage. The only downside being that it would take a lot of people, a lot of effort, and a lot of time till the AI could regularly reproduce even decent looking stuff.

K5Rakitan

I am curious, is it a learning AI or what? If it is, then if we just punch in random key phrases over and over again, rewarding it for the decent looking images and doing nothing for the awful ones, then we could have a genuine gold mine on our hands for cover makeage. The only downside being that it would take a lot of people, a lot of effort, and a lot of time till the AI could regularly reproduce even decent looking stuff.
I think it is learning. It's a better artist than my son already. He just scribbles for now. He can't even draw a circle yet. That's not expected until 3 years, and he's just 15 months old now, so he has plenty of time to develop that. Scribbling is expected at 18 months, and he's got all the 18-month milestones nailed:
Important Milestones: Your Baby By Three Years | CDC

Agentt

Thighs
I think it is learning. It's a better artist than my son already. He just scribbles for now. He can't even draw a circle yet. That's not expected until 3 years, and he's just 15 months old now, so he has plenty of time to develop that. Scribbling is expected at 18 months, and he's got all the 18-month milestones nailed:
Important Milestones: Your Baby By Three Years | CDC
It's not exactly learning, per say. The auto correct feature, for example, that learns. But this thing, if it were capable of learning, it would had created great results from the start since many before you have already taught it how to draw.

Like consider a human baby. You can teach it that clouds can be drawn by making swirls, and later it can use the same technique to draw, say sheep.

This algorithm, on other hand, depends on natural selectio. It only takes templates and sticks them randomly, and asks you how they are. If they are bad, they are completely rejected. It takes a look at your given prompt and sees what words you changed. That means the words you didn't change were perfect and the algorithm doesn't need to change anything it drew using those words, though it can still try to add a bit of randomness. Therefore, it only just slaps random hands, face, colours, backgrounds till something nice is achieved.

This is just an evolutionary algorithm hence it resets for every person using it.

K5Rakitan

It's not exactly learning, per say. The auto correct feature, for example, that learns. But this thing, if it were capable of learning, it would had created great results from the start since many before you have already taught it how to draw.

Like consider a human baby. You can teach it that clouds can be drawn by making swirls, and later it can use the same technique to draw, say sheep.

This algorithm, on other hand, depends on natural selectio. It only takes templates and sticks them randomly, and asks you how they are. If they are bad, they are completely rejected. It takes a look at your given prompt and sees what words you changed. That means the words you didn't change were perfect and the algorithm doesn't need to change anything it drew using those words, though it can still try to add a bit of randomness. Therefore, it only just slaps random hands, face, colours, backgrounds till something nice is achieved.

This is just an evolutionary algorithm hence it resets for every person using it.
Interesting! I'll keep that in mind as I experiment.

K5Rakitan

K5Rakitan

It seems to do better trying to make realistic people than anime people.

InfantryTerminator

It seems to do better trying to make realistic people than anime people.
Did you include right keywords like anime, drawing, art, etc? I didn't had problem with creating anime related things with some tinkering.

If you want something user friendly and not wonky, then try out Artbreeder. I remember that there is an anime-styled character generator

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
It’s kinda scary to see how much these free ai generated images have improved just over the last 2 years. I don’t doubt there will be a time when you will be able create accurate images of people doing whatever you want, and it will be indistinguishable from a photo.

K5Rakitan

Did you include right keywords like anime, drawing, art, etc? I didn't had problem with creating anime related things with some tinkering.

If you want something user friendly and not wonky, then try out Artbreeder. I remember that there is an anime-styled character generator
Yeah, I've included anime as a key word several times. It doesn't seem to help much in terms of making a person with one nose, one mouth, two eyes, etc.