Please vote between 3rd or 1st person.

Which perspective of these two do you prefer?

• 1st Person Past Tense

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • 3rd Person Limited Present Tense

Votes: 27 55.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
So I’ve finally finished my outline and I’m going to take a short break before writing a story.

Please vote for your preference. The vote will determine the perspective I’m going to take on a project I am going to write.

there are only two choices, when the poll closes in 3 days it will be the final choice.

Story will focus a lot on in depth thoughts about Justice, natural philosophy and action vs inaction.

It will follow one main character through most of it so the two options represent a more intimate perspective, it’s just I can’t decide which one to take.

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
past tense can get confusing at times, best keep it present

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
past tense can get confusing at times, best keep it present
1st person past would be like the narrator telling a story of himself. Present tense in first person is very difficult to write.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
1st person for mc's pov. 3rd person for the rest.
I’ve discovered that switching perspectives is too confusing for most readers, sticking to one is best.

Jemini

I refuse to vote in this poll. You only presented 2 of the 4 possible combinations of 1st-3rd and present-past tense. You can combine them any way you like, and I see this poll as invalid for only including 2 of the possible options.

Either isolate it to only 3rd limited Vs. 1st with no mentions of present Vs. past tense, or include all 4 possible combinations. Otherwise, it's an invalid poll.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
I refuse to vote in this poll. You only presented 2 of the 4 possible combinations of 1st-3rd and present-past tense. You can combine them any way you like, and I see this poll as invalid for only including 2 of the possible options.

Either isolate it to only 3rd limited Vs. 1st with no mentions of present Vs. past tense, or include all 4 possible combinations. Otherwise, it's an invalid poll.

If you read the opening post it’s a poll that will determine the perspective I’ll write, and my question is a preference between the two because I’m not writing 1st present or 3rd past.

You don’t have to vote if you don’t want too but I’ll be writing in the perspective/tense that wins.

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
2nd person conditional future that starts with "If you got rid of that ye ye ass haircut"

BEETLESME

1st person past would be like the narrator telling a story of himself. Present tense in the first person is very difficult to write.
Well, I always write in the first person and then convert to 2nd person ..since the first person is convenient for me

Onic

Past tense, omniscient 3rd Person POV. Nobody wants to read limited anymore, and both third-person limited and first-person POV are limited in their own way. People no longer want to use their brains to speculate or wait for your crumbs of information to make sense. They want the authors to slap the information in their faces right away.