(Poll) Are humans inherently evil or good?

Your Response?

• Evil

Votes: 14 15.9%
  • Good

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Both

Votes: 35 39.8%
  • Undefined

Votes: 33 37.5%

• Total voters

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
@someonesomeguy I mean, since the dawn of 'our' species specifically, empathy and self-sacrifice do probably come under the same level of primal instincts as self-preservation and apathy. Also, does nobody mention why society is 'restricting' us or preventing us from reverting to our 'wild' side—it's simply because we let it, at least for most of us, I guess. The majority of us choose to not be an ahole and feel empathetic enough to not harm others. And living and working together has a shit ton of perks, enough to be considered a very powerful survival trait.

Then, there's this good or evil thing, yes it's a made up concept—like the words I am writing, the society you're living in, the whole universe itself is mentioned via made-up names. So, how does telling that good and bad is a made up concept answer this made-up question? Just makes me think of you guys as a edgy edgy teen. The answer is obviously: Undefined. Since, you can't group all humans as good, you also can't group all humans as evil. Again, this is based on the current day, I guess western, distinctions of good and evil. The bs of saying, "uwu, what's good and evil, if it's not arbitary," is infuriating. Yes, they have a point but how is that relevant to the discussion? Why?
read the message directly above you.
characteristics we categorize as good are indeed primal.
I am literally arguing for that humans on average are good.
it's arbitrary sure but on average they are good.

if you put 10 humans in a forest and they would act on there instincts then they would cooperate. it's made up but those behavior are as much as instincts as anything

TachimeSan

actually no. people don't show compassion cause culture. people are naturally stupid and get angry and go to die and attack the enemy.

you don't see hordes of money fleeing when fighting other moneys.
lot of people die for community due to primal instincts.

it's not about propagating your genes but genes similar to you propagating.

what works is usually more primal.
selfishness is not efficient so not usually primal.
The mighty Silverback Gorilla will club another Male Gorilla to death just so he can keep his harem. The majestic Lion will kill every single one of the previous King's offspring just so the lionesses would go into heat again and accept his advances. The intellectual homosapiens male would fight each other for the opportunity to mate with a female homosapiens.

In a community of primitive people, if there is ever a crisis such as scarcity of food, you can bet that the people in that community would turn on each other to survive. Baser instincts is survival and propagating.

COLOC_Kid

morphing-state
Is being evil something that only humans are capable of? Is goodness always caused by intentional activity? Is rejecting humanity worth it? Your response? Don't answer the first two question if you're not human.
Truthfully humans are based of themselves first they protect each other because if you have a herd you are safe. to answer both questions humans are selfish not good or bad just selfish, when you feel empathetic or do something nice but because your either told to or you think that this will help you in someway one way people think your nice (BTW being nice attracts mates/partners so we sometimes do this unconsciously) so my final answer we are so selfish we don't even realize it. (this applies to other non magical animals as well)

Aaky

Good and Bad are concepts created by the human mind. In nature there's no such thing as good and Bad, only survival and instincts. If left alone without the hold of societal norms and laws, Humans will eventually revert back to their primitive baser instincts which prioritizes self preservation over any sense of righteousness.
I.e, evil.

TachimeSan

read the message directly above you.
characteristics we categorize as good are indeed primal.
I am literally arguing for that humans on average are good.
it's arbitrary sure but on average they are good.

if you put 10 humans in a forest and they would act on there instincts then they would cooperate. it's made up but those behavior are as much as instincts as anything
And I'm literally arguing that there's no such thing as good or bad, those are all concepts created by humans. If you put 10 modern humans in a forest with absolutely nothing then of course they would cooperate with each other as that would lead to a higher chance of survival. But if for example, like I said, a crisis were to appear, like for example a 100 wolves were to suddenly appear and attack that group, you can bet that none of those people would even think to save the other people, they would just run and hope they survive.

COLOC_Kid

morphing-state
actually no. people don't show compassion cause culture. people are naturally stupid and get angry and go to die and attack the enemy.

you don't see hordes of money fleeing when fighting other moneys.
lot of people die for community due to primal instincts.

it's not about propagating your genes but genes similar to you propagating.

what works is usually more primal.
selfishness is not efficient so not usually primal.
selfishness is what survival is all about.

Hey ancient homo sapien want to survive and eat go join other homo sapiens

Hey again homo sapien your about to get kicked out for stealing apologize

hey homo sapien you want a spouse why not go and harass other homo sapiens to find one

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
And I'm literally arguing that there's no such thing as good or bad, those are all concepts created by humans. If you put 10 modern humans in a forest with absolutely nothing then of course they would cooperate with each other as that would lead to a higher chance of survival. But if for example, like I said, a crisis were to appear, like for example a 100 wolves were to suddenly appear and attack that group, you can bet that none of those people would even think to save the other people, they would just run and hope they survive.
being good and being stupid are different. 10 humans can't do shit to wolves. now if it was an problem you could face they will fight

COLOC_Kid

morphing-state
again i will say this Good and Bad are made because of selfishness

COLOC_Kid

morphing-state
Humans do go for self preservation. When a crisis arise in a community, every single one of the people in that community will prioritize their own safety and/or prosperity over others. After all, the main purpose in life of any species is to pass on their genes on to the next generation. Humans are no different, if we revert to our baser instincts, self preservation will take over because we will prioritize our survival to ensure our genes are passed to our offspring.That's just Human nature.
Not totally remember a weak human can not survive alone

because we are selfish we will team up to survive

every thing humans do are selfish watch a youtube video selfish

write a reply to this reply selfish everything is based off the theory of philosopher nietzsche

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
Not evil, survival.
obviously good and evil is made up but in times of crisis humans self sacrifice a lot. it's just what evolutionary is efficient and evolved behavior.

lot of people will fight for there family. it's basically question of saving tribe.

running away alone is not effective evolution. it's not just about preserving your genes but genes similar to yourself.

they do what works for survival best.
Not totally remember a weak human can not survive alone

because we are selfish we will team up to survive

every thing humans do are selfish watch a youtube video selfish

write a reply to this reply selfish everything is based off the theory of philosopher nietzsche

it's not even about selfishness that's also arbitrary. humans just do what they feel like.

and some behavior humans are more likely to feel than others due to evolution.
humans always do bullshit which isn't selfish. example procrastination or not working or doing drugs

TachimeSan

being good and being stupid are different. 10 humans can't do shit to wolves. now if it was an problem you could face they will fight
Like I said, if ever a crisis were to appear, humans will basically prioritize their own safety and security over others. Let's say that for some reason, in today's society, food or water ran out, what do you think will happen?

TachimeSan

in times of crisis humans self sacrifice a lot.
Not really, remember at the start of the pandemic when people panicked and bought all the toilet papers, alcohol, sanitizers, face masks, etc. they could get their hands on without thinking of other people? Yeaaah.

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
Like I said, if ever a crisis were to appear, humans will basically prioritize their own safety and security over others. Let's say that for some reason, in today's society, food or water ran out, what do you think will happen?
Not really, remember at the start of the pandemic when people panicked and bought all the toilet papers, alcohol, sanitizers, face masks, etc. they could get their hands on without thinking of other people? Yeaaah.

being smart and being good are very different.

TachimeSan

lot of people will fight for there family. it's basically question of saving tribe.
When I said humans will prioritize their safety first more than others, I didn't mean that a single human.

A family will undoubtedly stick together, but if a man of the house were to see his family starving, I'm willing to bet that he'd have no problem killing another family just to ensure his own Family's survival.

ZynGrand

The Winds Of Change Will Erode All Things.
Somebody once stole my cookie and now I am actively trying to destroy humanity.

I'm like this so obviously everyone else is as well, to some degree.

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
When I said humans will prioritize their safety first more than others, I didn't mean that a single human.

A family will undoubtedly stick together, but if a man of the house were to see his family starving, I'm willing to bet that he'd have no problem killing another family just to ensure his own Family's survival.
it's good of the tribe >> good of humanity.

it doesn't happen much in practice cause clear cut scenario where you have to either kill or be killed are rare

TachimeSan

it's good of the tribe >> good of humanity.

it doesn't happen much in practice cause clear cut scenario where you have to either kill or be killed are rare
That's the point. I've been saying this since the beginning. In a crisis, humans will prioritize their own safety and prosperity over others. They resort to their BASER INSTINCTS, kill or be killed, eat or be eaten, nature. You keep arguing that Humans are generally good, where in fact good and bad are man-made concepts that disappear when push comes to shove.

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
well I basically meant that was dumb companies would have obviously restocked.

why is me dying without mask better than someone else dying without mask