(Poll) Are humans inherently evil or good?

Your Response?

• Evil

Votes: 14 15.9%
  • Good

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Both

Votes: 35 39.8%
  • Undefined

Votes: 33 37.5%

• Total voters

Leti

Is being evil something that only humans are capable of? Is goodness always caused by intentional activity? Is rejecting humanity worth it? Your response? Don't answer the first two question if you're not human.

TachimeSan

Good and Bad are concepts created by the human mind. In nature there's no such thing as good and Bad, only survival and instincts. If left alone without the hold of societal norms and laws, Humans will eventually revert back to their primitive baser instincts which prioritizes self preservation over any sense of righteousness.

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
evil and playing by game theory is natural state of life.
life and evolution propagates that's the law.
humanity is a necessary adaptation for that goal.

knowledge of good or evil doesn't actually mean anything .
evil is not ddefined by guilt but by effect.

humans on average are good it's beneficial so it's the ddominant trait

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
I literally don't know how to remove it. I also tried sending without it but it doesn't leave my message
Good and Bad are concepts created by the human mind. In nature there's no such thing as good and Bad, only survival and instincts. If left alone without the hold of societal norms and laws, Humans will eventually revert back to their primitive baser instincts which prioritizes self preservation over any sense of righteousness.
humans won't go to self preservation .
self preservation isn't more primal than working in groups.
on average working in groups will be observed with real compassion for memebers of group and others who are unknown.

Leti

on average working in groups will be observed with real compassion for memebers of group and others who are unknown.
Please refrain from doubleposting in this forum. Use the edit function. I might be merciful, but Alice Tony isn't. Thanks.

lilGoat

I don't think it's evil as much as it's self-centered.
It may be expressed in a malicious way either for self preservation or just with blatant disregard towards others, but I don't think it's outright evil for the sake of being evil.
I think those who commit evil acts for pure enjoyment are few and far in between.

Minx

Procrastinator Mongrel
It's how they grew up from young that decided whether they became evil or good.

Shiromoon

I want to think we are inherently good, so I will feel at ease

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
to commit for pleasure doesn't mean shit.
it's an arbitrary and meaningless distinction.
there is no point in making sadism and evil same.
you can be sadist towards animals and good.
and compassionate and evil

Leti

to commit for pleasure doesn't mean shit.
it's an arbitrary and meaningless distinction.
there is no point in making sadism and evil same.
you can be sadist towards animals and good.
and compassionate and evil
Thank you for telling me that. Now I feel at ease.

Angry_Clown

only survival and instincts
But also boredom and masturbation.

Several dolphin species are notorious for this. Along with getting high on puffer-fish.

Cats (big and small), hyenas, foxes, and honey badgers kill and maim tons of other animals just because they can.

This behaviour is not limited to carnivores. Elephants and rhinos will also fuck each other up regularly
Is being evil something that only humans are capable of?
Yes. Because humanity invented the notion.

Daitengu

Good and evil are just arbitrary labels for actions on an ever shifting wheel of morality.

History shows good and evil are only ever defined by the winner.

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
Thank you for telling me that. Now I feel at ease.
It's just arbitrary degrees of separation people put.
I killed man got money used money for pleasure.
I killed got pleasure.
I killed cause he made a mark upon my honor. I killed because he looked down on me. (these two can even be given some leeway but they are efficiently that evil)
as long as its not I killed cause he would call the cops and I will live in jail .its all the same evil

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
humans are not special hell monkeys masturbate. cursed my eyes this Wikipedia. oh and males loims kill cubs cause mother won't matebe if she has cubs.

Loin king realestic with scar will be way more fucked up

kudos to loin mother for practicality

TachimeSan

Humans do go for self preservation. When a crisis arise in a community, every single one of the people in that community will prioritize their own safety and/or prosperity over others. After all, the main purpose in life of any species is to pass on their genes on to the next generation. Humans are no different, if we revert to our baser instincts, self preservation will take over because we will prioritize our survival to ensure our genes are passed to our offspring.That's just Human nature.

Last edited:

Arkus86

Good and evil are subjective concepts created by humans. What one considers good, another can consider evil and vice versa.

Let's take elaborate on the usual isekai trope for example. A hero is summoned to kill the demon lord, who represents a threat to humanity. Said hero unquestionigly embarks on a journey, spearheding a full-on invasion until he finally slays the demon lord, shattering the demon's unity and leaving them vurneable. What remains unsaid, is the demon lord united the demons to fight back against the humans, who were before then winning in a war going on for so long, nobody even knows how it started anymore. Of course, without him the humans slaughter and repress the demons without any real opposition due to prejudice and amassed grudges, just like the demons would have done had they won.

Now tell, who is good and who is evil?

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
Humans do go for self preservation. When a crisis arise in a community, every single one of the people in that community will prioritize their own safety and/or prosperity over others. After all, the main purpose in life of any species is to pass on their genes on to the next generation. Humans are no different, if we revert to our baser instincts, self preservation will take over because we will prioritize our survival to ensure our genes are passed to our offspring.That's just Human nature.
actually no. people don't show compassion cause culture. people are naturally stupid and get angry and go to die and attack the enemy.

you don't see hordes of money fleeing when fighting other moneys.
lot of people die for community due to primal instincts.

it's not about propagating your genes but genes similar to you propagating.

what works is usually more primal.
selfishness is not efficient so not usually primal.

Last edited:

SaddyStorm

@someonesomeguy I mean, since the dawn of 'our' species specifically, empathy and self-sacrifice do probably come under the same level of primal instincts as self-preservation and apathy. Also, does nobody mention why society is 'restricting' us or preventing us from reverting to our 'wild' side—it's simply because we let it, at least for most of us, I guess. The majority of us choose to not be an ahole and feel empathetic enough to not harm others. And living and working together has a shit ton of perks, enough to be considered a very powerful survival trait.

Then, there's this good or evil thing, yes it's a made up concept—like the words I am writing, the society you're living in, the whole universe itself is mentioned via made-up names. So, how does telling that good and bad is a made up concept answer this made-up question? Just makes me think of you guys as a edgy edgy teen. The answer is obviously: Undefined. Since, you can't group all humans as good, you also can't group all humans as evil. Again, this is based on the current day, I guess western, distinctions of good and evil. The bs of saying, "uwu, what's good and evil, if it's not arbitary," is infuriating. Yes, they have a point but how is that relevant to the discussion? Why?

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
@someonesomeguy I mean, since the dawn of 'our' species specifically, empathy and self-sacrifice do probably come under the same level of primal instincts as self-preservation and apathy. Also, does nobody mention why society is 'restricting' us or preventing us from reverting to our 'wild' side—it's simply because we let it, at least for most of us, I guess. The majority of us choose to not be an ahole and feel empathetic enough to not harm others. And living and working together has a shit ton of perks, enough to be considered a very powerful survival trait.

Then, there's this good or evil thing, yes it's a made up concept—like the words I am writing, the society you're living in, the whole universe itself is mentioned via made-up names. So, how does telling that good and bad is a made up concept answer this made-up question? Just makes me think of you guys as a edgy edgy teen. The answer is obviously: Undefined. Since, you can't group all humans as good, you also can't group all humans as evil. Again, this is based on the current day, I guess western, distinctions of good and evil. The bs of saying, "uwu, what's good and evil, if it's not arbitary," is infuriating. Yes, they have a point but how is that relevant to the discussion? Why?
read the message directly above you.
characteristics we categorize as good are indeed primal.
I am literally arguing for that humans on average are good.
it's arbitrary sure but on average they are good.