Poll Feature Is Live

Tony

Staff member
This took a lot longer than I expected because I wanted a ton of features for it but it's finally here :blob_party:

Features
  • Set maximum number of votes per user allowed
  • Option to display voters publicly
  • Able to close poll after X date
  • Add poll to beginning of chapter or end of chapter
I'm trying to make it sound cool but it's basically just a poll feature :blobrofl:

Anyways, you can add a new poll when you're adding or editing your chapter:
poll3.jpg

poll1.jpg
poll2.jpg

If you would like to test out the poll feature as a user, I created a test poll here: https://www.scribblehub.com/read/16963-test-novel/chapter/23570/

On an ending note, if you have a suggestion on how to improve the site, please suggest it here: https://forum.scribblehub.com/forums/suggestions-bug-reports.5/. I can't reply to every single thread because it's a bit time consuming (sorry!) but I have read everything there.

Thanks!

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Dude this is perfect i been waiting for something like this. Later on its going to drastically increase the interactiveness between the readers and my story. If only webnovel had the same features...the majority of my reader base is over there...

TLCsDestiny

Awesome, I put one on my next chapter to give it a shot! I think it's a great idea, it's like...A lazy way to get to see what your readers are thinking! I mean, all they might be up for is ticking a box, instead of typing...

tak

Now waiting for those choose-your-own-story interactive:blob_popcorn:

TLCsDestiny

Is there a way to see the ones u created without going to each seperate chapter?

Tony

Staff member
Is there a way to see the ones u created without going to each seperate chapter?

I didn't think of that but it's been added. You can view which chapters has a poll by going into the dashboard:

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
This took a lot longer than I expected because I wanted a ton of features for it but it's finally here :blob_party:

Features
  • Set maximum number of votes per user allowed
  • Option to display voters publicly
  • Able to close poll after X date
  • Add poll to beginning of chapter or end of chapter
I'm trying to make it sound cool but it's basically just a poll feature :blobrofl:

Anyways, you can add a new poll when you're adding or editing your chapter:
View attachment 869

If you would like to test out the poll feature as a user, I created a test poll here: https://www.scribblehub.com/read/16963-test-novel/chapter/23570/

On an ending note, if you have a suggestion on how to improve the site, please suggest it here: https://forum.scribblehub.com/forums/suggestions-bug-reports.5/. I can't reply to every single thread because it's a bit time consuming (sorry!) but I have read everything there.

Thanks!

I have tried the poll feature and here are my comments so far:

1) Why limit to 100 characters? Kind of limits of what fun we can have with responses. I like to make polls with proper answers and a fun answer so people have more fun participating. 100 chars is a bit low. At least 255 maybe?

2) How about an option where users can't see the votes but authors can? I want to know who chose to whip me... err I mean keep people's votes private while still knowing who voted so I might follow up with questions about why they think X

3) When I hit Edit button as seen is SS#2, then select my question and mouse drag, if my mouse ends up outside the box on mouse up, the dialog disappears with all edits lost which is annoying.

4) Can the question be a large rich text box with picture support? I am forced to make announcements with details of the question cause I'm too limited by the question box. This might still be OK when question is on the bottom, but if it is on the top, people may miss the announcement and answer the poll. I mean we both know how good people's ability to read before clicking...

5) When using mobile phone and clicking the poll results, sometimes the top and bottom bar cover it up making it hard to see the entire poll, so either those should be hidden or the poll results should have a higher z-index.

Last edited:

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
I have tried the poll feature and here are my comments so far:

1) Why limit to 100 characters? Kind of limits of what fun we can have with responses. I like to make polls with proper answers and a fun answer so people have more fun participating. 100 chars is a bit low. At least 255 maybe?

2) How about an option where users can't see the votes but authors can? I want to know who chose to whip me... err I mean keep people's votes private while still knowing who voted so I might follow up with questions about why they think X

3) When I hit Edit button as seen is SS#2, then select my question and mouse drag, if my mouse ends up outside the box on mouse up, the dialog disappears with all edits lost which is annoying.

4) Can the question be a large rich text box with picture support? I am forced to make announcements with details of the question cause I'm too limited by the question box. This might still be OK when question is on the bottom, but if it is on the top, people may miss the announcement and answer the poll. I mean we both know how good people's ability to read before clicking...

5) When using mobile phone and clicking the poll results, sometimes the top and bottom bar cover it up making it hard to see the entire poll, so either those should be hidden or the poll results should have a higher z-index.

@Tony , I know you are busy, but can you please at least fix #3. It should be a simple fix of changing from mouseup to mousedown event. I keep losing my progress every time I drag select...

Tony

Staff member
@Tony , I know you are busy, but can you please at least fix #3. It should be a simple fix of changing from mouseup to mousedown event. I keep losing my progress every time I drag select...

Of course! I didn't know it was that annoying but it's fixed now. You can only quit the window by pressing the "X" button or pressing the 'esc' key on your keyboard now.

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
Of course! I didn't know it was that annoying but it's fixed now. You can only quit the window by pressing the "X" button or pressing the 'esc' key on your keyboard now.

Yey, thanks! 😺