(Poll) How would you describe yourself on the masculinity/femininity gender spectrum?

How masculine/feminine would you describe your own sense of gender identity?

• I'm male - Very Masculine +3

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • I'm male - Moderately Masculine +2

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • I'm male - Slightly Masculine +1

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • I'm male - In between +0

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • I'm male - Slightly Feminine +1

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • I'm male - Moderately Feminine +2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm male - Very Feminine +3

• I'm female - Very Masculine +3

• I'm female - Moderately Masculine +2

• I'm female - Slightly Masculine +1

• I'm female - In between +0

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I'm female - Slightly Feminine +1

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • I'm female - Moderately Feminine +2

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I'm female - Very Feminine +3

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • I'm nonbinary - Very Masculine +3

• I'm nonbinary - Moderately Masculine +2

• I'm nonbinary - Slightly Masculine +1

• I'm nonbinary - In between +0

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • I'm nonbinary - Slightly Feminine +1

• I'm nonbinary - Moderately Feminine +2

• I'm nonbinary - Very Feminine +3

• I do not wish to respond

Votes: 5 9.6%

• Total voters

Ace_Arriande

Male, in-between. I'm fine with other people finding comfort in labels, but labels are a massive meme to me. I don't really care if somebody calls me a girl, or non-binary, or whatever else they want. In regards to myself, they're all equally worthless. Going by male is just how I was raised and what's the least annoying thing to do plus it's what all paperwork stuff is in. But if somebody made it a global law tomorrow and they said, "Boom, gender is now gone and we no longer associate certain things with masculinity or femininity," then I would be 100% down for that. That aside, traditionally speaking, I'm more into "masculine" things, but fuck everything about calling a specific hobby or lifestyle choice masculine. I don't see muscular people and think they're masculine for it just as I don't see anybody wearing makeup and dresses as feminine for it. People are just people. But again, if people find comfort in applying labels and traditional roles to themselves, I won't judge nor shame them for it.

I'm nonbinary but moderately masculine. By that, I mean I was born male, pass as male, and have a reasonably masculine body type. And yet I feel absolutely zero connection to masculinity, and no dysphoria from my body ether... like I present how I present just because of inertia, and I'd be just as happy (and just as dysfunctional) if I looked like somebody else. I'm pretty sure I'd be perfectly ok with almost any body I got assigned to, as long as it worked well enough for me to do the things I like.
Basically this.

PandaSempai

Yep. Very.

I mean, I grew up in a culture where if you're male, then you should act as one. And if female, you should act as one. Now if you'd ask if my views would change if I grew up in a different culture, well, maybe. But in any case, I'm perfectly fine with my masculinity.

That's why I don't read gender-benders, and trap stories. I'm a bit weirded-out by such arrangement. However, it's just my personal opinion.

Addendum: Our society's got more pressing problems for now than gender issues. But yes, we're slowly getting to it as well (especially in gender and development in education).
I totally agree. These kind of stuffs is not on the top of the list of the things we need to work on. More pressing issues like being 'Nambah One!' in the current confirmed cases in SEA is a more pressing matter.(I bet there are people who are happy because we are once again 'Nambah One!')

Undeadd

Identity? I'm probably as male as it gets I guess?
Appearance wise, relatively tall, not muscular but also not overly thin or fat, fairly average looks, wide shoulders
Overall pretty masculine I think? funny is I do consider myself a male all in all, but I actually wouldn't mind crossdressing if my appearance was less masculine, don't get me wrong I'm actually straight, but I really don't consider the whole "gender identity" as big deal, I mean what's the deal of making things gender locked anyways? a guy can like cute stuff, a girl can like stuff that is mostly considered manly. Clothes and the likes are just stuff we as a society consider appropriate, in the past it was men who kept the long hairs, make up(like stuff) and used accessories in some cultures.

I like women and that's the only truth I care for, so I do consider myself a male because I like females.

AlexaTiresias

Trans girl, and would say I am reasonably feminine, but like, in a dorky way, if that makes sense. I pretty much only wear skirts and dresses, and I like a number of things that are stereotypically feminine, like romance novels and cooking, but I also tend to enjoy things that are generally considered more masculine, like videogames and TTRPGs.

AryaX

While online and in video games, etc, where I can use an avatar/alias, I have been using female ones pretty much exclusively for decade(s), and of course I prefer male to female GB protagonists in stories, but I am anatomically male and I doubt I come off as anything but in my everyday life...

If a witch appeared and magically swapped your gender, would you be very disturbed?

While the gender swap by it self "might" actually be exciting or incite some other positive feelings... if I ended up looking good... But regardless of how I ended up, in any case my atheist worldview being overturned like that, and all the issues this event would inevitably cause down the line, would greatly overshadow any possible positive feelings and likely render the overall situation highly disturbing...

Last edited:

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
@Nahrenne said I should go make a poll, so here goes a poll~

There's a lot of genderbender fics on ScribbleHub (and also a bunch of threads on this topic), so I became curious how most ScribbleHub people think of themselves in terms of masculinity/femininity.
\o/
*huggles MinMin*
\(^o^)/

I see myself as female - slightly feminine.
Slightly because I'm not into what's considered feminine things like makeup and wearing skirts/dresses. I also have broad shoulders (imo), though my parents say otherwise.
That's not to say I don't have a feminine body, though since I do have a lot of curves in feminine places.
Hence, slightly feminine due to personal preferences not adhering to what's considered to be very feminine.
'-'

X

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
\o/
*huggles MinMin*
\(^o^)/

I see myself as female - slightly feminine.
Slightly because I'm not into what's considered feminine things like makeup and wearing skirts/dresses. I also have broad shoulders (imo), though my parents say otherwise.
That's not to say I don't have a feminine body, though since I do have a lot of curves in feminine places.
Hence, slightly feminine due to personal preferences not adhering to what's considered to be very feminine.
'-'

X

*\(^o^)/* *shaking pompoms*

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
Male in between. I'm a guy and that's a fact. But my interests and way of living kinda don't always rely on that. Yes, when in a relationship I first try to act like "a guy should/would by some standards" with arranging things, paying for stuff and taking all the possible things off the head of the other person, but I'm not a traditionalist or strictly hold to those ideals. I'm an open person for anything, just say a word and I'll adapt to what you like and won't shun you, as long as it's naturally not something truly wrong or illegal.

I'm kinda the definition of a switch, but not only in sexual terms. This does not mean that I'm completely formless. I do have my own views and ideals which I try to uphold, but I never throw hate at others just for being different. I'd rather try to learn more and understand their point, which naturally may lead to me changing some views or staying the same, against them, but with more understanding now.

Well, I do love guns and cars, but at the same time many other less "macho" things. And I'm kind of a stick person. Your typical skinny IT nerd. When it comes to clothes, well, I usually end up in jeans, t-shirts and material/leather jackets. Some of my friends say that I give a feeling of your typical skinny thug sometimes :blob_joy:

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Yes, when in a relationship I first try to act like "a guy should/would by some standards" with arranging things, paying for stuff and taking all the possible things off the head of the other person, but I'm not a traditionalist or strictly hold to those ideals.
'-'
That's quite an old-fashioned view of what a guy should do in a relationship.
These days, it's usually about being equal with one another, where either can pay, either can arrange, either can carry stuff. The only difference being that a guy 'can' usually carry more due to being biologically stronger but that doesn't mean the guy should take the majority if both can handle the amount equally.
'-'

X

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
'-'
That's quite an old-fashioned view of what a guy should do in a relationship.
These days, it's usually about being equal with one another, where either can pay, either can arrange, either can carry stuff. The only difference being that a guy 'can' usually carry more due to being biologically stronger but that doesn't mean the guy should take the majority if both can handle the amount equally.
'-'

X

Yes it is, but it's nothing that I force on another person. I don't feel emasculated when a girl would pay for me or do other stuff. It's just partially the way I was raised, kinda to respect women, but later it evolved into respecting the other person regardless of their gender. Thus, instead of being "Oh nononono, I'm a guy, I'll pay.", I'd rather be "Don't mind if I pay?" type. And you can apply this situation to other areas, not just connected to money.

Jemini

A lot of guys here qualifying themselves as "very masculine." I know that's a lie, because those types don't generally tend to be fans of web novels. I can believe a few, but not enough for it to be the highest voted category here.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I consider myself moderately masculine only cause' this ain't my final form. I'll fucking blow all of you pussies out of the water, you just watch

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
A lot of guys here qualifying themselves as "very masculine." I know that's a lie, because those types don't generally tend to be fans of web novels. I can believe a few, but not enough for it to be the highest voted category here.
I will fuggin snap you in half like disposable sushi chopsticks with the bare weight of my massive balls

minacia

perpetually sour
Well, it’s all subjective self-identification here. If that’s the way people see themselves, that’s fine ^^

I think I’m more interested in how people view themselves rather than how other people view them.

I was surprised by the number of non-binary people.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I say moderately feminine. I like makeup occasionally, but I'm too lazy to do it more than once a week during non-pandemic times. I wear dresses almost every day because they are pretty and I don't have to think about matching pants with a top. I like cooking and being penetrated during copulation. I also have a fetus!

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
What would your definition of "very masculine" entail then?
I would think being interested in smut and harem stuff that other people seem to think defines SH would be a masculine thing to do.