Poll: Is it Cannibalism if You Eat a Mermaid?

• Thread starter Deleted member 87036
  • Start date

Is it Cannibalism if You Eat a Mermaid?

• Yes!

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Nope!

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • Maybe!

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • I don't know!

Votes: 4 8.5%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 87036

Mermaids exist in Japan, although they are not the same as those seen in Western mythology. They come in a variety of shapes, but the most frequent is a fish with a woman's head.

Even said, their look isn't their most distinguishing feature—eating mermaid flesh is claimed to increase one's lifespan. Is it cannibalism if you eat a mermaid? Why or why not? Would you eat one to become immortal?

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Eating a mermaid will neither make you immortal nor is it cannibalism. It is hot shit. Ai-chan would love to eat up a mermaid. Unfortunately, it's impossible to find a real mermaid these days. So Ai-chan had to settle with asking Ai-chan's sister wife to cosplay as a mermaid.

That being said, in a fictional situation, you go with the following checklist:
1. Can it communicate in human language? Cannibalism
2. Can it moan in pleasure? Cannibalism, though this is highly debatable as a cat would moan in pleasure when eating fried chicken.
3. Does it understand the concept of seduction? Cannibalism
4. Can it drive a car? Cannibalism
5. Can it communicate in means that humans can understand? Cannibalism
6. Can it mate with humans? Cannibalism
7. Are they genetically related to your friends or family members? Cannibalism

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Technically it is the same as eating elves, nekomimis and other humanoid looking races. It is not cannibalism when it is not your race, it just feels like so because the creature looks, speaks and maybe even thinks just like you.

Cannibalism is the act of consuming another individual of the same species as food. Are the above races the same species? Maybe. Do they have the same organ? No or maybe. If the answer is no, then they are not the same species.

Schultz_von

Mermaids exist in Japan, although they are not the same as those seen in Western mythology. They come in a variety of shapes, but the most frequent is a fish with a woman's head.

Even said, their look isn't their most distinguishing feature—eating mermaid flesh is claimed to increase one's lifespan. Is it cannibalism if you eat a mermaid? Why or why not? Would you eat one to become immortal?
Yeah, I don't think I want to eat this thing.
Mermaids in Japan – from hideous harbingers of violence to beautiful  enchantresse

forli

The definition of 'species' is 'a group of organisms that can reproduce naturally with one another and create fertile offspring'.

If half-elves are a thing, then eating elves is cannibalism, if that's not the case then it's technically not. The same is true for every other race.

Alaska

It’s categorized as being apart from human so it’s mermaid not human nya

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
The definition of 'species' is 'a group of organisms that can reproduce naturally with one another and create fertile offspring'.

If half-elves are a thing, then eating elves is cannibalism, if that's not the case then it's technically not. The same is true for every other race.
The half-elves have to be fertile, though. Horses and donkeys are separate species because mules are not fertile.

TotallyHuman

I'd eat one... Sexually

VioletClearspark

Have seen a highly sentient dragon eat human meat while in the form of a human(Overgeared,
Gourmet Dragon Raidas
). If that is not classified as cannibalism, them eating merfolk is also not cannibalism. And I think it is not.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Depends. Do you eat the human part or the fish part? If fish then you're safe. Eating the human part in a non-sexual way sends you right down the psycho-lane

sereminar

I mean, i grew up Catholic and if eating the literal blood and flesh of a half god half man doesn't count as canabalism then eating a mermaid certainly doesn't. Though that's not to say that it's ethical