Poll: What Would You Prefer If You Get Isekai'd?

• Thread starter Deleted member 87036
  • Start date

What Would You Prefer If You Get Isekai'd?

• Reincarnate with your memories and meet love interest as an adult.

Votes: 45 60.8%
  • Reincarnate, but remember your past life later (as an adult).

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Transmigrate into someone else's body.

Votes: 11 14.9%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 87036

Let's say your 30 day trials of existing in this hell world we call Earth has expired, and you're approached by Optimum PrideTruck-kun. Because you can't purchase the full version to continue, you're forced to relocate to another world instead with these three options:

A. Reincarnate with your memories and meet love interest as an adult.

B. Reincarnate, but remember your past life later (as an adult).

C. Transmigrate into someone else's body.

What would you prefer? Why or why not? If you can bring someone else with you, who is it?

Alaska

Let's say your 30 day trials of existing in this hell world we call Earth has expired, and you're approached by Optimum PrideTruck-kun. Because you can't purchase the full version to continue, you're forced to relocate to another world instead with these three options:

What would you prefer? Why or why not? If you can bring someone else with you, who is it?
All of these options are pretty good but it is largely dependent on how things are in the world.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?

Me when there's only option of reincarnation and not permadeath

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

If those are the only options, then anything except "B". The problem with "B" is sense of self. There can be a ton of conflict with your old and new self.

A is probably the best though, cause then you learn things as you should. But with C it only works if you get automatic language translation and can access the memories of the original host (so you don't run into issues)

Viator

Wandering Moon that conceals the tide
Honestly, I like recovering your memories later as an adult, because it would give you a sense of identity and belonging in the world you reside that is incomparable to the other two. If you start with full memory and personality intact, you may have a harder time connecting in it to the people around you, and if you possess someone, you might always feel a little like an invader. Better for you to develop a natural origin in the world.

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
If those are the only options, then anything except "B". The problem with "B" is sense of self. There can be a ton of conflict with your old and new self.

A is probably the best though, cause then you learn things as you should. But with C it only works if you get automatic language translation and can access the memories of the original host (so you don't run into issues)

I put B cause i was kinda hoping for the sense of self to change. If the world is dark and requires killing, I'd rather have a mindset as well as common sense that supports that world, while receiving my memories that can help me use fourth wall knowledge to further myself.

Rekan

I'd choose number one since its the choice that I feel has the least conflict and risk to it. Because I see the other two choices being the same or eerily similar. Because where exactly is the border between "getting memories of "your" past life" and "suddenly getting your conscience and self put into someone else"?

For an example a random dude suddenly gets all of the POV memories of another, except they also get all of the feelings and emotions from them, it felt like they were truly the ones doing the actions and all. But up until this point the guy has never acted like the past life memories he got. Like he's the type that protects animals while the memories showed him being apathetic to them.

This scenario could be applied to both choices two and three, only difference is that choice three could just start with the reincarnated person not having the memories and sense of self of the person they transmigrated into.

Rather than a self, I think it's more like suddenly getting an entirely new conscience, but which conscience would control the new self? You can't exactly merge all of them either as from the example earlier, how would you even merge an apathetic conscience and an empathetic one?

In all choices you would become an entirely new person, but I see the last two options being the same: transmigration, unless you define the difference of the two more clearly and all or something idk.

Edit: so from reading the comments I'll just guess that transmigration means being put into an entirely new body that is developed but without the memories or sense of self of the person you were before.

Also in terms of surviving in an entirely new world that's filled with magic, monsters, and killing, I'll probably pick B if that's the case since while A would let me grow myself the way I want to, I could die at an early age because of danger and probably culture yknow, who knows if the parents in that world are kind and all maybe they're like vikings. So in the case of being reincarnated in a world of danger, I see option B the best for survivability but option A being the best for your sense of self.

Last edited:

Minx

Procrastinator Mongrel
I wanted to pick the second one, as mentioned by someone, the first one will make it hard for me to connect with people, however, if I have my memories earlier, I could make my future life easier than when I learned of my past later as adult.

Last edited:
Well, A seems like the best choice for me since I will never know where I end up and remembering prior experience can help me survive better.

If I can bring someone with me, probably I want to bring one of my own characters that's basically omnipotent and absolutely loyal to me. With their help, at least it could guarantee my survival.

...but yea, even if it's limited to real characters, I couldn't really prove they never actually exist in any way, but if I have to cut corners, probably Johnny Sins--that guy's basicallly an overpowered protagonist in real life. I might be able to survive if I were to become his follower and not do anything stupid.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
I want access to my memories asap so I can invest into crypto if it exists in this universe or build my mana or whatever I need to do to become op.

Kenjona

Pros and cons in my mind:
  • Reincarnate with your memories and meet love interest as an adult.
    • CON: You have to live with everyone treating you like a child for X amount of years.
    • PRO: However with an adult mind and being technically a "child" you could get away with a lot more. I have a lot of thoughts of "Well if I knew what I know now back then I would have...".
    • CON: By the way it is written, you are not allowed to mess with tween to teen crush's? No romance until adult hood? Or is this your love interest from past life?
    • PRO: No romance until adult hood, kids can really be such assholes while they try and figure out life.
    • CON: Puberty, hormones and your body changing sucks, who wants to experience all that again? I am male so in many ways it does not affect me as much as it does for a woman, but it did suck for me. For women the menstrual cycle popping up and saying "HI!" I am here to make your life miserable on a monthly schedule, except when I decide to mess with the schedule to mess with you. You also know it is coming sooner or later the closer you get to a certain age.
    • PRO: You might be able to deal with issues you have or have had that interfered with your early development better, this time around, but it will still suck. ADHD and puberty is not a good combo, but if you know you might have it and you know how you are suppose to deal with it and can recognize the signs you have it. You can get early help with it or even institute ways to mitigate it better.
    • PRO: You get time to learn about the world, when "mistakes" are generally overlooked, as you are only a kid.
    • CON: This can make you too different from your peers bringing unwanted attention on yourself.
    • PRO: You get to be one of the smart kids this time around, possibly even a jock smart kid if you want. Your knowledge of networking and making connections should be better than the other children to start with; even if you were a complete stay at home NEET originally. It can give you a chance to grow out of any such issues (or at least get a handle on them better) as a kid and be more impressive as a kid.
  • Reincarnate, but remember your past life later (as an adult).
    • CON: So you turn weird at some point in time. From a possibly normal kid to a nearly dual personality. Which will change some of your personality for the ones who love you.
    • PRO: You have a proper immersion in the culture you were born in, instead of having to learn it and deal with it and your old memories.
    • PRO: This hides your adult mind during a period you are very vulnerable to being caught out and not having the power to fight back if you are discovered.
  • Transmigrate into someone else's body.
    • CON: Whatever they did, your libel for.
    • PRO: Instant adult, will not be dealt with as a kid.
    • CON: Instant adult, in a world you have no clue over, in a family you do not know.
    • PRO: If the body is brand spanking new and designed by you. Then no built up attachments.
    • CON: You are stuck with whatever body type. As a child you can have some say in your bodies development, but not if you are an instant adult. You have to deal with whatever body you get, its physical cravings and desires already built in.
There are more Pros/Cons then those, but all the ones I can think of have to deal with specific world types and genres.