Votes: 11 22.0%
  • Maybe!

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • I don't know!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 87036

Suppose a sorcerer or supernatural entity like Tony offered you the chance to live forever. You may be given a drug, dubbed the "Immortality Pill," that ensured you would never die. People that take the pill will never die. There is no way out of this situation. This explanation, however, is problematic because the alternative situation, death, is similarly irreversible and has no escape.

Would you like to take it? Why or why not? What would you do with your immortality?

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Suppose a sorcerer or supernatural entity like Tony offered you the chance to live forever. You may be given a drug, dubbed the "Immortality Pill," that ensured you would never die. People that take the pill will never die. There is no way out of this situation. This explanation, however, is problematic because the alternative situation, death, is similarly irreversible and has no escape.

Would you like to take it? Why or why not? What would you do with your immortality?
Just document history as the eternal observer like how I was always meant to be

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation

I will not die anyway, so I'll chug down like a cracker. But srsly, if it existed, I see no reason not to take it. After a while I would maybe even learn to actually love life and myself

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
The more experience you have with life, the shorter you want to live. Age doesn't necessarily mean you'll be wise to care if you live or not.

Cultivators tend to act like kids because they can be granted immortality as they grow strong, immaturity is just a second nature once you live longer. Second life is just to experience another life but with a different outcome.

But life can only be experience once. It doesn't mean you have to live longer, just live on burrowed time.

The more timed life you have, the more precious it is when you can spend it to those whose lives are the same as yours. Timed life is like playing games in the past. Once you love it, then you grow old with it till you come back and experience the happiness of the past you have lived.

Echimera

I think a more important question is why is Tony distributing pills of immortality so casually.
That is indeed a question worth asking. Maybe alongside questions like 'Were they tested for adverse effects?' and 'Will you stay young or age and just not die?'.
Personally, I'd probably add 'Do you have other biomancy procedures in your portfolio I could take beforehand (or afterward, if the pills don't interfere with that)?'.

paradigmfriday

I'd take the pill if I could have more pills for my friends and family, and a few others. Otherwise, probably not. Our society is built for those living on a time limit, and I'm pretty sure being immortal on my own would drive me insane with either grief or boredom. So, I'd need to be able to build a community for myself, or either that or there'd need to be a community of long-lived beings similar to me. Otherwise, I feel like eventually, I'd just end up in a living purgatory. Plus I'd want to increase the number of immortals present in the world, just for the sake of keeping the governments and other such groups from getting unsavory ideas.

strayCat0

Other
There are many other ways to experience death without even dying in the first place. Unless the side effects also includes you'll still able to think while being frozen, etc

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
That is indeed a question worth asking. Maybe alongside questions like 'Were they tested for adverse effects?' and 'Will you stay young or age and just not die?'.
Personally, I'd probably add 'Do you have other biomancy procedures in your portfolio I could take beforehand (or afterward, if the pills don't interfere with that)?'.
Side effects include balding, erectile disfunction, kidney failure, arithmia, dry skin and a terrible taste in games and novels.